• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Most awaited Axis Edge to Transfer Partners Timeline

Axis Bank Edge Reward Points to Transfer Partners Timeline:

Usually the Edge Reward Points/ Edge Miles have an official transfer period of up to 15 days but transfer to different partners varies with each one.

I have accumulated a list for these Tranfer timelines based on the experience of people in our community!

The lighting fast transfer award goes to:
(Note: there might be some exceptions in rare cases, but 99% is same for everyone)

Air Canada
Air France
Marriott Bonvoy
IHG
Etihad
United
Qantas
Spicejet
Wyndham

Transaction + 1-2 working Days

Accor
Qatar Air
Singapore Airlines
Turkish
Vistara

Transaction + 1-7 working days

ITC
There is a hidden fact about ITC, that they initiate Green points transfer manually, and Friday is the day when it happens every week.
So, even if you initiate a Transfer on Thursday, it might get reflected on Friday ;)

Not all partners are listed in this post, but new partners will keep on updating as people post their new experiences.
Do not forget to comment your opinions and experiences with any of these partners if any.

Happy Redemptions coming ahead!
🙌

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
What actually happened can you explain? And where do you want to go?. I am also transferring around 2L points tomorrow so need to know the experience before hand. It will be appreciated if you could tell the details.
In Singapore Airlines, for redemption also there are options like Saver and regular. Saver has got limited seats only. So what would have happened is 20K is saver fare. Because of the time lag in point transfer Saver quota would have exhausted and option would be for normal point booking. This is very common and you need to plan for this eventuality or transfer in advance and risk non usage.

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can someone guide if we want marriot points, it was said to convert to ITC and then transfer you get double value is it true or still there.?
Not double. Axis ER to ITC to Marriott---> 5:4 for Axis ER to ITC, and 2:3 for ITC to Marriott. So you get 6 Marriott points for 5 ER. But there's a limit of 60K points transfer from ITC to Marriott in a calendar year (Google for TnC)

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not double. Axis ER to ITC to Marriott---> 5:4 for Axis ER to ITC, and 2:3 for ITC to Marriott. So you get 6 Marriott points for 5 ER. But there's a limit of 60K points transfer from ITC to Marriott in a calendar year (Google for TnC)
I have to book a Marriott hotel in Goa which is showing 63500 points for 5 nights stay.
I have 30000 Amex point.
Can I book Marriott hotel partially with 30000 points?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can confirm an award reservation as soon as your plans are finalized and then earn the remaining points within 60 days. It’s no different than booking a refundable paid stay. Your reservation may be canceled if you don’t have enough points in your account either within 60 days of booking or 14 days before your arrival. You’ll be required to cover the award stay at the price in effect when you use points, not the time you book. Check Marriott points advance on google, and you will understand.

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can confirm an award reservation as soon as your plans are finalized and then earn the remaining points within 60 days. It’s no different than booking a refundable paid stay. Your reservation may be canceled if you don’t have enough points in your account either within 60 days of booking or 14 days before your arrival. You’ll be required to cover the award stay at the price in effect when you use points, not the time you book. Check Marriott points advance on google, and you will understand.
Thank for the suggestion.
I will try your advice.

I have 2 more months in hand before the actual stay. So I guess I can cover the remaing points with the help of Magnus.

If I dont have sufficient points acquired before my stay, can I buy the points directly and utilize to cover remainjng point? Any trick or advice to buy more points at less price?

rohitnsync

TF Select
Which transfer partner of Axis bank is most "versatile" ? (I mean, a transfer partner which allows further transfer to multiple other airmiles/hotel points)
For example, I want to transfer my Edge Rewards points, but not to CV points since (correct me if I am wrong) we can't transfer CV points back to ITC/Marriott. So, in this case I would rather transfer my ER points to Club ITC and then take it from there. But certainly, I feel it's safer to not have ER points sitting idle (so as to avoid any eventual devaluation of ER points) What do you think? And please suggest other versatile transfer partner options. Thanks in advance :)

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
I have to book a Marriott hotel in Goa which is showing 63500 points for 5 nights stay.
I have 30000 Amex point.
Can I book Marriott hotel partially with 30000 points?
I booked Marriott using points few days ago. To me it was showing 2 options. 1 was booking on 100% points and another was booking on partial points and paying some cash. See if you have those options.
Waiting can be risky in Marriott as they have moved to dynamic reward structure. The current requirement of 65K points can definitely go up in future and worst case scenario reward redemption may not be available at all.
Please see if you have points with AMex or some other card which can help. Till recently Marriott was also running offer on bonus rewards on buying points. If nothing works, DM me. Will see what other options exist to make it happen,

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I booked Marriott using points few days ago. To me it was showing 2 options. 1 was booking on 100% points and another was booking on partial points and paying some cash. See if you have those options.
Waiting can be risky in Marriott as they have moved to dynamic reward structure. The current requirement of 65K points can definitely go up in future and worst case scenario reward redemption may not be available at all.
Please see if you have points with AMex or some other card which can help. Till recently Marriott was also running offer on bonus rewards on buying points. If nothing works, DM me. Will see what other options exist to make it happen,
Yes definitely I will try your suggestions. Thanks for the help.

Which transfer partner of Axis bank is most "versatile" ? (I mean, a transfer partner which allows further transfer to multiple other airmiles/hotel points)
For example, I want to transfer my Edge Rewards points, but not to CV points since (correct me if I am wrong) we can't transfer CV points back to ITC/Marriott. So, in this case I would rather transfer my ER points to Club ITC and then take it from there. But certainly, I feel it's safer to not have ER points sitting idle (so as to avoid any eventual devaluation of ER points) What do you think? And please suggest other versatile transfer partner options. Thanks in advance :)

Axis Bank is the most versatile. Keep your points there. They have been giving advance notice for any changes in their program so you have to trust that they will do the same moving forward.

Also, moving to any program for fear of devaluation is crazy because that programme can have a devaluation too OR you could have a redemption requirement come up that that programme is unable to fulfill.

Devaluation of points is a risk you take in the points game. Smartest strategy is to keep your points with Axis for now till expiry or till you need to use them.

rohitnsync

TF Select
Axis Bank is the most versatile. Keep your points there. They have been giving advance notice for any changes in their program so you have to trust that they will do the same moving forward.

Also, moving to any program for fear of devaluation is crazy because that programme can have a devaluation too OR you could have a redemption requirement come up that that programme is unable to fulfill.

Devaluation of points is a risk you take in the points game. Smartest strategy is to keep your points with Axis for now till expiry or till you need to use them.
Thanks a lot buddy