• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak 811 Digital Account Debit Freeze

beingmohit

TF Premier
I deposited around INR 1.5l in my wife's Kotak 811 account. Today, we discovered that they randomly froze her account. As per the email communication, she has to visit her home branch to unfreeze the account. The problem is we are not in India currently and we won't be there in the foreseeable future. What are my options?

i recently deposited 5k into my 811 kotak account and after few days i was sending it to someone but txn got failed so i did it with icici, after some time i tried again it got failed, i tried from their app and it says your upi is blocked, contact customer care. I withdrew 5k via imps and haven't used kotak again. such a cheap bank. will never use it. they freezes account just for receiving 5k via upi and that was first ever transaction on the account. disgusting bank.
My UPI services of Kotak 811 are blocked since March, 2024. Luckily imps is working so i withdrew my money. I have Axis Liberty Account as well but i don't trust that too.
Suggest me a good Private Bank guys where i can keep the amount as much as i want without any hassle or headache of account freezing.

My UPI services of Kotak 811 are blocked since March, 2024. Luckily imps is working so i withdrew my money. I have Axis Liberty Account as well but i don't trust that too.
Suggest me a good Private Bank guys where i can keep the amount as much as i want without any hassle or headache of account freezing.
HDFC, ICICI, SBI and Axis ate good in these terms

Last edited:
First of all we have to understand why freeze happenes?

Suppose you have an account since when you were student. Now you work in a MNC with High salary. And doing transaction on that aforementioned account in lakhs. But bank knows you are a student. So it is very much likely that your account will be flagged and debit freeze may happen.

You have declared your income as 2.5L in the time of account opening and doing transaction of amount 3L every month or every week or something like this, can trigger the the flag and freeze.

It's just one or two example to understand the basics.

Like this there are many variables which can trigger this.

How to avoid?
You should update the profile in each and every bank you have accounts in timely manner. You should update your work details annual income details etc. declare again if there is any major changes in these details.

*If you have a banking profile which matches your transactions there will never be any freeze or flag.*

Furthermore banks will be banks. There may be cases where it's happened out of technical glitches.

Lastly: choose account types wisely.
Like if you want to do everyday small value transactions choose zero balance accounts, payments Banks etc.

But to keep amount more than a lakh or several lakh, you should certainly look for the HNI accounts.

Why should we stay behind when Banks wants customer for HNI accounts very badly and most of them doesn't have mab non maintenance charges. Use them if you are sure to keep High amount in any case.
These Will not be debit freezed easily.

For good account you can use HDFC, ICICI, INDUSIND , AXIS you may also use PSU banks if you like SBI, BOB, PNB Will be good. But taking PSU services require multiple branch visits, so choose them only if you have branches nearby, or stick to private banks

You can mark as solution tick if this helps.
Thanks.

nicely written
First of all we have to understand why freeze happenes?

Suppose you have an account since when you were student. Now you work in a MNC with High salary. And doing transaction on that aforementioned account in lakhs. But bank knows you are a student. So it is very much likely that your account will be flagged and debit freeze may happen.

You have declared your income as 2.5L in the time of account opening and doing transaction of amount 3L every month or every week or something like this, can trigger the the flag and freeze.

It's just one or two example to understand the basics.

Like this there are many variables which can trigger this.

How to avoid?
You should update the profile in each and every bank you have accounts in timely manner. You should update your work details annual income details etc. declare again if there is any major changes in these details.

*If you have a banking profile which matches your transactions there will never be any freeze or flag.*

Furthermore banks will be banks. There may be cases where it's happened out of technical glitches.

Lastly: choose account types wisely.
Like if you want to do everyday small value transactions choose zero balance accounts, payments Banks etc.

But to keep amount more than a lakh or several lakh, you should certainly look for the HNI accounts.

Why should we stay behind when Banks wants customer for HNI accounts very badly and most of them doesn't have mab non maintenance charges. Use them if you are sure to keep High amount in any case.
These Will not be debit freezed easily.

For good account you can use HDFC, ICICI, INDUSIND , AXIS you may also use PSU banks if you like SBI, BOB, PNB Will be good. But taking PSU services require multiple branch visits, so choose them only if you have branches nearby, or stick to private banks

You can mark as solution tick if this helps.
Thanks.

Back