• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Looking for Suggestions from Exisiting EV Owner & how to Negogiate Better for Car Deal(went to ICE Engine Car)

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
My family and I are planning to buy our first EV car. I have yet to take a test drive of the MG ZS EV, and I have already test-driven the Tata Nexon EV. The car is just amazing, or all EV cars are amazing until things go wrong. I need to know what I couldn't find on YouTube. I need tips on how I can negotiate for a higher discount. The price is around 22 lakhs for the top model of the Tata Nexon EV, and the ZS EV is around 27 lakhs. It's a bit steep, but I need to take a test drive and then decide. The Mahindra XU400 isn't any good. If anyone has bought an EV recently, that would help me. with Acko Drive too i had a word with them. any other website i should check to purchase new car. and yes would be paying part by CC of a minimum of 5 lakhs and the rest on Car loans.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My family and I are planning to buy our first EV car. I have yet to take a test drive of the MG ZS EV, and I have already test-driven the Tata Nexon EV. The car is just amazing, or all EV cars are amazing until things go wrong. I need to know what I couldn't find on YouTube. I need tips on how I can negotiate for a higher discount. The price is around 22 lakhs for the top model of the Tata Nexon EV, and the ZS EV is around 27 lakhs. It's a bit steep, but I need to take a test drive and then decide. The Mahindra XU400 isn't any good. If anyone has bought an EV recently, that would help me. with Acko Drive too i had a word with them. any other website i should check to purchase new car. and yes would be paying part by CC of a minimum of 5 lakhs and the rest on Car loans.
EV ARE not worth the math in long term . Specially battery replacement cost is too high
Regardless.
More than Discount you should search about concession given by State and centre gov on buying ev car .

Before loan check for pre payment option ( ukik hdfc excluded 😄) this save more than anything.

One more thing agent tricks 5-7 year .
For first 4-5 year emi is high but later in last year emi is 1/5 the amount . Hence just increase in loan age hence the higher intrest in long term .

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What I heard was that lithium ion battery prices are coming down globally, so some manufacturers are passing the benefit

MG ZS EV is anyways little outdated now compared to competition in terms of feature parity. Mechanics / battery capacity etc. are good though. So some price correction due to this was imminent. A facelift could also be around the corner later during the year

Last edited:

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge

As per today's news - "Tata Motors' electric vehicle (EV) unit said it has reduced prices of its cars by up to Rs 1.2 lakhs. This is the first instance of a price cut by an electric carmaker in India. The carmaker has essentially passed on battery price reduction benefits to its customers"

You should check whether you are getting a better deal now compared to earlier