• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Merge 2 Axis bank customer IDs

card_monarch

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have 2 Axis bank customer IDs.
The first one is linked to an old Axis Saving Bank account (which is inoperative now and cannot be activated). This customer ID due to this reason is inactive. And I don't have internet banking access for this ID.

My Magnus card was issued with a new Customer ID.

Now I am unable to register my Credit Card for internet banking (not mobile app which I can access). As per nodal officer, my two IDs are linked somehow in the system, and since one is inactive, I cannot login.. They don't know how to merge them too.

Anyone else had such experience or can advise how to get it resolved and get them merged? Thanks.

Simple visit branch and submit CIF merger form it will be done in two working days
Don't waste time in speaking to CC
I tried it in the branch where I have the savings account.. they couldn't help. They took a request to merge them, but it didn't happen.. And they know nothing. Even nodal officer is useless.

I tried it in the branch where I have the savings account.. they couldn't help. They took a request to merge them, but it didn't happen.. And they know nothing. Even nodal officer is useless.
I got the issue.. to merge the CIF you have to have PAN,DOB and address should be same in both customer ID if any of the them incorrect first they have to correct to merge..

Going through same issue combined with reward points.

Summary

1. I have 2 axis cards including magnus. Opened a liberty savings account. That created a new customer ID. I requested for retaining old ID considering bonus and milestone points crediting. But branch said only option is using Savings customer ID. They merged, brought back points, deactivated other, but as expected every month bonus points from 3 month back started crediting in previous ID. Then I need to call and request for manual reconciliation.

Adding extra trouble, axis back end teams have a habit if restoring backups/ their db migration script is not handling customerID mapping.

When Credit Policy Changed on March , cards jumped back yo previous ID.

When applied for an Add-on card for my account , it jumped to previous customer ID

When an add-on card issued to me from wife's account, it jumped back again.

When I shifted bank Branch It is jumped again

In all these cases deactivated previous customer ID became active again (but login disabled)

The core of the issue seems to be they are not moving accounts , but mapping it with account and branch with some cluster ID mechanism which is unreliable

Now I escalated it to MD desk and they are looking into this for a permanent resolution

I applied for an add-on card for my wife who had an axis account in 2017 before she got married. The account is closed now but the customer ID has my wife’s old name against her pan. Now axis bank is saying that I need to change the name in the old customer ID of my wife to get an add-on card for her. I give the request to the branch and it’s been a month but they have not updated it and now they say that I may have to give a gazette for the name change. Don’t know what to do. I also enquired at a couple of other axis bank branches but most of them don’t know how to update the customer ID of a closed account.

Had the same issue. I closed my Axis saving account years ago and then got Magnus and VI. so for a month couldn’t log in my Axis app. I did nothing but kept following up with the customer care and then finally mailed the PNO. It took them around 10 days and then they deleted the old ID.

Last edited:
Going through same issue combined with reward points.

Summary

1. I have 2 axis cards including magnus. Opened a liberty savings account. That created a new customer ID. I requested for retaining old ID considering bonus and milestone points crediting. But branch said only option is using Savings customer ID. They merged, brought back points, deactivated other, but as expected every month bonus points from 3 month back started crediting in previous ID. Then I need to call and request for manual reconciliation.

Adding extra trouble, axis back end teams have a habit if restoring backups/ their db migration script is not handling customerID mapping.

When Credit Policy Changed on March , cards jumped back yo previous ID.

When applied for an Add-on card for my account , it jumped to previous customer ID

When an add-on card issued to me from wife's account, it jumped back again.

When I shifted bank Branch It is jumped again

In all these cases deactivated previous customer ID became active again (but login disabled)

The core of the issue seems to be they are not moving accounts , but mapping it with account and branch with some cluster ID mechanism which is unreliable

Now I escalated it to MD desk and they are looking into this for a permanent resolution
Still Not resolved fully .
But one learning shared by Bank is A magnus holder cant be addon card holder of another magnus . This is interesting

It will be interesting to see what happens when all those citi customers are onboarded. those with old customer IDs , those with existing axis credit cards .. might get potentially hit..

It will be interesting to see what happens when all those citi customers are onboarded. those with old customer IDs , those with existing axis credit cards .. might get potentially hit..
Yeah, lets see what happens. I have 3 axis cards, 1 axis savings account, 1 citi card, and 2 citibank accounts (one savings and one current). My citi current account was migrated to axis with a new customer id on April 1st. The old citi current account continues to work for domestic transactions, but for foreign transactions, only new axis account is to be used.

My issues got sorted out by MD Desk. They cancelled the Addon card saying a magnus holder cant be addon holder for another Magnus (Wife's). Moved all points and took responsibility for moving all future bonus points in Old ID to the new ID . Hope it will not jump again

wow .. imagine an organisation needing the intervention of the MD's office :-|
But i guess there are tons of organization that are like this... why should Axis be any different (the pessimist in me says so)..?

My issues got sorted out by MD Desk. They cancelled the Addon card saying a magnus holder cant be addon holder for another Magnus (Wife's). Moved all points and took responsibility for moving all future bonus points in Old ID to the new ID . Hope it will not jump again
having same issue just mailed MD desk.. can u tell when they credited the points in new id did it also show point credit history or only points transfer ? asking this in case if i have to check any missing gyftr points.

also do we have to again link transfer partner ids in order to transfer points or the already linked will work ?

Back