• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Marriot Account Hacked , Pointes stolen.

anks7

TF Neo
I wanted to share a hacking incident that happened to me in the first week of January this year.

Somebody hacked into my Marriott account and used my points (~70K) to book a hotel in Eastern Europe. They first changed the email address associated with my Marriott account and then made the booking, so I didn't receive any email notification for the booking. I discovered the unauthorized use of my points by chance while browsing the Marriott app on my phone and noticed the reduced points balance. The person's stay was still active when I reported the issue to Marriott's support center.

Now, coming to the more concerning part—it's been almost five months since I reported the issue, and the so-called audit team at Marriott is still looking into it. My account remains frozen. Additionally, the replies from the Marriott support team have been borderline arrogant, showing virtually no concern for customer distress. Moreover, I was Gold elite member when that incident happened.
Attaching replies from last 2 emails.

Please share if there are other ways to get my points back. Any escalation email or contact number or Twitter handle.

Thanks
Ankit

Attachments

• recent_email.png
    recent_email.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 51
  • email_1.png
    email_1.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 51
I wanted to share a hacking incident that happened to me in the first week of January this year.

Somebody hacked into my Marriott account and used my points (~70K) to book a hotel in Eastern Europe. They first changed the email address associated with my Marriott account and then made the booking, so I didn't receive any email notification for the booking. I discovered the unauthorized use of my points by chance while browsing the Marriott app on my phone and noticed the reduced points balance. The person's stay was still active when I reported the issue to Marriott's support center.

Now, coming to the more concerning part—it's been almost five months since I reported the issue, and the so-called audit team at Marriott is still looking into it. My account remains frozen. Additionally, the replies from the Marriott support team have been borderline arrogant, showing virtually no concern for customer distress. Moreover, I was Gold elite member when that incident happened.
Attaching replies from last 2 emails.

Please share if there are other ways to get my points back. Any escalation email or contact number or Twitter handle.

Thanks
Ankit
Ekdam sahi hua.

Why would you say that 🧐
There's really trashy members in this community.

As for Marriot you're stuck. These cases are rampant, if they had access to your account means they could have changed your email, security questions and so on... Get a PIN lock if you retain your account, that should make sure it doesn't happen again.

Also they'll not remove the audit from your account until they're done investigating and from the looks of it someone screwed up. There's security protocols for reservations and most likely someone slipped as they were able to stay without you being present, unless mobile keys were used.

Don't reuse passwords anywhere. A data leak with your email and password from elsewhere could have led to this.

Back