• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Let's talk about Banking Related Problems which you're currently dealing with!

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Hello everyone,

Let's talk about some banking related irregularities or problems that you might be facing currently just like I am currently facing with below problems as of now and taking regular follow-ups for these:

1) Pixel Card charged 257 INR for EMI fees but isn't reversing the same even after getting a full refund

2) Flipkart Axis Bank card has charged me 590x2 = 1180 for annual fees

3) RBL Bank has made a CIBIL enquiry without my permission or consent for the second time (I made them remove the first one in August by giving them RBI bamboo)

4) SBI Cashback card got rejected for 8th time and now asked for proper clarification

5) IndusInd Bank has changed my address but with many spelling mistakes and in the end it's not matching with my actual address proof 😂

Let's discuss your problems too! 😜

Thanks for starting the thread. My problems -

1. ICICI Bank - I opened a salary account last year and while opening the account they told me that I can get converted to Wealth Management without having to maintain any TRV or AMB. I filled some forms and it got converted. After 1 year, last week, they silently downgraded it to Previlege variant saying that even though it is salary account, I need to maintain 25L TRV to be eligible for WM. There was a communication gap somewhere in the process. I am going to close the account anyway.

2. HDFC Bank - I want to open a 0MAB salary account in HDFC but the branch staff is pushing to open a savings account or savings max account [with initial deposit of 5L (so that account number will be same as my mobile number etc) and then I can convert it to salary account]. They are not willing to open salary account directly. I need to check in other branches now.

Both these are making me go from pillar to post. If things are online and we can do it through their app or website, it would have been easier and faster. These guys are still in 1970s. For everything, a branch visit is needed and we need to fill up some forms, sign and submit.

None will help here, SBI Cashback Card is only for a few lucky people. They're issuing this card to people who are not even earning but not to them who are government employees with decent enough salaries too 😂
It is issued for unemployed in order for them to earn a living. Employed ones are taking salaries and already contributing to the economy. That's why they get rejected for this card.

Tell me about it! I've become sick of their shit.

I'm a decade old customer of SBI, govt employee and currently have 20L FDs and also had my salary ac there earlier.
People at SBI Cards are acting like dumb m*r*ns. I applied for Cashback card twice last yr and it was rejected instantly.
This August, I applied after getting 'pre-qualified' message in Netbanking and Yono. It was again rejected instantly.

I emailed them regarding the reason and they said due to internal policy. After I sent few more emails, some clown from Customer Service Head team called and said because you're not holding any other SBI card, your Cashback card has been rejected. I got angry and give him an earful. He then transferred the call to his senior who said the reason for rejection is as mentioned by the previous agent. I recorded the call and told him to give the same in writing (as I applied after getting the pre-qualified message).

I keep emailing them for the same email in writing and they send me a copy pasted email of internal policy. This to and fro enail chain to Customer Service Head has been going on from august. The thread has 42 emails now😂. Now 2 weeks ago they recently came up with a new reason "rejected due to non-availability of bureau footprint" for which I sent the Cibil score report with 2 yrs of credit history. I keep asking their manager level guy to call & discuss but they again reply with a copy pasted email.

I've also obtained contact nos of local SBI cards manager in the city and had a lengthy discussion with him. He says 'Cashback' card is a retail product and they cannot source it from their sales channel. He is ready to process other cards including Prime & Elite but I was adamant on getting Cashback card only. He says Cashback card approval is fully automated and nobody can reverse it once the application is rejected by the system. I also gave an earful to the Branch Mgr. He was apologetic but says he can't help as SBI cards is a different entity altogether. I told him due to such antics by card division, your bank is losing old customers.
Why you are stick and beg with SBI.
Go with HDFC. You will get good FD interest.
They offer you instantly Regalia Gold LTF (Best Reward cards) and HDFC Swiggy LTF (same as SBI Cashback).

No sentiments with Bank 🙂

Why you are stick and beg with SBI.
Go with HDFC. You will get good FD interest.
They offer you instantly Regalia Gold LTF (Best Reward cards) and HDFC Swiggy LTF (same as SBI Cashback).

No sentiments with Bank 🙂
Regalia gold is useful only for flight and hotel booking otherwise it's not better than millennia...same goes for swiggy which is good enough only for swiggy app and not for other expenses. I agree with the FD interest part though

Regalia gold is useful only for flight and hotel booking otherwise it's not better than millennia...same goes for swiggy which is good enough only for swiggy app and not for other expenses. I agree with the FD interest part though
Who told Swiggy HDFC only for swiggy expenses?
It is better than millennia. You can get cashback up to 1000 in online purchase in millennia.
For HDFC Swiggy, you would get upto 1500 cashback in online purchase plus you will get swiggy benefits.
HDFC Swiggy is premium category.

With Regalia you would get more more rewards than cashback cards.

Who told Swiggy HDFC only for swiggy expenses?
It is better than millennia. You can get cashback up to 1000 in online purchase in millennia.
For HDFC Swiggy, you would get upto 1500 cashback in online purchase plus you will get swiggy benefits.
HDFC Swiggy is premium category.

With Regalia you would get more more rewards than cashback cards.
I gave u a comparison between hdfc swiggy and cashback sbi cc wherein the categories where swiggy gives cashback is very limited unlike cashback sbi wherein it gives cashback on almost all categories.

Similarly regalia gold gives good cashback rate only for gold purchase flight and hotel bookings. Otherwise millennia is best which gives 5% on preferred partners. Calculate the cashback rates for the two and u will find out which is better

Hdfc swiggy is not a premium card bro. Just check their joining fees and annual fees of swiggy and millennia u will know which is more premium

I gave u a comparison between hdfc swiggy and cashback sbi cc wherein the categories where swiggy gives cashback is very limited unlike cashback sbi wherein it gives cashback on almost all categories.

Similarly regalia gold gives good cashback rate only for gold purchase flight and hotel bookings. Otherwise millennia is best which gives 5% on preferred partners. Calculate the cashback rates for the two and u will find out which is better

Hdfc swiggy is not a premium card bro. Just check their joining fees and annual fees of swiggy and millennia u will know which is more premium
1729674095237.webp 1729674164491.webp

Now HDFC Swiggy is LTF. Other two cards you have to pay 1200 joining and annual charges. Let us know which online platform millennia gives cashback, whereas Swiggy does not?

Millenia gives only online. Offline Regalia gold is best. preferred partners 10X and 5X rewards.

You will get 1500 cash back in swiggy. millenia only 1000.

View attachment 72952View attachment 72953

Now HDFC Swiggy is LTF. Other two cards you have to pay 1200 joining and annual charges. Let us know which online platform millennia gives cashback, whereas Swiggy does not?
Bro not everyone gets swiggy LTF. Swiggy doesn't give cashback for Zomato and other delivery platforms whereas sbi cashback gives on all. Maximum cashback is 3500 I think in swiggy but sbi cashback is 5000.

Millenia gives only online. Offline Regalia gold is best. preferred partners 10X and 5X rewards.
The maximum cashback in regalia gold is 8.66% only for gold purchase and 6.66% only for flight hotel and maybe for smart buy vouchers. Millennia gives u 5% for preferred partners and 6% for smart buy vouchers but atleast it gives on Amazon Flipkart etc where regalia gold fails

Last edited:
See the Golf and stay and dine benefits. What about millenia?
U are again comparing swiggy with millennia.. u urself said swiggy is same as sbi cashback. I just told swiggy cannot be same as sbi cashback as sbi cashback is far better than swiggy.

Similarly regalia gold is only useful if u r travelling a lot and spending on flight and hotel otherwise millennia is good

Last edited:
Back