• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

looking for suggestions here for a new credit card.

bro

TF Buzz
Hey Guys,
I am new to the forum, don't have the necessary privileges to initiate a new thread.
But I am looking for suggestions here for a new credit card.

Currently using ICICI Bank's Sapphiro card - got it LTF in Jan 2020, been primarily using it ever since. have a limit of ~10L.
I tried upgrading to Emeralde, but they declined my request saying you need upwards of 4L for LTF.
(This was not an alumni offer, got it owing to my salary - but I am Tier 1 college passout - so in case of any other alumni offers, please do suggest those as well.)
Besides this, I have Amazon Pay ICICI and Airtel Axis bank - but those are for dedicated partner purchases/ bill payments only.

I was thinking of changing my salary account to HDFC bank and hope for a premium LTF card. current salary is around 2.65L/ month.
My expenditure is on the lower side only, at max 2-3L/ yr.

I am looking for suggestions if you think this switch will be worth it OR some other bank.

Again, apologies for spamming this thread.

Hey Guys,
I am new to the forum, don't have the necessary privileges to initiate a new thread.
But I am looking for suggestions here for a new credit card.

Currently using ICICI Bank's Sapphiro card - got it LTF in Jan 2020, been primarily using it ever since. have a limit of ~10L.
I tried upgrading to Emeralde, but they declined my request saying you need upwards of 4L for LTF.
(This was not an alumni offer, got it owing to my salary - but I am Tier 1 college passout - so in case of any other alumni offers, please do suggest those as well.)
Besides this, I have Amazon Pay ICICI and Airtel Axis bank - but those are for dedicated partner purchases/ bill payments only.

I was thinking of changing my salary account to HDFC bank and hope for a premium LTF card. current salary is around 2.65L/ month.
My expenditure is on the lower side only, at max 2-3L/ yr.

I am looking for suggestions if you think this switch will be worth it OR some other bank.

Again, apologies for spamming this thread.
moved that post to a new thread. now as far i can say with 2.65L of monthly salary HDFC will give you premium card cause it need around same amount or close to 3L if I'm right but then your expense are low for now. so you can move and in 3-6 months time you can get hdfc premium cc if you're NTB. so don't apply for hdfc cc cause you have handsome limit on icici use that cc and use get another cc like SBI Cashback for 5% on online but for hdfc don't take co-branded straight away. if RM/BM offer you infinia FYF/LTF then do take it if not wait.

Reactions: bro
LTF premium card? Do you have any connections in higher ups at HDFC bank? Only then there is possibility. Don't think salary criteria alone is enough to get LTF.

Else you can easily get DCB metal FYF based on c2c method as you have good salary and card with good limit currently. You don't have to shift salary account for that

Reactions: bro
Back