• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Limit Enhancement Offer From HDFC Bank - Dec 2023 | Year End Offer

deep@vie

TF Legend
I didn’t receive any auto limit increase so I emailed the grievance email. Upon showing my income docs (drawing a bit more over 1L per month in my slips) they have offered to increase my limit from 1.5 L to 2.75L over email. Do you guys think i should accept it or wait for a natural limit increment offer? Would going through the physical route (filling form and mailing to Chennai) offer me a higher limit possibly? Unsure if anyone has tried this before. I’ve reached out to the corporate POCs as well. Any suggestions would be helpful
Accept this now.Auto le you'll get again after 6months.

its_karan

TF Ace
BTW, How is the HDFC Sky? How does it rate among its peers ?
Any cons?

I found out while trying to open an account that I ultimately gave up due to the opacity in workings, lack of TAT (Turnaround Time) on resolution, and non-existent support from the helpdesk or grievance department.

1. The phone banking support for HNI (High Net Worth Individual) demat/trading is different from HDFC Sky. If you open an account with Sky, the phone banking demat desk will not assist you. There is a separate toll-free number, call there and be prepared for waiting and then to speak to staff who doesnt know shit. Email desk too has no response.
  2. They operate underneath the same infrastructure as HDFC Securities and have an RA license to sell mutual funds. The discount broking app/web, in my opinion, is just a frontend layer over the existing infrastructure with zero service. This means the usual situation.
    • They only offer Regular Mutual Funds. If you already have Direct Mutual Funds, do not transfer here, as it will be very difficult to redeem.
    • Simple stuff If you want to know or work with is not there like transfer of holdings/ remat of MF holdings/ AMC charges post 1st year etc etc
Furthermore, I feel HDFC still has not figured out the nitty-gritties like say Zerodha, so they have non-existent TATs(Turn around time to solve issues). The grievance department doesn't even reply for days.
The workings are very unclear.
These problems already existed with HDFC Securities and continue here. Will still give it a chance once bear market starts.