• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia DC vs. Millennia CC benefits

Trust Me

TF Legend
Couldn't find this topic discussed anywhere on search, so putting my query in a new thread.

What are the basic differences in benefits of the Millennia debit card as opposed to those of the Millennia credit card? I'm not talking about the maximum entitlement per month, redemption rules and such, -- those can be found easily enough.

I'm confused about the 5% cashback benefits from SmartBuy and PayZapp, for example. The Millennia Credit card rules clearly specify a number of vendors (including Amazon and Flipkart) who provide this 5% cashback benefit.

However, the Millennia Debit card rules are non-committal, just promising 5% unspecified cashback at SmartBuy and PayZapp! When queried, the HDFC Customer service was also non-committal, just pointing me to the SmartBuy T&C page which doesn't even mention the Millennia Debit card, so it must be clubbed with the non-specific 'other debit cards'!

If there are no differentiating benefits over 'other debit cards', then why even hype up the '5% cashback at SmartBuy and PayZapp' for the Millennia debit card?! Just marketing?
Anybody knows? Thanks.

Back