• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to do a car negotiation? How to use Acko drive quote:) Am i buying for 0 INR ?

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
IMG_1345.jpeg

So I have decided on a car after reviewing some cars I found out Skoda Kaushaq 1.0 Ambition Model Manual. Actually, this car fits all my needs.
Before we had plans to buy from Banglore - Taxes in Bangalore are higher than in Delhi or the north side
Here is a quotation we got from

Bangalore Skoda center -

Ex-showroom Rs. 13,52,500
RTO - Rs. 2,38,925
TCS Rs. 13525

Total Rs. 16,63,371

So in the South side, it's almost 17.7% Tax

I got a Quote from Haridwar
Skoda Kaushaq 1.0 M -
Ex-showroom- Rs. 13,52,500

RTO -Rs. 1,43,250
TCS - Rs. 15,525

Total - Rs. 15,66,361

In Northside a 10.6 % Tax

Remember
These prices doesn't include

Insurance - 59000
ESS kit - 10839 rs
SMP - 4 Year Skoda warranty - 26899 RS

= Total extra things - 96738 RS

The difference here is 97010 , Hence we decided to buy from north side and later on ship it to bangalore

Insurance is mandatory and it can be dynamic depending on the Skoda centre where Skoda guy play around with it to increase the margin.
Insurance can range btw 48000- 60000 RS Depending on what is included.

Here are some offer information, some agent won't tell you

1. Corporate offers (up to 25000)
2. Credit card offer ( not active everytime )
3. Dealer Discount ( they don't disclose or sometime don't give)
4. Last negotiation (up to you and dealer understanding )

As we wanted to buy Car including all extra things like insurance, ess kit, smp.

If we used to buy from Banglore it would cost us - 1760109 /- RS
If we bought it from Delhi or any part in the North it would be - 1663099/- RS

Now we know what we need we started negotiating process.

Called some Skoda center in Delhi, Bangalore, Uttarakhand etc.

The first phase Got 1st Offer :(Uttarakhand)

1497000 RS- Including Insurance this includes a corporate discount of 25000.
We used the 4th point and negotiated to 14.60 L

Final offer 14.60 L - after all discount including insurance.

We Deposit 25k for booking red colour car.

Now we told that we will buy after 1 month on Diwali for Dhantares.

Second Phase -During that time

As we have ID cards for Bangalore and Uttarakhand still we tried to call delhi Skoda to check prices and offer. After 3-4 calls

I understand no one will decrease price or offer better price until we have better pricing offer from any other showroom. So i shared my quote 14.60L to delhi showroom they told me they ready to do it for 14.53L- This will include insurance and I can give you 10k more discount if you buy now.

So Final offer we were getting was 14.43 L from delhi including insurance. In the end, we wanted to buy from Uttrarakahnd it was just to get a quote and get better pricing.

Third Phase.

I wanted all extra things including insurance with better pricing. So no one was willing to offer us better pricing after many calls.

I came across ACKO DRIVE

ACKO DRIVE - So it is a platform where you can buy car or do booking from there but they have a partnership with all types of brands like, tata, Skoda, Hyundai.

You can check in mobile app after you select your car you can get a quote form there as well.

As i saw they were giving the cheapest price its like amazon you get a product for better pricing.

Now I got a offer of 14.23L for the same car including insurance insane right !!!!

Fourth Phase ( This same person was giving me 14.98L including everything smp, ess kit, insurance after discount)

Now called the same dealer who was a partner of acko and told him i wanted to direct deal with you I am getting a offer of 14.23L from somewhere including insurance , Extra things which is SMP, ESSKIT which is little lie that's how they do it right and we did the same.

So i told him make me the best quote 1 time only I don't want to go though multiple negotiation with you and don't have time.

Final offer 14.43000 RS or 14.43L Including everything.

Fifth Phase

Last round of negotiation with Delhi Guy.

So after lots of talk we get to 14.35L including everything ...

Sixth Phase or Final Round

Sharing the same quote with Uttarakhand Showroom. He was shocked and two a whole week for negotiation first he was we can only give everything in 14.68L. I told him I will buy from delhi for sure if i son't get better offer.
He talk with his manager and we come to the decision 14.40L, this deal was not easy it took us much time this includes everything On road car , Insurance, SMP, ESS KIT.

So final offer we get 14.40L including everything we wanted

Seventh Phase ( Close round )

We just told to match the deal or we have option to buy from delhi

So we get to 14.35L Now we close the deal at this

So we saved 228099 viola!!

and saved 325109 viola buy from north side !!!

In total we saved almost 3.25L on this car.

Eight Phase

Now plan is to use Magnus Card for payment of 14.35L . The showroom manager told me he will charge 2% on transaction

So that means 1435000*2/100 =28700 RS
But if i use magnus card to spend 14.35 L I will get 251125 EDGE Points , if the ratio is 5:4 200900 edge points.

So lets see how much a 200900 edge points are worth.

Last time I took a flight from Japan to delhi (ANA higher price was 398000 one way )

I used 48000 points +58 $

So in 200900 I can fly 4 times that means 4*398000 = 1665795 INR

Should I say i am gonna buy car for 0 RS ???????

Would love to hear your thoughts !!

or If i consider it for accor 200900/2000 points = 40 euro *100.45 = 4018 EURO

4018*88 = 353584 INR saving !!

Remember these calculations are just a example it needs now a burgundy account with magnus upgrade need to maintain 10 Lakh nrv etc.

Please let me know your suggestion and what you thought of this

NEW UPDATE -- 1L Transaction we trying to made free of charge and above 1L its 2% that's what we are in talk now

New Update - We talk with manager regarding charge took me 30 mins to negotiate this credit card fees. But I don't want to even completely wavie off the fees as they were very polite helpful.

I come to the final negotiation 0.5% - 7500 but I have to give 8000 via UPI

you need patience and sales skills to crack the best deal for you

Last edited:

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Congrats for the car...
and bravo for being meticulous in multiple rounds of negotiation.... did not know if one can bring down the car by this margin :)
thanks, man! We can if we play around a little and have patience. One thing I got to know is never buy car instantly like in few days or week wait for a month at least before you buy.

ssnthegenius

TF Premier
Bro I didn't Understand NEW UPDATE thing. Can u explain?

So I have decided on a car after reviewing some cars I found out Skoda Kaushaq 1.0 Ambition Model Manual. Actually, this car fits all my needs.
Before we had plans to buy from Banglore - Taxes in Bangalore are higher than in Delhi or the north side

Bangalore Skoda center -

RTO - Rs. 2,38,925
TCS Rs. 13525

Total Rs. 16,63,371

Skoda Kaushaq 1.0 M -

RTO -Rs. 1,43,250
TCS - Rs. 15,525

Total - Rs. 15,66,361

Remember

Insurance - 59000
ESS kit - 10839 rs

The difference here is 97010 , Hence we decided to buy from north side and later on ship it to bangalore

Insurance is mandatory and it can be dynamic depending on the Skoda centre where Skoda guy play around with it to increase the margin.

As we wanted to buy Car including all extra things like insurance, ess kit, smp.

As we have ID cards for Bangalore and Uttarakhand still we tried to call delhi Skoda to check prices and offer. After 3-4 calls

I understand no one will decrease price or offer better price until we have better pricing offer from any other showroom. So i shared my quote 14.60L to delhi showroom they told me they ready to do it for 14.53L- This will include insurance and I can give you 10k more discount if you buy now.

So Final offer we were getting was 14.43 L from delhi including insurance. In the end, we wanted to buy from Uttrarakahnd it was just to get a quote and get better pricing.

Third Phase.

I wanted all extra things including insurance with better pricing. So no one was willing to offer us better pricing after many calls.

I came across ACKO DRIVE

ACKO DRIVE - So it is a platform where you can buy car or do booking from there but they have a partnership with all types of brands like, tata, Skoda, Hyundai.

You can check in mobile app after you select your car you can get a quote form there as well.

As i saw they were giving the cheapest price its like amazon you get a product for better pricing.

Now I got a offer of 14.23L for the same car including insurance insane right !!!!

Fourth Phase ( This same person was giving me 14.98L including everything smp, ess kit, insurance after discount)

Now called the same dealer who was a partner of acko and told him i wanted to direct deal with you I am getting a offer of 14.23L from somewhere including insurance , Extra things which is SMP, ESSKIT which is little lie that's how they do it right and we did the same.

So i told him make me the best quote 1 time only I don't want to go though multiple negotiation with you and don't have time.

Fifth Phase

Sharing the same quote with Uttarakhand Showroom. He was shocked and two a whole week for negotiation first he was we can only give everything in 14.68L. I told him I will buy from delhi for sure if i son't get better offer.
He talk with his manager and we come to the decision 14.40L, this deal was not easy it took us much time this includes everything On road car , Insurance, SMP, ESS KIT.

Eight Phase

Now plan is to use Magnus Card for payment of 14.35L . The showroom manager told me he will charge 2% on transaction

But if i use magnus card to spend 14.35 L I will get 251125 EDGE Points , if the ratio is 5:4 200900 edge points.

Last time I took a flight from Japan to delhi (ANA airways which regular piece was 398000 one way )

NEW UPDATE -- 1L Transaction we trying to made free of charge and above 1L its 1.5% that's what we are in talk now

ssnthegenius

TF Premier

Bangalore Skoda center -

RTO - Rs. 2,38,925
TCS Rs. 13525

Total Rs. 16,63,371

Skoda Kaushaq 1.0 M -

RTO -Rs. 1,43,250
TCS - Rs. 15,525

Total - Rs. 15,66,361

Remember

Insurance - 59000
ESS kit - 10839 rs

Third Phase.

I came across ACKO DRIVE

Fifth Phase

Eight Phase

Last time I took a flight from Japan to delhi (ANA airways which regular piece was 398000 one way )

NEW UPDATE -- 1L Transaction we trying to made free of charge and above 1L its 1.5% that's what we are in talk now
Congratulations for new car man!!

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Bro I didn't Understand NEW UPDATE thing. Can u explain?
New update means negotiated with the agent for 1.5% instead of 2% :)

Also he was saying only i can do 25k with upi in starting and all i need rest with RTGS or bank transfer to check. but i see in skoda slip that they take up to 1L for free, So i asked him 10 days before we did last round of negotiation.

So for 1L no card free but after 1 L which is 13.35 left we need to pay charges

margan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Could anyone share what are the charges, these dealers can bring down.... for getting a good On-road price... ?

Guess, below fixed charges are non-negotiable...
Fixed :
Ex-showroom price
Registration Road Tax

Below things at dealer's discretion and maybe bringdown his margin....

Variables :
Accessory kits
Extended warranty
AMC
Basic Insurance

Please clarify/and share more on this... Thanks in advance...

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Could anyone share what are the charges, these dealers can bring down.... for getting a good On-road price... ?

Guess, below fixed charges are non-negotiable...
Fixed :
Ex-showroom price
Registration Road Tax

Below things at dealer's discretion and maybe bringdown his margin....

Variables :
Accessory kits
Extended warranty
AMC
Basic Insurance

Please clarify/and share more on this... Thanks in advance...
Can't say until you share exact car details and pre-negotiation price

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Congrats for the car...
and bravo for being meticulous in multiple rounds of negotiation.... did not know if one can bring down the car by this margin :)
New Update - We talk with manager regarding charge took me 30 mins to negotiate this credit card fees. But I don't want to even completely wavie off the fees as they were very polite helpful.

margan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can't say until you share exact car details and pre-negotiation price
My friend tried to negotiate on-road price for Altroz....
the dealer gave a 30k discount... making my friend happy... But the thing is AMC and Extended warranty was removed from the list of items(worth of 30k ) ....
So at the end.. there was no discount as such...

That's the reason asked, what are the things which dealer can give discount...
only Insurance and Accessories ... dealer can let go off right ?

Maybe not applicable for cars less than 10L ; )

ssnthegenius

TF Premier
IMG_1345.jpeg

Bangalore Skoda center -

RTO - Rs. 2,38,925
TCS Rs. 13525

Total Rs. 16,63,371

Skoda Kaushaq 1.0 M -

RTO -Rs. 1,43,250
TCS - Rs. 15,525

Total - Rs. 15,66,361

Remember

Insurance - 59000
ESS kit - 10839 rs

Third Phase.

I came across ACKO DRIVE

Fifth Phase

Eight Phase

Last time I took a flight from Japan to delhi (ANA higher price was 398000 one way )

Remember these calculations are just a example it needs now a burgundy account with magnus upgrade need to maintain 10 Lakh nrv etc.

NEW UPDATE -- 1L Transaction we trying to made free of charge and above 1L its 2% that's what we are in talk now

Any idea for two wheeler negotiation? Please give your feedback regarding the same..

deep@vie

TF Legend
IMG_1345.jpeg

Bangalore Skoda center -

RTO - Rs. 2,38,925
TCS Rs. 13525

Total Rs. 16,63,371

Skoda Kaushaq 1.0 M -

RTO -Rs. 1,43,250
TCS - Rs. 15,525

Total - Rs. 15,66,361

Remember

Insurance - 59000
ESS kit - 10839 rs

Third Phase.

I came across ACKO DRIVE

Fifth Phase

Eight Phase

Congratulations 🎊 🎊

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
My friend tried to negotiate on-road price for Altroz....
the dealer gave a 30k discount... making my friend happy... But the thing is AMC and Extended warranty was removed from the list of items(worth of 30k ) ....
So at the end.. there was no discount as such...

That's the reason asked, what are the things which dealer can give discount...
only Insurance and Accessories ... dealer can let go off right ?

Maybe not applicable for cars less than 10L ; )
According to what you said it is not a discount or negotiation as you just removed accessories. Go to acko .com find this car and then ask them best price negotiate with the dealer and make sure you take all accessories insurance. Insurance will be included most of the time.
Its a deal the can quote you 42000 insurance at 52000 and accessories worth 10000 at 15000

Btw I still have half info like what model 1.2xe,1.2 xm, 1,2 xm plus etc

Last edited:

margan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
According to what you said it is not a discount or negotiation as you just removed accessories. Go to acko .com find this car and then ask them best price negotiate with the dealer and make sure you take all accessories insurance. Insurance will be included most of the time.
Its a deal the can quote you 42000 insurance at 52000 and accessories worth 10000 at 15000
Got it... !! Thanks...
Sure.. Let me check this for Nexon..... in next few months... !