• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Multiple Cibil Enquires for the same credit card application on the same day

Thomas Shelby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got pre approved offer from HDFC credit card so I applied it and the bank did cibil enquiry Four times on the same day (april 22) for the same card, and there was a fifth cibil enquiry after another 10 days (may 5th ) but despite it, the card got approved, and I recently got a limit enhancement on the card.

Everything is same on those four enquiries (i.e amount applied for, Search Type , Application date etc) and on the fifth enquiry everything was the same except application date changed

What I observed is that my statement generation date is 23rd of each month so I think card got approved on 22nd April but why was there a need for 5th cicbil check on May 5th and card got delivered to me on may 10th

I got my first statement on may 23rd

I checked my cibil report and got to know about these multiple enquiries today

So Here are my Questions

1. What can I do about these multiple enquiries

2. Is there a way in which I can remove multiple inquries for the same credit card apllication and keep just one enquiry

3. Is there any RBI rule which states that only a single enquiry should happen for a single credit card application

4. Will these enquries affect my future credit card applications (My current score is CIBIL : 775 , EXPERIAN : 821 )

Please share your experience/ suggestions on how to deal with the situation

1. Stop worrying, it doesn't affect the score much. You should be far more concerned about HDFC not reporting credit limit to CIBIL.
  2. You can start raising the issue to Level 1 Support, Level 2 Support and finally the Nodal officer. Nobody will help but you will have all the proofs needed to raise an RBI ombudsman complaint. From experience (SBI and ICICI), complaining to RBI is the only way to get enquiries removed.
  3. Don't know but probably isn't.
  4. Probably not, as long as score >= 750.

Also, my pre-approved millennia credit card was approved without any CIBIL enquiry. So difficult to say how HDFC operates.

1. Stop worrying, it doesn't affect the score much. You should be far more concerned about HDFC not reporting credit limit to CIBIL.
  2. You can start raising the issue to Level 1 Support, Level 2 Support and finally the Nodal officer. Nobody will help but you will have all the proofs needed to raise an RBI ombudsman complaint. From experience (SBI and ICICI), complaining to RBI is the only way to get enquiries removed.
  3. Don't know but probably isn't.
  4. Probably not, as long as score >= 750.

Also, my pre-approved millennia credit card was approved without any CIBIL enquiry. So difficult to say how HDFC operates.

Hdfc not reporting credit limit is something which we cannot do anything about, probablly should use credit card as much as possible for one month so it creates new high credit limit used.

Will start raising the issue level by level and update any progress made and will proceed to RBI ombudsman after collecting the proofs.

Its a relief to know that it does not have much affect on future credit applications

Back