• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Most trusted bank for a savings account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which bank do you trust the most for all of your transactions, with good servers, good customer support, and where you can park all your savings without worrying?

My primary account is with Fi Infinite. This account has been very beneficial for me, as I am earning 1K every month from it. However, I am a little resistant to having all my transactions and money there.

Due to many recent cases of Fi accounts being frozen and the recent charges announcement from Federal Bank, I am planning to try another bank. Up to a 50K average monthly balance is okay for me.

Share your best & worst experiences.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Which bank do you trust the most for all of your transactions, with good servers, good customer support, and where you can park all your savings without worrying?

My primary account is with Fi Infinite. This account has been very beneficial for me, as I am earning 1K every month from it. However, I am a little resistant to having all my transactions and money there.

Due to many recent cases of Fi accounts being frozen and the recent charges announcement from Federal Bank, I am planning to try another bank. Up to a 50K average monthly balance is okay for me.

You can go for any leading bank!!!

SBI
ICICI
HDFC
IndusInd
BOB
PNB
Union bank (percentage wise, most of the stake with govt)
Axis (not good support and hidden account charges)

For reliability perspective, you can always lean onto any PSU bank and HDFC/ICICI

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I personally prefer IndusInd

It’s a good blend of reliability and facilities
IndusInd is in the list of top 5 pvt banks in India
Their debit cards are good… select/exclusive/grande cards

IDFC is also very good, but limited availability in many places

Won’t recommend Kotak now as you can’t be onboarded with them now

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can go for any leading bank!!!

SBI
ICICI
HDFC
IndusInd
BOB
Union bank (percentage wise, most of the stake with govt)
Axis (not good support and hidden account charges)

For reliability perspective, you can always lean onto any PSU bank and HDFC/ICICI
Union & SBI have huge transaction failures.
HDFC is ajeeb bank always tells to write a letter to chennai branch🙂
IndusInd & IDFC have very few branches. No CDM in my city.
No experience with ICICI, Axis & BOB.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hdfc also freezes account, if they find something wrong
I have had a very bad experience with HDFC already.
They ask many questions while depositing cash.
They ask for so many documents for a car loan and then reject it.
They have charges on almost everything.
Their app also does not feel modern (to me).
We can't pay their Consumer Durable Loan online.
They even asked for a written letter only to process my limit enhancement request.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They even asked for a written letter to process my limit enhancement request.
If you want an account with no bells and whistles and with no hype and false promises and looking for long term stable account with reasonable costs associated with it and a reasonable support if you are a wealth customer...
Just go for
ICICI WM account...

Note: The Selection is based on the least known 😈 principle...

Last edited:

praful47

TF Premier

BOB would be best to park your savings .
They don't have much offers but for banking experience it's good .
I have also seen very less complaints and no bad remarks .
For loan purpose I would not recommend because they ask for tonnes of documents and lastly rejects.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Enter the dragon 🐉...
Now game starts .....

A game of loooooong questionnaire...
Note: you are already been alerted 📢...
;)

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you want an account with no bells and whistles and with no hype and false promises and looking for long term stable account with reasonable costs associate with it and a reasonable support if you are wealth customer...
Just go for
ICICI WM account...
What good did u see in icici wm post devaluation...

He is happy with 1k from fi ...
You want him to hold 5 L in saving ( loosing interest) 🫡

Hdfc for most basic things it's saving max account or digi youth is best .

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC - Good if you want to aim for Infinia / DCB. 1% on DC is added perk. Otherwise nothing great
Axis - If you want to aim for Budgundy account or Axis cards
ICICI - Frankly I don't see any use of ICICI. Most useless in my opinion

Otherwise IDFC / Indusind are better options overall. Better interest rates, decent banking experience. My personal favourite is IDFC as of now (Opinion may change in the future). My IDFC also has zerodha 3-1 account linkage, which is very convenient. It is not offered now though

helloworld

TF Legend

Honestly, in one sentence: experience differ from person to person and the way they do transactions and number of times they do transactions or needed those good servers or support.

Premium account from most of the private banks have good support (not the best), but that needs money and not at all comparable with Fi Infinite level.

If you want to park your savings, my suggestion stick with SBI, ICICI and HDFC. But, the problem there is no best customer support. Infact, not only in banking but anywhere in Industry. It all about personal perspective, and how we receive those responses. If its not as per our like, we usually say its not good support.

And, no HDFC banking part never ask you write to Chennai. Its about credit (both loans, credit cards) need to write Chennai, and nowadays they even ok with email scan and reply.

ICICI is bulky with unnecessary features, and very much lag nowadays for me. SBI, only two ways you experience this, either you ok with them or you hate them, nothing more or nothing less.

And finally fact: All banks same (until we experience them). Savings always pick the branch closest to you.

Karvanna

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They even asked for a written letter only to process my limit enhancement request.
Exactly Same Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.