• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
I buy Amazon GC of ₹10,000 from Amazon each month and then use them for my insurance payment. (This way we get 5% CB for GC purchase)

But I sense that I have more bills from this year and need to purchase GC of ₹20,000.
So, question whether purchasing 20K per month would lead to any restrictions on my card from Amazon in future, any limits?
Anyone already doing this? I have seen a thread where @wolfdalalstreet is restricted from using the card for purchasing the GC, not sure how much did he push it to get this restriction.

Solution
I buy Amazon GC of ₹10,000 from Amazon each month and then use them for my insurance payment. (This way we get 5% CB for GC purchase)

But I sense that I have more bills from this year and need to purchase GC of ₹20,000.
So, question whether purchasing 20K per month would lead to any restrictions on my card from Amazon in future, any limits?
Anyone already doing this? I have seen a thread where @wolfdalalstreet is restricted from using the card for purchasing the GC, not sure how much did he push it to get this restriction.
IMG_20240204_153011.jpg
Check this limitation

Riya

TF Ace
You can add any amount of GC to Amazon wallet in a month but only 30k worth of GC allowed per month if purchased from Amazon itself...
If you buy from third parties then you can even add GC upto anything...
And no such ban or restrictions will be levied on your Amazon account.

Last edited:

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor

IMG_20240204_153011.jpg
Check this limitation

Solution

supperman

TF Premier
That's not the case with me, though. I've barely purchased any voucher from Amazon, maybe less than 5K, over the past year, and yet I can't seem to use a credit card to make a GV purchase. Everything else with my account is in good standing. Had spoken with customer care, they were clueless.

Riya

TF Ace
That's not the case with me, though. I've barely purchased any voucher from Amazon, maybe less than 5K, over the past year, and yet I can't seem to use a credit card to make a GV purchase. Everything else with my account is in good standing. Had spoken with customer care, they were clueless.
That's strange.... Any KYC issue?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Trick to get 5% cashback on Amazon gift card using SBI Cashback credit card

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
You can purchase only 2-3 times using credit card per month on Amazon.

supperman

TF Premier
That's strange.... Any KYC issue?
Nope. Nothing. All in good standing. I was surprised myself when I tried to make a GV purchase and hit that block. Thought it'd go away after a while, but didn't. Tried different cards to verify if it wasn't a card related issue, but that wasn't it either. Called Amazon twice after a couple of months to figure out, nothing satisfactory there either. They were themselves at a loss. Writing a mail to their CC had 0 effect.

Bit surprising. Amazon account is an old one with a reasonably fine history.

Riya

TF Ace
Nope. Nothing. All in good standing. I was surprised myself when I tried to make a GV purchase and hit that block. Thought it'd go away after a while, but didn't. Tried different cards to verify if it wasn't a card related issue, but that wasn't it either. Called Amazon twice after a couple of months to figure out, nothing satisfactory there either. They were themselves at a loss. Writing a mail to their CC had 0 effect.

Bit surprising. Amazon account is an old one with a reasonably fine history.
If nothing's wrong at your end then just write a mail to Jeff Bezos... I'm not joking... They actually reply back

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Do we get cashback on purchasing gift card from Amazon, as per the tnc gift card purchase don't give cashback. So I stopped buying gift cards from Amazon.
Yes, Amazon gv purchase from Amazon using SBI Cashback credit card is eligible for 5% cashback.

Note - if you get "Amazon gift card" merchant name then cancel the trxn and retry, all other merchant name is eligible for 5% cb