• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Looks like HDFC has started giving Regalia GOLD as LTF

Krishna Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
guys, is the upgrade from Regalia to Regalia gold worth if we dont have have high spends to get the milestone benefits? I see the rewards same as Regalia. Am i missing anything here?
Also, Regalia has Rupay variant but i doubt if Regalia gold has a Rupay variant
Only advantage is 12 complementary lounge visits without any minimum spend requirement. Few changes in milestone benefits.
Otherwise pretty much same.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think they are slowly phasing out regalia and migrating the users to RG…
In the first phase they migrate top ranked users and slowly moves down in the ranking and at the end everyone..
Tip:
I’d you don’t get LTF RG and you don’t see paid RG of any decent value for you and you currently have Regali la LTF then don’t take RG paid..

Eventually they will move everyone to RG .. and wait for your turn to get RG LTF..

Last edited:

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
guys, is the upgrade from Regalia to Regalia gold worth if we dont have have high spends to get the milestone benefits? I see the rewards same as Regalia. Am i missing anything here?
Also, Regalia has Rupay variant but i doubt if Regalia gold has a Rupay variant

HDFC has a comparison here. Basically its slightly better milestone benefits, some welcome benefits and removal of lounge spend criteria when you upgrade to Regalia Gold. Some people are getting LTF upgrade which is definitely worth taking

I think they are slowly phasing out regalia and migrating the users to RG…
That is how I am reading this…

Yes, they seem to be getting more aggressive, first with the FYF offers and now with LTF. I think pretty soon base Regalia will only be offered as a renewal option for existing holders

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, they seem to be getting more aggressive, first with the FYF offers and now with LTF. I think pretty soon base Regalia will only be offered as a renewal option for existing holders
Even those guys also will get moved into RG.
That is why I am advising not to take RG FYF

b4bhar

TF Premier
Even those guys also will get moved into RG.
That is why I am advising not to take RG FYF
Yeah, but they aren't stopping Regalia as they sent me a new regalia rupay card yesterday after i asked for a conversion from visa to rupay variant. Also, i heard that there is no rupay variant in regalia gold

Reactions: SSV

b4bhar

TF Premier
HDFC has a comparison here. Basically its slightly better milestone benefits, some welcome benefits and removal of lounge spend criteria when you upgrade to Regalia Gold. Some people are getting LTF upgrade which is definitely worth taking

Neither those milestone benefits or welcome benefits make sense to me aa I'm not into traveling. So, i can stick with regalia for now as I'm only getting FYF and also just received the rupay variant yesterday after i requested for a conversation from visa.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah, but they aren't stopping Regalia as they sent me a new regalia rupay card yesterday after i asked for a conversion from visa to rupay variant. Also, i heard that there is no rupay variant in regalia gold
Don’t worry about Rupay mate.. there is nothing special about it

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Neither those milestone benefits or welcome benefits make sense to me aa I'm not into traveling. So, i can stick with regalia for now as I'm only getting FYF and also just received the rupay variant yesterday after i requested for a conversation from visa.
I'm curious as to why you want a Rupay variant in particular?

• Hehe

b4bhar

TF Premier
This is exactly where it is overrated..
One or two Rupay ccs are enough for anyone..
people want Rupay in every card they take , just in case it will be useful for CC on UPI purposes…
It is a over kill..
This CC on UPI will also slowly die
Chill bro. Dont quickly jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. I dont have any Rupay cards till date. So, wanted to have one which is LTF as well when i heard that hdfc is converting on request basis. All my cards are Visa and master card.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Chill bro. Dont quickly jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. I dont have any Rupay cards till date. So, wanted to have one which is LTF as well when i heard that hdfc is converting on request basis. All my cards are Visa and master card.
So options for you
1) Get a Rupay LTF CC on some other cards
Or
2) wait for RG offered on Rupay platform..
Which one you choose??

b4bhar

TF Premier
So options for you
1) Get a Rupay LTF CC on some other cards
Or
2) wait for RG offered on Rupay platform..
Which one you choose??
As there are no good Rupay cards which are LTF, i will stay with regalia rupay for now as regalia gold isn't different at least for me.
If I'm not wrong, the rewards points are same on UPI spends as well which is 4 reward points for every 150 spend like other retail spends. This is isn't bad as its a ltf card for me and helpful during Rupay spends.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
As there are no good Rupay cards which are LTF, i will stay with regalia rupay for now as regalia gold isn't different at least for me.
If I'm not wrong, the rewards points are same on UPI spends as well which is 4 reward points for every 150 spend like other retail spends. This is isn't bad as its a ltf card for me and helpful during Rupay spends.
Okay .. very good..

b4bhar

TF Premier
What if they never offer on Rupay ??
Will you wait until that happens?
Actually, I'm not waiting. I already got the rupay card yesterday. All others rewards on gold are similar to my regalia as i dont hit milestones with this card. So, its not worth the upgrade for me.

• Love