• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Minimum Jio recharge to receive OTP

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hi, I've a secondary Jio number I use only for receiving calls and messages. However since last few days, call are getting received, but messages are not. Hence, I'm not able to receive any OTPs as well. If I try any top up recharge in GPay like 20-30Rs, it gives an error saying Plan is invalid or outdated, please select a valid plan, maybe because of not recharging the sim for a long time

Can someone tell what minimum recharge I can do to receive only messages and calls? Thanks

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For how many days you didn't recharge? I heard for Jio, incoming calls, and msg keep coming till the no is active even though recharge is not done
Hi, I've a secondary Jio number I use only for receiving calls and messages. However since last few days, call are getting received, but messages are not. Hence, I'm not able to receive any OTPs as well. If I try any top up recharge in GPay like 20-30Rs, it gives an error saying Plan is invalid or outdated, please select a valid plan, maybe because of not recharging the sim for a long time

Can someone tell what minimum recharge I can do to receive only messages and calls? Thanks

ltf4ever

TF Ace

did you receive any sms from jio about your number being inactivated?

I think jio closes the number permanently if no transaction is done in it in 6 months.

Hisoka

TF Ace
This is very weird, when my mobile data is off and Wifi is on I'm not receiving any messages
But as soon as I turn off Wifi turn on Mobile data (no internet) then I'm getting messages. Maybe it's because of Wifi calling or signal reception, but for now it'll do the job for me!

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I haven't recharge my jio for just 15days, they repeat call me ask me to recharge.. and say my no will be blocked.

Anyone facing same issues?

cardex

TF Premier
Haven't recharged for 3+ yeare and also blocled that jio call starting with +014. My no. is active and using it for incoming calls and sms. Inbetween these years I did one recharge of 10rs top-up even though its invalid without a ongoing big plan.
Sincre CRED doesn't allow to change mobile number, I will have to keep that number alive since I use CRED cash.
As you mentioned will rs 10 recharge do the trick after 179 recharge expired?

How frequently need to recharge?

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
Sincre CRED doesn't allow to change mobile number, I will have to keep that number alive since I use CRED cash.
As you mentioned will rs 10 recharge do the trick after 179 recharge expired?

How frequently need to recharge?
I don't know how that happened maybe right time right glitch coincidence. In entirety of those years I only did that 10rs recharge once and never picked warning call and that number have stayed active ever since.

I'm not touching (recharging) it again ever, or else it may undo the glitch.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
So, as of December 2023, does anybody know how long Jio takes to block incoming SMS completely without an active pack?

I used to recharge one of my Jio numbers with the ₹395 pack, but used that number very rarely. I realised that it's an wastage of ~₹1600 for a year. So, I don't plan to recharge it often.

So, as of December 2023, does anybody know how long Jio takes to block incoming SMS completely without an active pack?

I used to recharge one of my Jio numbers with the ₹395 pack, but used that number very rarely. I realised that it's an wastage of ~₹1600 for a year. So, I don't plan to recharge it often.
Nice profile pic you have there,
coming back to your question - dont recharge for 1 year and next year we’ll meet again on the same spot continuing our conversation
i have a jio sim not recharged for more than 2-3 yrs now and i dont care if the number gets permanently blocked
so lets see the max time allowed

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Nice profile pic you have there,
coming back to your question - dont recharge for 1 year and next year we’ll meet again on the same spot continuing our conversation
i have a jio sim not recharged for more than 2-3 yrs now and i dont care if the number gets permanently blocked
so lets see the max time allowed
But my question is, whether you're getting SMS on it or not? That's what matters the most to me. 😛

Could you try visiting any site, like say Zee5, Hotstar, or any other site, and check whether it is getting OTP/SMS or not?