• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus on Gpay Tap and Pay

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have any of you tried adding your Magnus on GPay? It shows up as "Please Contact Your Bank **** 9876" rather than "Axis Bank **** 9876”.

Interestingly, their Burgundy Debit card shows up fine. I would have added screenshots but Android stops you since it contains sensitive data.

How incompetent really is Axis Bank?

ujjawal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have any of you tried adding your Magnus on GPay? It shows up as "Please Contact Your Bank **** 9876" rather than "Axis Bank **** 9876”.

Interestingly, their Burgundy Debit card shows up fine. I would have added screenshots but Android stops you since it contains sensitive data.

How incompetent really is Axis Bank?
Yes, it show like that only but you can use it to make payment

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If your phone has NFC support and Gpay can actually use that NFC then you can tap and pay at POS machines

Personally never used it as i don't have any supported card and now i've switched to ios so not having that feature anyway
Thank You, but then again my original question " will gpay tap and pay work on pos machines if i've disabled contactless payments on my card?"

TF Ace
TF Family
What about Gpay tap and pay? That doesn't work on POS machines?
Tap to pay through Gpay works On NFC enabled POS machines. That's how I use my cards primarily.
Follow up question- do we need to enable contactless payments on card to pay using tap and pay in gpay?
Yes, you need to enable Tap to Pay payment from card app/website. These payments are considered as in-store POS transactions though done through Gpay. But a lot safer and no hassle to carry card! :)