• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB LTF Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

dilbwagsingh

TF Buzz
I am currently having a decent relationship with HDFC bank. Had been maintaining quite a lot of balance in my savings account. I had previously tried getting DCB Metal as LTF but was refused straight up by the RM. Only recently when I started moving that money out to my SBI account and not maintain such high balance anymore my RM offered me a LTF DCB Metal upgrade over my regalia. But she is insisting me on purchasing a ULIP plan (HDFC life smart protect plan) which has a 5 year lock-in and premium she is insisting on is more than 1 lakh per annum. I did counter her saying I can work with a single time premium payment option plan (HDFC life insurance sampoorn nivesh) but not with a policy where I have to keep paying premiums for the coming 5 years. To which her reply is single time payment option plans will not be useful for your case escalation for DCB LTF.

My questions are -
1. What options do I have to better negotiate my case? Will taking directly to a branch manager work out better?
2. Are ULIP plans even worth it for getting a DCB Metal LTF? (P.S. - Already asked for Infinia LTF in return of the ULIP purchase but they said it is not possible)
3. Would moving towards 0 balance work out i.e moving all my money to SBI?

My dad's holding regalia with 5+ limit, preferred status. 10 lk+ Fd in hdfc..holding account and cc since more than 5+ years. What's in it for him??

Need dcb tho
My man, my dad and mom have 20lk+ FDs and their account got degraded to basic one from preferred. These guys have been trying since a year to make it preferred once again.

If we include my account we satisfy imperia, so frustrated at how HDFC treats existing customers.

My man, my dad and mom have 20lk+ FDs and their account got degraded to basic one from preferred. These guys have been trying since a year to make it preferred once again.

If we include my account we satisfy imperia, so frustrated at how HDFC treats existing customers.
How on earth did it get degraded to a "basic" account? The TRV required for Preferred is 15L which is less than the 20L your parents have. Are your parents' fixed deposits in HDFC Bank or HDFC Limited? HDFC Limited has merged with HDFC Bank, but the old deposits will come into HDFC Bank only at the time of renewal. I'm not sure they are counted in the TRV, but you won't see them in the bank until you have renewed them
Also, how did it get downgraded from Preferred to Basic? It should have gone to Classic. You should directly write to the nodal officer if the BM is denying an immediate upgrade to Preferred

Last edited:
How on earth did it get degraded to a "basic" account? The TRV required for Preferred is 15L which is less than the 20L your parents have. Are your parents' fixed deposits in HDFC Bank or HDFC Limited? HDFC Limited has merged with HDFC Bank, but the old deposits will come into HDFC Bank only at the time of renewal. I'm not sure they are counted in the TRV, but you won't see them in the bank until you have renewed them
Also, how did it get downgraded from Preferred to Basic? It should have gone to Classic. You should directly write to the nodal officer if the BM is denying an immediate upgrade to Preferred
The BM was also quoting something along these lines that after merger there is some issue in records. But they haven't been able to fix it since then, I feel he just says and doesn't look later into this.

I also am not sure why it went to basic, they were charged platinum dc fees also which rm reversed. Personally my dad hated asking him to reverse the fees since it should've not been there in first place.

I even talked to group/cluster head whose contact we had earlier but no use.

We did threaten them if moving all deposits and last time rm took some signatures and asked for a month time, I'm thinking of writing mail to pno if this time it's not resolved.

Just write a mail to grievance redressal. It will be sorted out.

Bhai, same account me kra lo, alag alag me kraane kya reason hai. I fu do fd in same and then ask for imperia they will give

Back