• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MR point credit on payment before statement generation

nikhilk21

TF Buzz
I have a large purchase coming up (~8 lakh) and the limit on my Amex Plat is around 3+ lakh. To deal with this, I plan to make the near max limit transaction and pay off immediately to get back the limit and repeat this to reach my purchase value.

1) Has anyone done this? Will I get MR points?
2) Will it be counted towards the milestone? (it is not a restricted category)

I have a large purchase coming up (~8 lakh) and the limit on my Amex Plat is around 3+ lakh. To deal with this, I plan to make the near max limit transaction and pay off immediately to get back the limit and repeat this to reach my purchase value.

Spend exactly 4 lacs on Platinum travel card.
More than that is a waste

I think you can spend upto 4 lakhs on amex plat travel (as there are further milestone benefits after 4 L) (it would take 24-48 hours for the limit to reset depending on time of day when repayment is done) and pay the rest of the 8 L on your other rewards giving cards which give milestone benefits or RPs.

Otherwise the first 4 L gives milestone benefits but the rest will just give regular MR points (if not in excluded category).

I think you can spend upto 4 lakhs on amex plat travel (as there are further milestone benefits after 4 L) (it would take 24-48 hours for the limit to reset depending on time of day when repayment is done) and pay the rest of the 8 L on your other rewards giving cards which give milestone benefits or RPs.

Otherwise the first 4 L gives milestone benefits but the rest will just give regular MR points (if not in excluded category).
Actually it is a property purchase, so it will come under rent category. I want to take another card but I know Axis, HDFC both don't give rewards in rent, but it will be counted in milestone?

Any other card you suggest?

Actually it is a property purchase, so it will come under rent category. I want to take another card but I know Axis, HDFC both don't give rewards in rent, but it will be counted in milestone?

Any other card you suggest?
Well not sure which other cards give RPs on rent, if nothing else then amex plat should give regular MR points after the milestone benefit!

Do any of the travel cards of axis like atlas give RPs on rent?

If u have MRCC card.. u can transfer limit . My limit was less in plat travel when approved (around sep 23) so I transferred mrcc limit to plat travel… check with customer care

Well not sure which other cards give RPs on rent, if nothing else then amex plat should give regular MR points after the milestone benefit!

Do any of the travel cards of axis like atlas give RPs on rent?
I just checked
Axis Atlas - No RPs on rent and not counted in milestone
HDFC Regalia Gold - No RPs on rent, but I think it will be counted in milestone as there is no mention of eligible spends there. However there's not much benefit in achieving milestone here.

Back