• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed a payment on Gold Charge Card

0xShailesh

TF Select
So i made a partial payment on my gold charge card.

I though i paid in full, but did not. A relative passed away, was not in the right state of mind.

Got to know about this roughly after new statement generation.

Amex blocked both my cards due to non-payment. Which was later activated automatically as i paid the new bill.

But they reported the late payment to all three bureaus.

is there a way to get this late payment removed? thanks.

All you can do is plead your case to Amex PNO. Get a few reply chains going and maybe they will do it as a one time gesture. Highly unlikely though.
Agree with this. Although, it is somewhat possible they will reverse fees/interest and remove late payment from credit report if this was your 1st missed payment. Just keep on trying, dont take no for an answer. Last option is to threaten them with card closure.

........ dont take no for an answer. Last option is to threaten them with card closure.

What an advice !

First mistake - taking a charge card

Next mistake - not reading T&Cs

Next mistake - not paying up fully

Next mistake - ignoring emails/SMSs

Good to see the realization of the mistake - After - the damage is done

Try to do damage control. Minimize the loss n impact. Learn from the mistake n put in place fail proof methods to avoid such costly slippages in future. That's logical n correct approach to take....

Instead of doing that - where is the need for taking such a negative stance in dealing with this particular situation - where - for once - the bank is not at fault ?

Avoid taking such guidance.

Last edited:
What an advice !

Try to do damage control. Minimize the loss n impact. Learn from the mistake n put in place fail proof methods to avoid such costly slippages in future. That's logical n correct approach to take....

Instead of doing that - where is the need for taking such a negative stance in dealing with this particular situation - where - for once - the bank is not at fault ?

Mistakes happen. Human nature. He may not be entitled to a waiver but can definitely ask for it from the bank. This is how I have seen people get waivers, so wanted to give him practical advice based on my experience.

I didn't see any advice in your comment (quoted below) other than saying "you're at fault, you didn't know your card", which he did not ask for and frankly does not help him.

It is NOT a CREDIT CARD.

But, a CHARGE CARD.

Needs to be paid in full before due date. No minimum or no EMIs.

So i made a partial payment on my gold charge card.

I though i paid in full, but did not. A relative passed away, was not in the right state of mind.

Got to know about this roughly after new statement generation.

Amex blocked both my cards due to non-payment. Which was later activated automatically as i paid the new bill.

But they reported the late payment to all three bureaus.

is there a way to get this late payment removed? thanks.
Apart from PSUs,all consider the first ever request, just try,they'll oblige I guess.

What an advice !

Very good advice we should be aware of it while taking card financial discipline should be main motive

Last edited:
Not the same thing but a payment of joining fee was missed on an SBI card in my family. Card received: 10 June. Statement date: 16 June. Card activation: around 2 AM on 16 June. Statement was generated but there was no SMS or email from bank until it was late. Was market 3 days late until it was realised. Can the negative mark on credit report by removed by any way?

In a pervious billing cycle (-July - August)I have paid fees to MRCc instead paying it to platinum travel. After knowing it Through email received after couple of days . I instantly realised and then paid the whole platinum travel’s Bill. And then contacted the customer care regarding the charges and reporting my late bill payment.

I have requested them not to reported to any agency, and also asked them not to charge any interest on late payment, they have said that they can’t do anything right now. You have to wait for the next month bill generation.

So as they said, I have waited, but till now, I have not been charged, and there is no late bill payment reporting in my CIBIL score.

In a pervious billing cycle (-July - August)I have paid fees to MRCc instead paying it to platinum travel. After knowing it Through email received after couple of days . I instantly realised and then paid the whole platinum travel’s Bill. And then contacted the customer care regarding the charges and reporting my late bill payment.

I have requested them not to reported to any agency, and also asked them not to charge any interest on late payment, they have said that they can’t do anything right now. You have to wait for the next month bill generation.

So as they said, I have waited, but till now, I have not been charged, and there is no late bill payment reporting in my CIBIL score.
With charge card or atleast the Plat Charge card, you get an additional bonus period of 5 days.

As long as the bills get cleared during this phase, no reporting is made to any authorities.

But as a loyal member, in case if of even further delays, reaching out to their support could help.
I believe as per the regulations, they're required by the law to report late payments but if there's anything they can do, I'm sure they would.

With charge card or atleast the Plat Charge card, you get an additional bonus period of 5 days.

As long as the bills get cleared during this phase, no reporting is made to any authorities.

But as a loyal member, in case if of even further delays, reaching out to their support could help.
I believe as per the regulations, they're required by the law to report late payments but if there's anything they can do, I'm sure they would.
Irrespective of regulations they can oblige basis of relationships.
Most banks do for the first time except PSUs & SBIcards.

Back