• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

vine

TF Premier
Great analysis. Reliance (Jio) colludes with the government to destroy entire telecom sector in India. They come in via back door without paying spectrum fees and then engage in predatory pricing for a year while the government looks the other way. Airtel barely survives. Now, you place the blame on Airtel.
Blame Airtel for what? 🤔
I applaud their business sense to pick up small timers at great prices. I would do the same.

jack333

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Scam kr diya Jio ne toh plan hata k
Sham tak tha ab hata diya. Jis ne 2999 karna hai kar lo kal tak shayad ye bhi na rahe🤣
Waise ab 395 aur 1559 ka koi fayda nahi tha unlimited 5g 2gb/day ya upar wale plans pe hi chalega

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does the 2999 plan in airtel include 5G data? @SSV

Using 4g sim currently. Don't want to stack up for 2 years and then lose 5g later.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Does the 2999 plan in airtel include 5G data? @SSV

Using 4g sim currently. Don't want to stack up for 2 years and then lose 5g later.
as of now they are giving 5g for free..
you are technically getting 4g data as part of the plan...
but when 4g is switched off they have to give you 5G data as part of the commitment..

I believe, no one knows exactly what happens..
I dont get stressed out on this at all ..

I will tell you a simple thing that many wont talk about..
Actually they will happily give 5 G data as part of this plan..
you know why , if they allow 5g data, the daily quota quckly finishes as compared to 4g data plan
hence we may need to buy more data.. this is massive for the companies..Just my speculation..
who knows.. I know nothing..
Just take it easy..
I might even stack up another year on Jio ie. 4 years top up...

Last edited:

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
you are technically getting 4g data only as part of the plan...
but when 4g is switched off they have to give you 5G data as part of the commitment..

I will tel you a simple thing that many wont talk about..
you know why , if they allow 5g data, the daily quota quckly finishes as compared to 4g data plan
hence we may need to buy more data.. this is massive for the companies..Just my speculation..
who knows.. I know nothing.. I may be wrong...
Just take it easy..
Just a bit off topic. What do you think postpaid plans will also have a price hike or not? And will unlimited 5g continue for postpaid users considering that they are already paying a premium from prepaid users.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just a bit off topic. What do you think postpaid plans will also have a price hike or not?
some sort of hike will be there to maitain the relativity.. but wont be as much hike as we see in the Prepaid..

And will unlimited 5g continue for postpaid users considering that they are already paying a premium from prepaid users.
They will .. 5g will continue , whether unlimited / limited have to see

Last edited:

James

TF Ace
Ppstpai
Just a bit off topic. What do you think postpaid plans will also have a price hike or not? And will unlimited 5g continue for postpaid users considering that they are already paying a premium from prepaid users.
Postpaid also increased by 50 Rs

Reactions: SSV

James

TF Ace
you are technically getting 4g data only as part of the plan...

I will tel you a simple thing that many wont talk about..
who knows.. I know nothing.. I may be wrong...
Just take it easy..
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Exactly hamare jawan siachen me khare hai or koi 50Rs extra nahi de sakte
So bad

On serious note 50Rs may be less but its not the same for everyone
For many people in India 50Rs is their daily earning
I doubt anyone earns that little today. Even labourers earn 500 plus per day in villages. If such a person is there and earns only Rs50 per day, the he has bigger issues to worry about than telecom. Why don't people worry about food, transport, electricity, clothing etc for him first? Those rates are increased quite often without anyone protesting.

Last edited: