• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Looking for an expense only account (more details below)

I've been looking to simplify my expenses by having one source of outgoing expenses. I currently have SBI (for investments) and HDFC (for salary).

What I'm looking for is a third bank account for expenses only. Part of the money from my salary account would move here every month.

Features I want:
1. Autopay for CC (all CC even not bank CC)
2. Ease of opening online and subsequently no need to visit branch. Ever.
3. The home branch concept is stupid and absurd and it should not have that.
4. Reliable and fantastic desktop and mobile banking experience. No middle of the day maintenance windows.
5. (hopefully) zero spam. I don't want calls or upselling or cross selling.
6. 24 hours support in case something happens.
7. I have no problem maintaining up to 10,000 MAB. As long as it is not limiting my banking experience. I would be crediting 70-80K each month for expenses.

I'm considering ICICI, Kotak (idk if I should pick 811 or normal) and IDFC First bank account. I'm open to other options. Please provide detailed feedback.
---
I do not care about offers or anything unnecessary. This is an expense account and this is what it should be. No credit card from this bank necessary (unless of course its a good one and they offer it but it is not a requirement.

I've been looking to simplify my expenses by having one source of outgoing expenses. I currently have SBI (for investments) and HDFC (for salary).

What I'm looking for is a third bank account for expenses only. Part of the money from my salary account would move here every month.

Features I want:
1. Autopay for CC (all CC even not bank CC)
2. Ease of opening online and subsequently no need to visit branch. Ever.
3. The home branch concept is stupid and absurd and it should not have that.
4. Reliable and fantastic desktop and mobile banking experience. No middle of the day maintenance windows.
5. (hopefully) zero spam. I don't want calls or upselling or cross selling.
6. 24 hours support in case something happens.
7. I have no problem maintaining up to 10,000 MAB. As long as it is not limiting my banking experience. I would be crediting 70-80K each month for expenses.

I'm considering ICICI, Kotak (idk if I should pick 811 or normal) and IDFC First bank account. I'm open to other options. Please provide detailed feedback.
---
I do not care about offers or anything unnecessary. This is an expense account and this is what it should be. No credit card from this bank necessary (unless of course its a good one and they offer it but it is not a requirement.
What bank account did you end up going with?

Back