• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB LTF Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

dilbwagsingh

TF Buzz
I am currently having a decent relationship with HDFC bank. Had been maintaining quite a lot of balance in my savings account. I had previously tried getting DCB Metal as LTF but was refused straight up by the RM. Only recently when I started moving that money out to my SBI account and not maintain such high balance anymore my RM offered me a LTF DCB Metal upgrade over my regalia. But she is insisting me on purchasing a ULIP plan (HDFC life smart protect plan) which has a 5 year lock-in and premium she is insisting on is more than 1 lakh per annum. I did counter her saying I can work with a single time premium payment option plan (HDFC life insurance sampoorn nivesh) but not with a policy where I have to keep paying premiums for the coming 5 years. To which her reply is single time payment option plans will not be useful for your case escalation for DCB LTF.

My questions are -
1. What options do I have to better negotiate my case? Will taking directly to a branch manager work out better?
2. Are ULIP plans even worth it for getting a DCB Metal LTF? (P.S. - Already asked for Infinia LTF in return of the ULIP purchase but they said it is not possible)
3. Would moving towards 0 balance work out i.e moving all my money to SBI?

I am currently having a decent relationship with HDFC bank. Had been maintaining quite a lot of balance in my savings account. I had previously tried getting DCB Metal as LTF but was refused straight up by the RM. Only recently when I started moving that money out to my SBI account and not maintain such high balance anymore my RM offered me a LTF DCB Metal upgrade over my regalia. But she is insisting me on purchasing a ULIP plan (HDFC life smart protect plan) which has a 5 year lock-in and premium she is insisting on is more than 1 lakh per annum. I did counter her saying I can work with a single time premium payment option plan (HDFC life insurance sampoorn nivesh) but not with a policy where I have to keep paying premiums for the coming 5 years. To which her reply is single time payment option plans will not be useful for your case escalation for DCB LTF.

My questions are -
1. What options do I have to better negotiate my case? Will taking directly to a branch manager work out better?
2. Are ULIP plans even worth it for getting a DCB Metal LTF? (P.S. - Already asked for Infinia LTF in return of the ULIP purchase but they said it is not possible)
3. Would moving towards 0 balance work out i.e moving all my money to SBI?
ULIP Plans are not worth for anything.

Counter her offer with different investment options, the only useful ones:
1. Term Plan (If you dont have one already)
2. Health Insurance (If you dont have one already)

Eventually, the best output is making high value FD. Suggest that you can make FD of 10 lks+ or even make multiple FD(s) of smaller amounts. FD(s) are also counted for there targets.

Once your job is done, break your FD (if you want to) - safest bet without blocking your amount or without doing unnecessary investments.

that's great. Do you not think my dad's A/C will also be eligible for the same if we go through RM path?

5+ on Regalia +10 L+ FDs + Preferred status + 5 + years of bank relationship + CC since 1998??
Yes, why not if your RM willing to push your application to his seniors and get approval.

ULIP Plans are not worth for anything.

Counter her offer with different investment options, the only useful ones:
1. Term Plan (If you dont have one already)
2. Health Insurance (If you dont have one already)

Eventually, the best output is making high value FD. Suggest that you can make FD of 10 lks+ or even make multiple FD(s) of smaller amounts. FD(s) are also counted for there targets.

Once your job is done, break your FD (if you want to) - safest bet without blocking your amount or without doing unnecessary investments.
10 lakh+ fds already there. Preferred customer. Any chances we can get Diner black metal?

Although my dad know regional manager and all of Hdfc, but don't want to take that route and go directly through RM

10 lakh+ fds already there. Preferred customer. Any chances we can get Diner black metal?

Although my dad know regional manager and all of Hdfc, but don't want to take that route and go directly through RM
reach out to them, your rm will not do it easily. if they have some hold they might even help get you an infinia

Ok bro. I think with reach and relationship with HDFC seniors, we can easily get Infinia too. Thanks for replying. Any other leads would be highly appreciated.
I am taking route of RM (My RM is also BM). I have 2 family banking group, both Imperia in branch, Here are my steps:
1. Last week HDFC organised a health camp and My entire family was invited, My father was chief guest.
2. I was introduced by BM to Cluster Head and while talking he asked me about bank services.
3. I told him that everything is very good but bank is not upgrading my credit card which hold since last 4 years. I want DCBM LTF Or Infinia LTF
4. Cluster head asked me send an email to RM and instructed BM to send that email for approval.
5. I have Millennia card with 2.7 L limit.
6. I sent the mail to RM (Basically BM) and BM forwarded to Cluster head.
7. Yesterday while talking BM he told me that LTF is very hard but we are trying to get approval from Reasional Head and then some divisional head. He also told that FYF DCBM can be approved by Reasional Head but for LTF I have to wait for higher approval.

Let's see what happens. If I get the card will update here.
But I don't want to get the FYF version.

PS: HDFC is not giving infinna on FD basis and have more restriction on both cards.
ULIP is not a guarantee to get the both card in these days. It's only a trick used by bank employees to fulfill target and forward email from RM to BM to Cluster Head, that's it.

I am taking route of RM (My RM is also BM). I have 2 family banking group, both Imperia in branch, Here are my steps:
1. Last week HDFC organised a health camp and My entire family was invited, My father was chief guest.
2. I was introduced by BM to Cluster Head and while talking he asked me about bank services.
3. I told him that everything is very good but bank is not upgrading my credit card which hold since last 4 years. I want DCBM LTF Or Infinia LTF
4. Cluster head asked me send an email to RM and instructed BM to send that email for approval.
5. I have Millennia card with 2.7 L limit.
6. I sent the mail to RM (Basically BM) and BM forwarded to Cluster head.
7. Yesterday while talking BM he told me that LTF is very hard but we are trying to get approval from Reasional Head and then some divisional head. He also told that FYF DCBM can be approved by Reasional Head but for LTF I have to wait for higher approval.

Let's see what happens. If I get the card will update here.
But I don't want to get the FYF version.

PS: HDFC is not giving infinna on FD basis and have more restriction on both cards.
ULIP is not a guarantee to get the both card in these days. It's only a trick used by bank employees to fulfill target and forward email from RM to BM to Cluster Head, that's it.
👍🏽 Nice . .

Back