• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus Vs Eterna

MithileshNic

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey Guys,

I own an Axis Magnus credit card. Is it worth going for BoB Eterna? My monthly spends on credit cards are around 80-90k?

Thanks for your help.
Mithilesh

Solution
Hey Guys, I own an Axis Magnus credit card. Is it worth going for BoB Eterna? My monthly spends on credit cards are around 80-90k? Thanks for your help. Mithilesh
I, specifically won't compare both in terms of the benefits being offered. Eterna is your thing only and only when your "online" spend is approx 42k monthly. It'll give you monthly 5000 bonus points as well as will fulfill yearly milestone of 5L for 5k INR worth of points

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Talking about just the base reward rate (and not benefits like lounge accesses), magnus reward rate is good only when you spend 1L a month. There isn't much to gain if you spend a lot more than 1L and is kinda worthless if you spend less than 1L a month. That 1L is it's sweet spot. Similarly, the eterna has a sweet spot of something around 30-40k a month. Not much to gain after that.

So maybe both the cards aren't right for you.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hey Guys, I own an Axis Magnus credit card. Is it worth going for BoB Eterna? My monthly spends on credit cards are around 80-90k? Thanks for your help. Mithilesh
I, specifically won't compare both in terms of the benefits being offered. Eterna is your thing only and only when your "online" spend is approx 42k monthly. It'll give you monthly 5000 bonus points as well as will fulfill yearly milestone of 5L for 5k INR worth of points

Solution

MithileshNic

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Talking about just the base reward rate (and not benefits like lounge accesses), magnus reward rate is good only when you spend 1L a month. There isn't much to gain if you spend a lot more than 1L and is kinda worthless if you spend less than 1L a month. That 1L is it's sweet spot. Similarly, the eterna has a sweet spot of something around 30-40k a month. Not much to gain after that.

So maybe both the cards aren't right for you.
What would be a good card for me then? I have HDFC DCB but it is not accepted everywhere like Visa or Mastercard are

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes. A lot of offline merchants don’t accept Diner’s Club. A few online merchants also don’t accept Diners Club. So you cannot have DCB as your only card. Another Visa/Mastercard is needed
I don't know when did you try but so far here in Kolkata I received rejection only in less than 2% cases for DCB.
All the Major Bank's POS, Pine Labs machines accept DCB.

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For your use case & imo, probably neither. Eterna has a sweet spot of 42k monthly online spends & Magnus has the sweet spot for 1L monthly spends & better travel rewards. Not sure either would provide the best, optimized value.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Hey Guys,

I own an Axis Magnus credit card. Is it worth going for BoB Eterna? My monthly spends on credit cards are around 80-90k?

Thanks for your help.
Mithilesh
If you could break down your spendings it would be easier to suggest for someone.

Like there are different cards that give benefit on different things. Also try upgrading DCB to infinia if you get the chance.

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For all LTF CCs which has a good sweetness spot for 40K monthly spends?
The usual popular ones are the good ones I feel. Axis Ace/Flipkart/Zomato Edition/Amazon ICICI.

If one is spending 40k monthly on that 1 card (offline + offline) then most of these get fee waived anyways & Ace then is probably the best all purpose card. Flat 2% or more CB with the usual fuel/rent/wallet type exceptions. Others depend on which platform once uses more.. Personally I like Zomato Edition as one of my more favourite LTFs. No restrictions on cashback on any type of spend + the 10% birthday offer.. but 1% on offline & CB is thru edition cash. These are my preferences though.. Ace & Edition.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
The usual popular ones are the good ones I feel. Axis Ace/Flipkart/Zomato Edition/Amazon ICICI.

If one is spending 40k monthly on that 1 card (offline + offline) then most of these get fee waived anyways & Ace then is probably the best all purpose card. Flat 2% or more CB with the usual fuel/rent/wallet type exceptions. Others depend on which platform once uses more.. Personally I like Zomato Edition as one of my more favourite LTFs. No restrictions on cashback on any type of spend + the 10% birthday offer.. but 1% on offline & CB is thru edition cash. These are my preferences though.. Ace & Edition.
You will also like HDFC millennia.

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You will also like HDFC millennia.
Yes, indeed. But with Ace & Edition already held by me & other cards offering similar benefits, I would rather try aim / suggest holding an HDFC premium card instead of a cashback card.. especially with their 1 card policy.
Eg - for Axis atleast one can hold a Magnus/Atlas/Vistara type card besides an Ace/Flipkart one.. so thats why.. But yeah for someone not looking at a diverse set of cards or looking for 1 primary one, then HDFC Millenia is a very good choice too.

oshan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Credit Card Expert
unless you are in the business of credit card rewards there is no need for eternia
However if you are into fitness, eternia offers 6 month free Fitpass which gives you access to 1000s of gyms, activities and swimming
I used it extensively for 6 months, also bob cards have more offers online than axis