• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jana Finance Bank (For easiest Rupay Select DC)

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Here is my experience of opening Jana finance ( video kyc - variant account)

590 joining fees ,+ 590 annual fees in first year
Yes account variant name is - video kyc ( don't open other account type like sa+fd or digi account)

STEPS :-
1 - OPEN JANA FINANCE BANK WEBSITE WEBSITE LINK
2 - TOP LEFT MENU
NOW SELECT -
INDIVIDUAL
SAVINGS accounts
video kyc (4th In list ) 2500 mab or 25k fd
Start now

3 - FILL YOUR DETAILS
IMPORTANT INFO HERE WHILE FILLING FORM
IF you address doesn't have Jana finance bank branch your application won't go through.
What's the remedy - CHECK BRANCHES FROM here. :- BRANCH LOCATOR

Give new address as communication address ( no verification doc asked as u know ) but maybe during kyc u might have hiccups if you aren't calling from current address)

Solution is use - only for TF ace and above dm me

Now coming to Vkyc experience:-
( If u don't get agent keep trying u will get or schedule even then u might not find agent then just keep trying eventually u will get within a hour of try )

- they will ask you
Name
DoB
Father's name
Email id
Complete address ( communication) with pincode
Tell u read code from screen
Picture & Signature

They might ask where u calling from

After this - they will inform you to fund 2500 or fund 25k & get rupay platinum dc for free FY.
But Tell them u are interested in Rupay select Dc & will get it by calling customer care.
They will agree .
Then they will inform about intrest rate fd rd . which you listen & nod .

AFTER KYC :- ONE HOUR INTO KYC I GOT CRN number
Logged into app with CRN number.
Called customer care ( it's straight forward call like idfc ivr directly connected to agent )
They will verify your details like name ,dob ,mother name , email
And tell them u want Rupay select dc .they will say 590 + gst agree and u will recieve a sms for request number.
While on call

You will get dc + dc pin ( 2 parcel via courier)
+ Maybe a welcome kit too

In same evening got call for applying dc & cheque.
Since I had cheque book.
I applied for just cheque book (25p ) free.
For passbook - was told to contact bank

Dc picture :-- 1000007072.jpg

Schedule of charge pdf is attached.

caution - plz don't fund account before atm card delivery

People who have doubt on bank performance
Check this article -

:- if you have query ask 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_104408.jpg
    IMG_20240419_104408.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20240419_104328.jpg
    IMG_20240419_104328.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20240419_104253.jpg
    IMG_20240419_104253.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20240419_104219.jpg
    IMG_20240419_104219.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Schedule-of-Charges-Savings-Account-Part-1-of-2 (1).pdf
    752.1 KB · Views: 93
  • SOC_RuPay_Select_Debit_Card (1).pdf
    645.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Solution
I got this account opened for Amazon Prime membership through RuPay Select but in hindsight it doesn't appear to be a smart move as around Rs 1180 turned out to be the charges for debit card in the first year (Rs 590 already deducted and another Rs 590 in the next few days as per customer care executive).
If you've taken the card for sole purpose of Amazon prime then it is not a loss actually you're savings around ₹320 on prime if you're above 24 years then it's a benefit otherwise a loss actually. But If you take uber voucher you'll get around 1 a quarter AFAIK. So

Uber : ₹400 every year
Amazon Prime : ₹320(saved) 1st year.
Gym membership : 3-4 Months if you use or approx 600-700 if you sell.
SPA : 3-4 times a year...

doraemon

TF Ace
if epan hai then they are wilfully right because during vkyc then ask for PAN & not epan. Even I was rejected for the same reason during vkyc for HSBC cc
Are bhaiya Mera epan hai but Maine uska plastic version mangwa liya tha ₹50 wala income tax site se hi and it's original with QR code as well

They are just trying to be smart here

Don't want to bank with these guys

Trust Me

TF Ace
They reject vkyc
By giving absurd reason

That aapka pan card epan wala hai hum ye accept nahi karte

Isi card se sare accounts open kare h
Don't know kya fook ke Bank chala rahe hai ye

For Aadhaar too, some refuse e-Aadhaar, some refuse masked Aadhaar, .... and so on, although all such types are supposed to be equally valid according to the GOI !

Such people should be asked to give such refusals in writing.

doraemon

TF Ace
For Aadhaar too, some refuse e-Aadhaar, some refuse masked Aadhaar, .... and so on, although all such types are supposed to be equally valid according to the GOI !

Such people should be asked to give such refusals in writing.
Yeah that's very bad
Their loss
I was thinking of opening fds of few lakhs after knowing that they have branch here

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
Are bhaiya Mera epan hai but Maine uska plastic version mangwa liya tha ₹50 wala income tax site se hi and it's original with QR code as well

They are just trying to be smart here

Don't want to bank with these guys
I had called their customer care for the RuPay Select debit card. For verification, the lady asked "Mother's name" among other things. After I answered, she said "No sir, please confirm her full name." I answered that too and then she said she would put my call on hold for some time.

Meanwhile, I wondered how do they know my mother's full name as none of AADHAAR and PAN has it. I clearly remembered the account opening form had asked only for 'Mother's Maiden Name.'

After about a minute, she came back on the line and said "I am sorry, Sir! The details you gave do not match our records. Please visit the nearest branch."

I was aghast and asked which detail is not matching. She said she can't tell that. I guessed it could the 'Mother's Maiden Name' only, and asked her whether it is about my mother's name. Then she answered in affirmative.

I then asked her with what record she was matching the 'Mother's Full Name,' as they are not supposed have it in their 'record.' I told her only the 'mother's maiden name' was there in the form. She then kept my call on hold again.

After another minute, she came back and said she asked for mother's maiden name only. But as my answer did not match, I will have to visit the branch.

I was left speechless for a moment.

I then lied to her that just like they record the call for 'training and quality purposes,' I too have been recording this call for my own 'safety purposes.' I told her that she did not ask me for the mother's 'maiden' name but the 'full name.' She simply denied it.

I then asked her, why the hell did she take time to match what I told with their records as in the full name there were three long words while usually there should be just one? I also told her the correct answer and asked her to check it in their 'records.'

Still, she repeated the same line again saying I will have to visit the branch. I asked her for her name and ID and also asked her how to file a complaint against the customer service executive.

She then asked me whether she can put my call on hold again. This time, she took much longer time. But finally, when she came back, she said she has verified the details and they match their records. (The further communication went smoothly.)

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I had called their customer care for the RuPay Select debit card. For verification, the lady asked "Mother's name" among other things. After I answered, she said "No sir, please confirm her full name." I answered that too and then she said she would put my call on hold for some time.

Meanwhile, I wondered how do they know my mother's full name as none of AADHAAR and PAN has it. I clearly remembered the account opening form had asked only for 'Mother's Maiden Name.'

After about a minute, she came back on the line and said "I am sorry, Sir! The details you gave do not match our records. Please visit the nearest branch."

I was aghast and asked which detail is not matching. She said she can't tell that. I guessed it could the 'Mother's Maiden Name' only, and asked her whether it is about my mother's name. Then she answered in affirmative.

I then asked her with what record she was matching the 'Mother's Full Name,' as they are not supposed have it in their 'record.' I told her only the 'mother's maiden name' was there in the form. She then kept my call on hold again.

After another minute, she came back and said she asked for mother's maiden name only. But as my answer did not match, I will have to visit the branch.

I was left speechless for a moment.

I then lied to her that just like they record the call for 'training and quality purposes,' I too have been recording this call for my own 'safety purposes.' I told her that she did not ask me for the mother's 'maiden' name but the 'full name.' She simply denied it.

I then asked her, why the hell did she take time to match what I told with their records as in the full name there were three long words while usually there should be just one? I also told her the correct answer and asked her to check it in their 'records.'

Still, she repeated the same line again saying I will have to visit the branch. I asked her for her name and ID and also asked her how to file a complaint against the customer service executive.

She then asked me whether she can put my call on hold again. This time, she took much longer time. But finally, when she came back, she said she has verified the details and they match their records. (The further communication went smoothly.)
Mother name/ mother maiden name is
Asked in every bank verification.

For any item to be delivered they need to do this verification.
As anyone can call from your number & request anything.
This is I guess for individual security.
Call again

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
@Vasuki Sir ji, baat to ho gayi call pe. Kam hua. RuPay Select card app mai dikh raha hai.

My point was: us ladki ne khud Mother's Maiden Name ke jagah Mother's Full Name pucha. Aur fir bolti hai ki mera answer record ke sath match nahi kar raha.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
@DocFixIt Sir ji, baat to ho gayi call pe. Kam hua. RuPay Select card app mai dikh raha hai.

My point was: us ladki ne khud Mother's Maiden Name ke jagah Mother's Full Name pucha. Aur fir bolti hai ki mera answer record ke sath match nahi kar raha.
Don't take agents and bank employee seriously..

Maybe amex could be exception because they have inhouse call centre

doraemon

TF Ace
So I was very excited with the bank and account and card they are offering

But considering the basic things they are lacking like calling physical epan card as duplicate and not original

And I just read the post of @Sourabh_13
I came to a conclusion that this bank is still amateur
And ordering pan card by spending 120rs and then 7-8 days waiting
God knows if they did the same thing as done with sourabh

I am not going with this account now

Ak Singh

TF Premier
So I was very excited with the bank and account and card they are offering

But considering the basic things they are lacking like calling physical epan card as duplicate and not original

And I just read the post of @Sourabh_13
I came to a conclusion that this bank is still amateur
And ordering pan card by spending 120rs and then 7-8 days waiting
God knows if they did the same thing as done with sourabh

I am not going with this account now
No, you have to pay only rs 50 for reprint physical pan card.

marvel

TF Premier
Can anyone explain about gym membership. Is it once per quarter or per month? Should I use new phone number everytime I replace the card to get gym membership? Thank u.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Can anyone explain about gym membership. Is it once per quarter or per month? Should I use new phone number everytime I replace the card to get gym membership? Thank u.
Once per quarter ..
But let's see what jana bank offers .

Elite gym memberships can give u access to even Gold gym membership ..which are quite expensive & gals 😛