• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Most trusted bank for a savings account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf646

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Which bank do you trust the most for all of your transactions, with good servers, good customer support, and where you can park all your savings without worrying?

My primary account is with Fi Infinite. This account has been very beneficial for me, as I am earning 1K every month from it. However, I am a little resistant to having all my transactions and money there.

Due to many recent cases of Fi accounts being frozen and the recent charges announcement from Federal Bank, I am planning to try another bank. Up to a 50K average monthly balance is okay for me.

Share your best & worst experiences.

Lagta hai saare banks me kuch na kuch issues zaroor hai. We should adjust 🙂
It seems to me that you already made a firm decision and just need some validation from others and want some weekend pop corn 🍿 time....
Okay, if you are looking for non stop entertainment then by all means go for
🪓..
You won't be feeling lonely and guaranteed to have some kind of engagement wothbsome fun
.Then make friendship with my brother @drsel ..he is a high profile 🪓 either M4B relationship.
All the best is all I can say now,
Let us meet in a years time for all the fun time 👄

Hdfc also freezes account, if they find something wrong
Usually, every bank will freeze an account if something is detected, but will they unfreeze it easily? That's the question.

In Fi's case, my friend's Fi Infinite account got frozen due to a large volume of transactions. He received an email from the Fi Investigations team asking for clarifications on the transactions and a few documents.

He explained everything and provided all the documents. After that, they replied, "Our investigation is complete, and your account is permanently frozen. Now, you can submit a closure request." 🥲

When he visited the Federal Branch, they simply said, "It's an online account, and we have no control over it."

Looking to close my IDFC and open in some PSU bank for UPI purpose only.

Dont need much, only requirements are:
1. Close to zero UPI failure rate or downtime.
2. Negligible MAB and DC charges (not gonna use this DC anyway)

Closest branches are of Indian bank, Union, PNB, BOB and SBI in this order. Not that I'll need to visit branch as it's for UPI.

I will Say Indusind And Axis

Indusind - More Debit Card Options Upto 1K Per Month, Nice App UI, Most Important U can transfer Immedietly Even 2 Laks After Adding A benificairy Which is Also instant , Ok customer Service, Comparitvely Less Marketing In branch
Axis - Best App , Liberty Account Is the Best Account , No Need to maintain Anything
PSB Banks I will Say
Union Bank - Visa Signature Card 1% CB cc Bills
Baroda - Visa Signature Card (For Airport Transfer)

ICICI - Freezing Issues If u Use it Icici Savings Account For Large Txns , They Will Question And Freeze it
HDFC- Worst App, They Will Ask So Many Questions If U Do Txns , So Many Unwanted Calls , Less Friendly RM & Branch Staff

Last edited:
Looking to close my IDFC and open in some PSU bank for UPI purpose only.

Dont need much, only requirements are:
1. Close to zero UPI failure rate or downtime.
2. Negligible MAB and DC charges (not gonna use this DC anyway)

Closest branches are of Indian bank, Union, PNB, BOB and SBI in this order. Not that I'll need to visit branch as it's for UPI.
Go for BOB the builder .

I have had a very bad experience with HDFC already.
They ask many questions while depositing cash.
They have charges on almost everything.
Their app also does not feel modern (to me).

I get the frustration but here is the thing..

your primary requirement (as per post) is about good savings account.

And if we consider HDFC (for some reason), open 25k savingsmax account.

which has, 0 fee debit card, except IMPS all transactions free, no questions (except PAN if limit crossed) while depositing cash. And no charges, you can check with Schedule of charges about this account, and see if it suites you.

They ask for so many documents for a car loan and then reject it.
We can't pay their Consumer Durable Loan online.
They even asked for a written letter only to process my limit enhancement request.

These are not related to savings account as per your main post, so it needs separate experience. Do not expect savings experience in credit section, both are different in many of the banks.

I get the frustration but here is the thing..

your primary requirement (as per post) is about good savings account.

And if we consider HDFC (for some reason), open 25k savingsmax account.

which has, 0 fee debit card, except IMPS all transactions free, no questions (except PAN if limit crossed) while depositing cash. And no charges, you can check with Schedule of charges about this account, and see if it suites you.

Note: Never dealt with cash in bank (its a very rare case for me), if that is the requirement do check the transaction charges related to branch operations in that SOC.

These are not related to savings account as per your main post, so it needs separate experience. Do not expect savings experience in credit section, both are different in many of the banks.
That is why we need requirement analysis done properly and freeze the top 5 requirements and sign off the document...
Otherwise people come with unlimited requirements by linking one to another with their own. imaginations... @yusuf646

It seems to me that you already made a firm decision and just need some validation from others and want some weekend pop corn 🍿 time....
Okay, if you are looking for non stop entertainment then by all means go for
🪓..
You won't be feeling lonely and guaranteed to have some kind of engagement wothbsome fun
.Then make friendship with my brother @drsel ..he is a high profile 🪓 either M4B relationship.
All the best is all I can say now,
Let us meet in a years time for all the fun time 👄
Again used 🪓 instead of Axis.
tenor.gif

That is why we need requirement analysis done properly and freeze the top 5 requirements and sign off the document...
Otherwise people come with unlimited requirements by linking one to another with their own. imaginations... @yusuf646
So simply what i able to understand now is currently there's no universal choice.

We need @SSV to make a new bank account named "SSV Infinite" with best benifits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back