• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Looking for an expense only account (more details below)

I've been looking to simplify my expenses by having one source of outgoing expenses. I currently have SBI (for investments) and HDFC (for salary).

What I'm looking for is a third bank account for expenses only. Part of the money from my salary account would move here every month.

Features I want:
1. Autopay for CC (all CC even not bank CC)
2. Ease of opening online and subsequently no need to visit branch. Ever.
3. The home branch concept is stupid and absurd and it should not have that.
4. Reliable and fantastic desktop and mobile banking experience. No middle of the day maintenance windows.
5. (hopefully) zero spam. I don't want calls or upselling or cross selling.
6. 24 hours support in case something happens.
7. I have no problem maintaining up to 10,000 MAB. As long as it is not limiting my banking experience. I would be crediting 70-80K each month for expenses.

I'm considering ICICI, Kotak (idk if I should pick 811 or normal) and IDFC First bank account. I'm open to other options. Please provide detailed feedback.
---
I do not care about offers or anything unnecessary. This is an expense account and this is what it should be. No credit card from this bank necessary (unless of course its a good one and they offer it but it is not a requirement.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You seems to be jolly mood today 😀
Actually most of the times, I am like this only..unless some serious people are at work here, around with some serious subjects...

Life is too short, just have fun without hearting others, is my way of dealing with life

varun__goel_

TF Legend
24 hours support, even if I call now they pick up and act on my request (no need to solve but acknowledge it)?

During Jan1st week I saw 2 week days for maintenance for credit card though they mentioned for all bank transfer services.
Yes they have 24x7 customer care, and actual representatives. And I even liked their quick service. I made a sudden(unusual from regular spending) quite heavy transactions around 3 a.m. in the morning, and a debit freeze was put on my account for risk control. I called them at that time (around 4 am) and debit freeze was removed within an hour🫡🫡

I have never seen downtime in day time. Even it works flawlessly during night. Just once there were no OTPs around 1 am, and when checked app, it was under maintenance. If they have maintenance lined up, they show up in the app.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes they have 24x7 customer care, and actual representatives. And I even liked their quick service. I made a sudden(unusual from regular spending) quite heavy transactions around 3 a.m. in the morning, and a debit freeze was put on my account for risk control. I called them at that time (around 4 am) and debit freeze was removed within an hour🫡🫡

I have never seen downtime in day time. Even it works flawlessly during night. Just once there were no OTPs around 1 am, and when checked app, it was under maintenance. If they have maintenance lined up, they show up in the app.
Thank you ..
you made my day.. unknowingly I already got my most desirable girl of my life, with 0 cost today.. you are a really gem of a matchmaker !!!

0 cost = 0 MAB.. I already signed up

1705427764210.jpeg

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Thank you ..
you made my day.. unknowingly I already got my most desirable girl of my life, with 0 cost today.. you are a really gem of a matchmaker !!!

1705427764210.jpeg
Yeah I saw it in other thread. Congrats🎉
I am enjoying future first😁😁
Don't forget to place request for first tap sticker for amazon friday offer😂

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thank you ..

1705427764210.jpeg

Yeah I saw it in other thread. Congrats🎉
I am enjoying future first😁😁
Don't forget to place request for first tap sticker for amazon friday offer😂
Once I convert this to Wealth Account, then one last criteria also will be fulfilled I.e. the girls from rich family ;)

Last edited: