• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

Please

Vi has no 5g in most of the places of India, why will they follow Jio and Airtel?
I meant about increasing the recharge rates. They will also increase the recharge rates for 4g even though they don't have 5G as they are the one who is most needy of this appreciation to increase the ARPU and stabilize the company.

Vi has no 5g in most of the places of India, why will they follow Jio and Airtel?
Beacuse it is an industry practice..
Every time one will take the lead in hiking the prices and the rest will follow in a day or two.
Next time another company starts the hike and the rest will follow.. like this they distribute the blame game among themselves so that all of them are happy..

Last edited:
Time to make the thread appear on the top đź‘€
View attachment 59004
New Jio prices, now airtel and vi to follow.

So nice little ~ 20% hike..
Expect these hikes once in every one / two years until the next election year... and life goes on...

May be next hike will be around 10% only..

as this hike happened quite after some years because of Covid, 5G roll out and election year.. it was hiked 20% this time....
but from next onwards ~10% hike regularly ..

Last edited:
So let's refresh all of us. Jio plans can be stacked.. how much.. unlimited?
Airtel specific plans can be stacked for max 2 years combined validity
Am I right?

Reactions: SSV
With my Jio prepaid I can dial out to 1800 and 1860 numbers with 0 costs associated with it..
I guess you meant dial in for Finto 's queries.
Lisa Simpson Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
So let's refresh all of us. Jio plans can be stacked.. how much.. unlimited?
I stacked it for 4 years once. but now it has 3 years validity..
Yes yu can do it for 10 years if you want to...
Airtel specific plans can be stacked for max 2 years combined validity
correct ..

you got 100% marks inthe Mobile recharge stacking exam!!
A Very Good student..

Last edited:
In 2012 or may be 2013, I saw trenches being dug and fiber cables being laid, that too in a remote small town/village. Someone told me it's Reliance.
I was curious because if I remember at the time Reliance communications was in deep sh#t controversy. I had a friend working in Airtel at the time and asked him about it.
He told me it's not 'that' Reliance and it's the other Reliance (owned by the other Ambani). My friend also said they are laying these fiber cables all over India and entering telecom space.
I was shocked at the length of their vison, the breadth of their plan and the depth of their pockets to first implement all over India first and then enter the market.

Please note my friend is a small time employee, so this wasn't exactly news or a secret.
My point is that the whole fricking industry absolutely knew Reliance is entering the ring and will be challenging every damn existing business. The writing was on the wall with big bold neon letters.

If you remember how quickly the other businesses fell and how quick was Airtel to pick them up at dirt cheap prices. This too reeks of possibilities that those companies were already struggling and were on their way out and possibly already in discussion with Airtel , and of course Airtel was ready to loot when their time came.

In 2012 or may be 2013, I saw trenches being dug and fiber cables being laid, that too in a remote small town/village. Someone told me it's Reliance.
I was curious because if I remember at the time Reliance communications was in deep sh#t controversy. I had a friend working in Airtel at the time and asked him about it.
He told me it's not 'that' Reliance and it's the other Reliance (owned by the other Ambani). My friend also said they are laying these fiber cables all over India and entering telecom space.
I was shocked at the length of their vison, the breadth of their plan and the depth of their pockets to first implement all over India first and then enter the market.

Please note my friend is a small time employee, so this wasn't exactly news or a secret.
My point is that the whole fricking industry absolutely knew Reliance is entering the ring and will be challenging every damn existing business. The writing was on the wall with big bold neon letters.

If you remember how quickly the other businesses fell and how quick was Airtel to pick them up at dirt cheap prices. This too reeks of possibilities that those companies were already struggling and were on their way out and possibly already in discussion with Airtel , and of course Airtel was ready to loot when their time came.
Great analysis. Reliance (Jio) colludes with the government to destroy entire telecom sector in India. They come in via back door without paying spectrum fees and then engage in predatory pricing for a year while the government looks the other way. Airtel barely survives. Now, you place the blame on Airtel.

Back