• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jupiter - Neo Banking

ichiprof

TF Buzz
Opened the Jupiter account yesterday.
Never experienced something like that in banking before.
Absolutely loving it. :)

Jupiter vs fi money ?
fi has 0 forex charges, free imps but worthless rewards system
jupiter has 1% debit card ( upto 150per month) and 1% upi rewards (upto 100) and 0 forex upto 25k spend, only for 10000 amb maintainers, otherwise its a plain 0 balance account
in my opinion
jupiter with 10k balance > fi > jupiter with 0 balance

Reactions: kjs
Got the cost recovered from the rewards received from account opening and also making some other transactions. Moreover, I wanted an account where I can mark spends and cash withdrawals and track them properly. Jupiter is giving that flexibility. Only rewards on UPI spends are restricted, not debit card spends. And for the VISA signature debit card with such high transaction limit and BMS Visa BOGO offers, I feel that one time charge of Rs.235/- was worth it as it is already being recovered.
With debit card, I tried recharge via mobykwik, used on bajaj website, used on cred all showed restricted category.

fi has 0 forex charges, free imps but worthless rewards system
jupiter has 1% debit card ( upto 150per month) and 1% upi rewards (upto 100) and 0 forex upto 25k spend, only for 10000 amb maintainers, otherwise its a plain 0 balance account
in my opinion
jupiter with 10k balance > fi > jupiter with 0 balance
So it means if i dont take 10k min balance then fi money is a better option ..

i don't know if I'm missing anything. i works like a charm for my use case.

Can you please tell benefits you expect from bank account, i will reply to you if i hve that.
Needed a premium banking service. Their response is shit. Even the branch is helpless. Even after family grouping, in premium banking you need to MAB in all the grouped accounts. No proper limit enhancements and upgrades.

Fino have changed their partner now.

Fino tied up with IDFC First then moved to equitas.
but the account opened at that time still continues.
Are you talking about Freo or Fino?
Cause Fino is not a neo bank. It's a payments bank and has its own banking license.

Jupiter vs fi money ?
Open both. Grab the referral benefits and keep the one you like and close the rest. :P
Fi money accounts are basically for working professionals. Rest are being freezed.
Jupiter is for user experience. You have to chose what you want.

With debit card, I tried recharge via mobykwik, used on bajaj website, used on cred all showed restricted category.
Restricted category for rewards?

Yes! Restricted category will not earn any rewards on spends made using Jupiter debit card (you'll get to know if its restricted or not only after making txn)
photo_2022-11-13_08-44-39.jpg Screenshot_2.png May be due to this.
I made transactions on amazon and at local merchants. I received the rewards.
I use it mainly for UPI spends and bill payments. 90% of all my payments are through credit cards only.
I liked the categorization of spends like in the below image. And the VISA singnature BOGO offers.

Back