• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Latest working methods to pay credit card bill from debit cards

sm9811911

TF Legend
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Major updates: (1) HDFC billpay and SBI unipay and other apps are now failing Non BBP CC billers. Thanks @VISHESH_BANSAL @Sriim for update. For these you can use Cred. Details here:
https://www.technofino.in/community...-card-bill-from-debit-cards.25788/post-745082
(2) HDFC Billpay service has changed it's MCC for some users, so avoid using that for now until things get cleared. Use Unipay instead.

*Main Post*
Most of you know the debit cards which are useful, but it’s difficult to keep track of which platforms to use, how to use because of devaluations/ limits.
I had written down current working methods for my personal use but thought of sharing with the community. Will appreciate any feedback. So here goes:

1) RBL signature plus dc: sbi unipay
1b) RBL Enterprise dc: sbi unipay
2) HDFC PLATINUM debit card: can be used on hdfc bill pay and sbi unipay
3)HDFC Millennia debit card: can be used to load Amazon/Mobikwik wallets for 1%. Can use hdfc bill pay or sbi unipay for 2.5%
4) indus visa signature, visa platinum and mastercard world : Use paytm and Cred (Dreamplug Paytech merchant) for visa variants. Sbi unipay, HDFC Payzapp and Cheq(not working for most) for mastercard variant. They all work with SBI Unipay.
5) FI money ( infinity or salary variant) : pay 1.5k multiple times through cred using fi upi. Debit card works with SBI Unipay
6) IDFC Debit cards: Pay cc bill using sbi unipay.
7) Axis Liberty dc : pay cc through sbi unipay for qtly voucher. Can use upi as well anywhere; no exclusions using upi. Bonus tip: Use axis gyftr portal / amazon to buy amazon gv from Liberty dc for weekend cashback.
8) Citi Priority on sbi unipay
9) sbi physical debit card on sbi unipay

Ongoing issues 1) : Some have reported idfc dc is blocked while account is active. You can complaint to idfc, it gets solved in 3-5 days.
2) Indus dc points are not regular, so will have to wait and still no guarantee that you will get the points or correct number of points.
3) SBI Unipay does not allow to pay SBI CC bill when you are logged in for some users. So, dont login and you will be able to pay SBI CC bill.

Alternative to SBI unipay: ‘Airtel’ (2 merchant names, both work), ‘jio finance’ app Canara bbps (also called Canara Setu) website. They only support bbps cc bill payment. These give 4900 (utility) mcc.

Estimated timelines for rewards : https://www.technofino.in/community...-card-bill-from-debit-cards.25788/post-777326

Full details with calculations on rewards added here: https://www.technofino.in/community...-card-bill-from-debit-cards.25788/post-634404

SBI dc rewards update from 1st May. Details here
https://www.technofino.in/community...-card-bill-from-debit-cards.25788/post-643329

AU bank and standard chartered bank dc: see here https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/best-debit-card-for-credit-card-bill-payment-2024.26178/

Last edited:
History repeating. The day DC option went away from SBI, everybody was making hue n cry here and I wrote, it will be back and it did.

DC option on JioFin App will be back by tomorrow or max. 7 days as in case of Unipay. But thing to note will be whether they change MCC.

Mast Jio tab tak without Fin. :ROFLMAO:
Mukesh Ambani k pas bahut paisa hai wapas aa jayega tension maat lo.

Linkedin per BBPS support se chat initiate karo or BBPS transaction ID do. Wo log udhar 1 ghante m reply de dete h or 3-5 Working days m issue resolve kar denge.

Canara bank ka koi direct contact information nahi h PG Setu ke liye. Unke grievance redressal mechanism ko follow karna padega or kisi random bade bank per non customer complaint karni padegi or udhar apni dukh, dard or peeda likhni padegi.

Waha se fir wo log complaint ko samjhenge or assist karenge. Refund automatically bhi aa jata h 7 days m. Yaha kisi ka hua tha fail or 3 working days m auto refund ho gaya tha.
Can you please suggest how I can do that @PKMKB .

Thank you for the help.

I am late to the party,
I tried paying icici credit card using jio finance but as mentioned by most of you debit card option is gone, it might come back but with different mcc 🙃, as of now went ahead with sbi unipay and paid using my hdfc platinum debit card, and i can see that we have one more option of canara setu.
Can someone please confirm the following for me
1) i see that maximum cashpoints we can earn per month on platinum dc is 750, should i upgrade my dc to millenia ? Will it help me with better rewards for cc bill payment using jio finance/sbi uni pay/ canara setu.
2) i also saw in the thread we can use hdfc bill pay, how exactly that works should we add the credit card as biller in netbanking ? Is it like auto utility bill payment and i assume we cannot use that for hdfc cc ?

I am late to the party,
I tried paying icici credit card using jio finance but as mentioned by most of you debit card option is gone, it might come back but with different mcc 🙃, as of now went ahead with sbi unipay and paid using my hdfc platinum debit card, and i can see that we have one more option of canara setu.
1) i see that maximum cashpoints we can earn per month on platinum dc is 750, should i upgrade my dc to millenia ? Will it help me with better rewards for cc bill payment using jio finance/sbi uni pay/ canara setu.

Millennia DC gives only 400 cashpoints after 90 days. So check how much per month your spends are.
2) i also saw in the thread we can use hdfc bill pay, how exactly that works should we add the credit card as biller in netbanking ? Is it like auto utility bill payment and i assume we cannot use that for hdfc cc ?
Do not use hdfc billpay to pay credit card bills. There are no rewards points for paying cc bills there since last month.

I am late to the party,
1. It depends on how much your bills are. If they are under 15-16K per month, then Millennia DC is a better choice. If they exceed 16K, go for the Platinum DC.

2. HDFC BillPay no longer fetch you points, so if you're going to use it, do so solely for paying bills. Don’t expect any points.

Back