• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Make money through Credit Cards - Yaper + Cred Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

metacoder

TF Buzz
This isn't new because you've got apps like Yaper that help you reach milestones.

But, let me show you how to take this a step further using Yaper, Cred Mint and HDFC BillPay.

I ordered two iPhones on Yaper and got back Rs. 1L cash in my account in return.

I had approximately 35 days to pay it back. So, I decided I could put it to use with Cred Mint and get 9% interest.

I take this further by using HDFC BillPay using my HDFC Platinum Debit Card and get back 1% cashback (I have 2 accounts).

So total returns I made:
Cash reward from Yaper - 500 * 2 = Rs. 1000
Cred Mint @ 9% = Rs. 740 (30 day interest)
Reward Points @ 1% = Rs. 1000

Total Cash in Hand = Rs. 2740 + Reward Milestones/Points

I like Cred Mint because it's easy to withdraw money from the App. It does take a few days, so I don't cut it close to the Credit Card Bill due date.

Last edited:

metacoder

TF Buzz
It won't show in CIBIL I guess
Btw how much interest do they charge from the borrower if they offer just 9% to the lender?
They’re taking 11.49% from me but I’m sure they’ll charge some other rate from someone else. Probably beta testing this figure.

I read the FAQs and it seems it does affect your CIBIL score. As per CRED FAQs, your score is positively affected if you make payments on time.

Attachments

• 0E06B2E0-2718-4600-97BA-EB60AD2F51FF.png
    0E06B2E0-2718-4600-97BA-EB60AD2F51FF.png
    267.9 KB · Views: 35

metacoder

TF Buzz
Problem isn't just whom cred is lending to, its a cred itself. Normal savings a/c or banking investment has insurance of 5 lacs.

There is no insurance for cred flunking you. Like stockmarket, play with money you can afford to lose, not with what you will need to pay bills.
You’re absolutely right about this. There’s definitely a risk if someone fails to pay their principal.

metacoder

TF Buzz
Can someone explain me this paradox if someone has good credit score why the hell he will go for loan from cred
It is definitely a paradox because CRED requires your score to be above 750 I’m guessing.

I guess the interest rate they offer is low. I’m being offered 11.49% which is probably much lower than other personal loans. Also, according to them they don’t affect your credit score directly. Attaching the screenshot from the FAQs.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s always a risk associated with p2p lending. But I haven’t heard bad things about CRED until now, but I’m cautious.

Attachments

• BAAE6349-BF57-4419-B805-F51BD7107032.jpeg
    BAAE6349-BF57-4419-B805-F51BD7107032.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 14

prati086

TF Buzz
I was trying to order through Yaper using my credit card for someone on Flipkart
But the Flipkart app is showing Delivery Address as my Address
Do the app works in that manner or the delivery address should be others

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I was trying to order through Yaper using my credit card for someone on Flipkart
But the Flipkart app is showing Delivery Address as my Address
Do the app works in that manner or the delivery address should be others
No... U have to select add address... The new address will get autofilled... While ordering.. Mobile nukber you have to give your own... As yaper dont share customers number

prati086

TF Buzz
Ok thanks and is the app genuine and verified as I have not seen any feedback on Play Store after June 2022 and Yaper YouTube channel is also not updated from few months

zealot

TF Premier
I tried an order from yaper through Flipkart, however the order got cancelled and was informed that it was cancelled because as per purchase history, it does not seem to be intended for personal use!! Does it happen with others too?? It was my 1st order on Yaper!
Yeah, Flipkart do these things, so don't use your personal Flipkart account for this. If you have any secondary numbers, make a new account and use it for yaper.

CC_Fetish

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I tried an order from yaper through Flipkart, however the order got cancelled and was informed that it was cancelled because as per purchase history, it does not seem to be intended for personal use!! Does it happen with others too?? It was my 1st order on Yaper!
Hey I also just processed my 1st order on Yaper yestd. Now I got a msg it is cancelled by seller (on Flipkart) as was out of stock. But it is in stock so i placed the order again. Lets see.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yeah I used alternate Flipkart account only.... so how to avoid such cancellations??
The address might have been blacklisted by Flipkart, so it doesn't depend on your account status.. Usually such cancellations can be avoided by adding random extra words in the address, but idk if that's okay with Yaper policy

Status
Not open for further replies.