• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Maximize chances of Getting SBI Cashback

cowcoconut

TF Premier
Hey,
Me and a lot of my batchmates applied for SBI cashback in the past 3-4 months (since it's a really good card) and we've noticed some common patterns. All of us who got the card approved had the following:
- Zero or one CIBIL enquiry in the past 3 months
- CIBIL score above 770
- No history of missing payments
- More than 6 months of credit history

Most of us have an exisiting relationship (salary account/FD/RD) with SBI but not all of us have it. Those of my friends that got rejection had either a few cibil enquiries recently or had a lower cibil score. All of us don't have a whole lot of credit cards in our names (unlike the average tf user :grinning-squinting-face:) so I cannot say anything about current total credit limit etc.
I thought I'd share here and discuss. If anyone has gotten a card without these criteria please share.

Zero or one CIBIL enquiry in the past 3 months - I had 3
CIBIL score above 770- ✅
No history of missing payments- 20 Missed payments
More than 6 months of credit history- ✅
Interesting. A friend of mine had 780+ cibil, good credit history etc and he still got reject. We were thinking it was because of his past CIBIL enquiries
I guess sbi internal criteria is flipping a coin.

Now that I think about it, nobody in this community will get SBI cashback if "Zero or one CIBIL enquiry in the past 3 months" is a criteria :grinning-squinting-face:
Mehenat karni padti hai... khudko apply karne se rokna padta hai :ROFLMAO:

I was able to get the card (first sbi cc) with 2.18L limit (2nd/joint saving account holder in sbi as well, not that it matters)

Zero or one CIBIL enquiry in the past 3 months - ✅
CIBIL score above 770- ✅
No history of missing payments- ✅
More than 6 months of credit history- ✅

Back