• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Minimum Jio recharge to receive OTP

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Okay, I shouldn't boast, but the Jio number that I got in back 2016 is still active, and just lying around. :ROFLMAO:
It must have been inserted in the phone periodically, right? My dad had two Jio numbers from 2016 too, which were left unused for about 2 years. No recharges, and not inserted into any phone for 2 years. They both got permanently deactivated.

vega

TF Premier
It must have been inserted in the phone periodically, right? My dad had two Jio numbers from 2016 too, which were left unused for about 2 years. No recharges, and not inserted into any phone for 2 years. They both got permanently deactivated.
Yes, I insert that now and then just to check.

MrJJ

TF Premier
According to rules if you recharge with minimum ₹100 in 90 days period companies cannot deactivate your number. After 90 days different companies have different time period for deactivation.
Among all airtel deactivates first. Then comes Vi, after that BSNL and last Jio.
So Jio is your best shot to keep your number active for longest period with minimum recharge.
In my experience Jio also calls you (from local mobile number) to inform you that your number will deactivate permanently, before 2 days.

Airtel - Incoming and OTPs stop after 7 days of plan expiration.
Vi - Same 7 days
BSNL - Same 7 days
Jio - Never stops incoming or OTPs until deactivation.

knight

TF Ace
According to rules if you recharge with minimum ₹100 in 90 days period companies cannot deactivate your number. After 90 days different companies have different time period for deactivation.
Among all airtel deactivates first. Then comes Vi, after that BSNL and last Jio.
So Jio is your best shot to keep your number active for longest period with minimum recharge.
In my experience Jio also calls you (from local mobile number) to inform you that your number will deactivate permanently, before 2 days.

Airtel - Incoming and OTPs stop after 7 days of plan expiration.
Vi - Same 7 days
BSNL - Same 7 days
Jio - Never stops incoming or OTPs until deactivation.
I'm unsure about the 90-day rule, because airtel says they'll stop service in 7 days after recharge expires.

Jio follows 90 days policy, but they'll call you often and say we'll deactivate your number today.. so it's hard to say when is the actual final call.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have a Jio and a VI number. Previously, VI did not use to block OTPs after recharge got over, but now they are doing it immediately. Are any other VI users here who are having the same issues? Thinking to port to different service, but not sure which one..

MrJJ

TF Premier
I have a Jio and a VI number. Previously, VI did not use to block OTPs after recharge got over, but now they are doing it immediately. Are any other VI users here who are having the same issues? Thinking to port to different service, but not sure which one..
It's not an issue, it's intentional. As I mentioned earlier except jio every other operator is doing this.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi, I've a secondary Jio number I use only for receiving calls and messages. However since last few days, call are getting received, but messages are not. Hence, I'm not able to receive any OTPs as well. If I try any top up recharge in GPay like 20-30Rs, it gives an error saying Plan is invalid or outdated, please select a valid plan, maybe because of not recharging the sim for a long time

Can someone tell what minimum recharge I can do to receive only messages and calls? Thanks
395 (3 month ) with friday rupay offer 315 i guess