• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kiwi Axis Bank RuPay UPI Credit Card

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Kiwi launches Lifetime Free 'Axis bank RuPay Credit card' and ‘Credit on UPI’ | Flat 2% Cashback for Waitlist users:

Website link:

Flat 2% Cashback for Waitlist users and Flat 1% Cashback on Scan & Pay

Kiwi app is expected to go live by mid May but the website is ready for users to register and join the waitlist

Kiwi will offer RuPay credit card to users to make UPI payments

The leadership expects to onboard 2 Mn users in eighteen months

Kiwi, a credit card platform, has announced the launch of its all-in-one “Credit on UPI,” solution for customers. Certified by the NPCI, Kiwi is the first app in India that will help customers experience “Credit on UPI” by issuing Rupay Cards in partnership with banks.

With this launch, the company aims to create one of the largest direct-to-consumer (D2C) models in the credit market through its mobile application, which offers users the ability to make payments using either a credit card or bank account directly through their phones in a secure manner.

Speaking about the launch, Siddharth Mehta, co-founder, Kiwi, said, “UPI has become the most inclusive mode of payment in India, with over 30 crore unique users and 5 crore merchants onboarded on the platform. With the launch of Kiwi app, for the first time in India, users can now leverage the power of a (RuPay) credit card with the convenience and ease of UPI. Our vision is to enable access to credit on UPI for 1 million users over the next 18 months.”

Kiwi users will be issued a RuPay credit card, digitally and instantly. Post receiving the card, users will be able to link the card to UPI on the app and will be able to use the “Credit on UPI” transactions facility at offline as well as online stores. The Kiwi app will also help users manage their cards with a host of facilities like blocking cards, increasing limits, and making card payments while rewarding them for every transaction.

Praveena Rai, COO, NPCI said, “In our step towards attaining the goal of ‘Digital Payments for All’, Kiwi will be a game-changer in the Indian credit card industry. With the monthly expenditure on UPI P2M transactions amounting to approximately Rs. 3.2 lakh crore, which is almost 2.5x larger than the monthly credit card spends, Kiwi is set to capitalize on a significant untapped market. Looking at the whitespace that Kiwi is addressing, we’re confident that their model will support plenty of Indian credit card users on a daily basis.”

Last edited:

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
No one in technofino will get this card, especially me even with 795 CIBIL and 803 Experian. Have 3 Axis CC a total of 26 CC and 50 enquiries in past 6 months haha. Damn sure this will be rejected. Guess the moment of truth is near with waitlist 7508. But do lemme know if someone with three Axis bank cards got this card. Also, quick question if we use our Tata Neu Infinity Rupay card will we get both cashbacks? 1.5 pc on Tata Neu rewards and 2 pc as Kiwis?

Last edited:

pankaj_ji

TF Premier
No one in technofino will get this card, especially me even with 795 CIBIL and 803 Experian. Have 3 Axis CC a total of 26 CC and 50 enquiries in past 6 months haha. Damn sure this will be rejected. Guess the moment of truth is near with waitlist 7508. But do lemme know if someone with three Axis bank cards got this card. Also, quick question if we use our Tata Neu Infinity Rupay card will we get both cashbacks? 1.5 pc on Tata Neu rewards and 2 pc as Kiwis?
Kiwi you will only get on spend via Kiwi CC or bank account.

thegame

TF Premier
is it worth applying for this card as if one has 3 Axis CCs then this will not go through unless you close one of your existing 3 cards right? plus it has all the current exclusions that CCs have altogether in a single card 😂

1685885263364.png

thegame

TF Premier
This is a virtual card only, so maybe they can issue it
oops forgot the virtual card point but still the rewards structure to earn Kiwis (RPs) is not that great and if one needs RuPay CC for UPI requirement then guess we already have other cards in the market.. guess it will also go down like other apps and lucky are those who reap the initial profits in the 1-2months after launch as by the time one applies now (today) and gets the card, I am sure all offers would have been exhausted..

onetwo

TF Select
You would think that because there are much better RuPay cards with fewer restrictions on rewards, Kiwi would follow the OneCard model, i.e. higher approval chances or pre-approved based on your score and profile, instead of wasting CIBIL hit and high rejection among waitlisted members, to capture the market.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
I don't think this card is targeted at users like us who have dozens of credit card options. It's to capture the uncharted market, first time credit users or first time Rupay users with a decent credit history more so if with Axis. They wanna play the game of scales not of average revenue per customer. So no wonders most of us in TF will see rejections.

I am sure of mine, it's gonna get rejected for sure. Axis rejected my Myzone LTF, IOCL LTF, Airtel Axis FYF in the past, while it approved my Magnus, Vistara infinite and Privilege cards very easily. Those buggers never give me any LTF just pricey super premium cards 😬

BTW one question for the forum here shall I swap my Privilege card with an Ace card? I find the Privilege card useless in front of Magnus. But the renewal points at 5:4 ratio kinda pay for the card itself, Ace I will have to shell out Rs. 590 every year. I have a FYF SBI cashback card too which I am planning to cancel next year.

Also, in my opinion they (gokiwi) should allow and advertise parallel sign-ups as a UPI app too. 1 pc cashback can lure many non credit customers also away from Paytm, Phonepe, GooglePay, BhimUPI etc. very easily. Getting them customers, scale and new investment infusions very easily. Their positioning should be the 1 pc cashback UPI app rather than UPI on credit.

thegame

TF Premier
I don't think this card is targeted at users like us who have dozens of credit card options. It's to capture the uncharted market, first time credit users or first time Rupay users with a decent credit history more so if with Axis. They wanna play the game of scales not of average revenue per customer. So no wonders most of us in TF will see rejections.

I am sure of mine, it's gonna get rejected for sure. Axis rejected my Myzone LTF, IOCL LTF, Airtel Axis FYF in the past, while it approved my Magnus, Vistara infinite and Privilege cards very easily. Those buggers never give me any LTF just pricey super premium cards 😬

BTW one question for the forum here shall I swap my Privilege card with an Ace card? I find the Privilege card useless in front of Magnus. But the renewal points at 5:4 ratio kinda pay for the card itself, Ace I will have to shell out Rs. 590 every year. I have a FYF SBI cashback card too which I am planning to cancel next year.
for my Airtel Axis CC which is almost a year old now, I called Customer Care and they issued me the card without any questions asked (was already holding ACE) but yes via CC it will be no FYF but for first year you will get 500 Amazon voucher for some condition like first transaction in 30days etc.. with ACE down to 500 cap per month for utilities, I would suggest go for Airtel if you have Airtel ecosystem or for 10% upto 500 for swiggy/zomato/bigbasket, if offline purchase then go for ACE for 2% CB (Airtel gives 1%).. for utilities, depends on your billers availability in Gpay/Airtel Thanks app as ACE gives 5% with 500 capping and Airtel 10% with 300 capping per month..

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
for my Airtel Axis CC which is almost a year old now, I called Customer Care and they issued me the card without any questions asked (was already holding ACE) but yes via CC it will be no FYF but for first year you will get 500 Amazon voucher for some condition like first transaction in 30days etc.. with ACE down to 500 cap per month for utilities, I would suggest go for Airtel if you have Airtel ecosystem or for 10% upto 500 for swiggy/zomato/bigbasket, if offline purchase then go for ACE for 2% CB (Airtel gives 1%).. for utilities, depends on your billers availability in Gpay/Airtel Thanks app as ACE gives 5% with 500 capping and Airtel 10% with 300 capping per month..
So you suggest to downgrade Privilege to Ace?

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had applied for this, got the card approved, even did a ₹1 txn from kiwi app to a merchant UPI to confirm the card is working, but there's miscommunication in between axis and kiwi, I'm not able see the card activate in axis app neither there is any billpayment option in the kiwi app. I'm feared how will they handle the billing cycle, and payments there's no live chat support in kiwi app, axis Bank cc is almost clueless. There's no Clear communication form kiwi team.

jimmypappachan

TF Premier
I had applied for this, got the card approved, even did a ₹1 txn from kiwi app to a merchant UPI to confirm the card is working, but there's miscommunication in between axis and kiwi, I'm not able see the card activate in axis app neither there is any billpayment option in the kiwi app. I'm feared how will they handle the billing cycle, and payments there's no live chat support in kiwi app, axis Bank cc is almost clueless. There's no Clear communication form kiwi team.
Congratulations , I believe you're the first technofino member,who got approval for the card.

Which all are your other Axis credit cards?

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Congratulations , I believe you're the first technofino member,who got approval for the card.

Which all are your other Axis credit cards?
I have the axis my zone cc, I'm also little surprised as I've been previously rejected for flipkart axis and freecharge axis cc so this is the first co branded axis cc that they've approved.

Also to note I just filled the form on kiwi app didn't go through video kyc, and got cc in kiwi app over the weekend.

abhishek751

TF Premier
At the risk of sounding inconsiderate,
Please can you tell what was your credit score,
Current axis relationship etc etc.
Really need to know if this card is worth the wait list.