• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MARQUEE Credit Card - Beware of Scams (I Got Tricked)

wncjs

TF Buzz
If you want you can follow what I did.

I will give number, she will agree to give LTF Marquee. She cheated @BucksBunny88888888 . I tried testing her and she was ready to scam me with LTF.

You can also try the same & stay strong for LTF Marquee.
Can you dm me her number please? I'll take an attempt at getting Marquee from her. I have Yes bank account too, so might actually end up getting it as LTF as well. @vijay.vj

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Can you dm me her number please? I'll take an attempt at getting Marquee from her. I have Yes bank account too, so might actually end up getting it as LTF as well. @vijay.vj
Done, good luck :)

Looks like 3rd party initiated FIR on her, really don't think she will do anything now.
Should have get it done before my RBI complaint, she would have happily given you LTF Marquee.

Last edited:

wncjs

TF Buzz
My main worry is can these guys not mis-use with our aadhaar and pan & other kyc information, when they are processing such scam applications? @vijay.vj @SSV

Did the agent have a proper yes bank email id?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My main worry is can these guys not mis-use with our aadhaar and pan & other kyc information, when they are processing such scam applications? @vijay.vj @SSV

Did the agent have a proper yes bank email id?
they can do anything .. if they are doing these kind of frauds..
Personally I would not go for these choices..

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Yeah so even numbers are risky right? They will know our pan, name, aadhaar, dob etc everything. Most of that is what's needed for verifying records
Just shared phone number and PAN, thats all I guess...

But I'm normally more worried about photocopy shops and printout shops of misusing our KYC docs... Cant really do anything other then to purchase a photocopy machine I guess, lol

wncjs

TF Buzz
Just shared phone number and PAN, thats all I guess...

But I'm normally more worried about photocopy shops and printout shops of misusing our KYC docs... Cant really do anything other then to purchase a photocopy machine I guess, lol
They didn't ask for aadhaar for processing cc application?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
They didn't ask for aadhaar for processing cc application?
Just PAN, email ID and mobile no.... rest everything she got it herself & wanted me to confirm which address I want to use for home and office. Seems like they fetched it from CIBIL report.

You have to give consent for CIBIL check, you will receive SMS with link where you will have to enter OTP.
Then one more link for terms and conditions, to validate card and details.

Thats all

wncjs

TF Buzz
Just PAN, email ID and mobile no.... rest everything she got it herself & wanted me to confirm which address I want to use for home and office. Seems like they fetched it from CIBIL report.

You have to give consent for CIBIL check, you will receive SMS with link where you will have to enter OTP.
Then one more link for terms and conditions, to validate card and details.

Thats all
Both CIBIL check link and terms and conditions link were from official yes bank link? Or was the cibil check link of some third party like paisabazaar etc?

Did you check with her by chance if she has any yes bank email id? Like is she even legit yes bank employee or she's some third party associated with many banks? Like to share details with her over email rather than over whatsapp. Email adds to some more proof generally that's why.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Both CIBIL check link and terms and conditions link were from official yes bank link? Or was the cibil check link of some third party like paisabazaar etc?

Did you check with her by chance if she has any yes bank email id? Like is she even legit yes bank employee or she's some third party associated with many banks? Like to share details with her over email rather than over whatsapp. Email adds to some more proof generally that's why.
If you are so worried, you should simply stay away and visit branch or apply online.

wncjs

TF Buzz
She is not shady, she was ready to do anything, I mean anything for our bro @BucksBunny88888888
Lol, precisely the kind of things better to be away from xD

I think this scheme is not suitable for you ..
You are too fragile for it.. Stay away...
It's not about fragile dude. I'm okay going forward with this, the problem really is that all identity is going to them. Most banks/financial institutions think about it what they ask for verification on call is your address/dob/pan at max. All they would have already. That's what struck me as more concerning. If sharing were possible to them on email, I'd have been okay with that. But sending such things over whatsapp it's just a forward game that they have to play - for doing any identity theft tomorrow. That's what is extremely shady. It's not about the agent persay. When things are sent on email, they are properly recorded by their employers as well and hence scrutiny automatically increases, no employer can record whatsapp chats.

If a legal complaint by the bank does happen against this executive tomorrow after the RBI complaints above, an automatic step could be to check for other chats on whatsapp etc - and hence I might also be exposed indirectly even though not gotten any card so far. That's 2x negative lol, no card as well as unnecessary got pulled into her complaint mess. xD

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Lol, precisely the kind of things better to be away from xD

It's not about fragile dude. I'm okay going forward with this, the problem really is that all identity is going to them. Most banks/financial institutions think about it what they ask for verification on call is your address/dob/pan at max. All they would have already. That's what struck me as more concerning. If sharing were possible to them on email, I'd have been okay with that. But sending such things over whatsapp it's just a forward game that they have to play - for doing any identity theft tomorrow. That's what is extremely shady. It's not about the agent persay. When things are sent on email, they are properly recorded by their employers as well and hence scrutiny automatically increases, no employer can record whatsapp chats.

If a legal complaint by the bank does happen against this executive tomorrow after the RBI complaints above, an automatic step could be to check for other chats on whatsapp etc - and hence I might also be exposed indirectly even though not gotten any card so far. That's 2x negative lol, no card as well as unnecessary got pulled into her complaint mess. xD
I was only making some fun... anyway its not recommended to deal with someone who is doing frauds intentionally.. that was my point..
However, some people do risk playing with fire.. that a different story..