• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Multiple Loan fraud using my Brother in Law's PAN

My BIL, a student, received an email yesterday about a loan sanction of Rs 9800 with benficiary mentioned as Samsung.
The poor guy has never availed of a loan in his life.
He came to me and we jointly logged in to his CIBIL account dispute section, through which you can view your CIBIL report for free.

To our surprise, his score is 620 and he has 10 loans, 4 of which have been closed.
All BNPL loans, taken without his knowledge and with unknown numbers showing in his contact information.
Even a Bajaj Finance vehicle loan has been taken for Rs 70000 .

Just need general advice as to the steps we can take for rolling back these errors.

Edit-Latest update- CIBIL removed the Bajaj Finserv loan saying it's a mistake from their end. will now have to fight for the other loans.

Last edited:
I've heard of similar cases recently
It's unfortunate
My BIL, a student, received an email yesterday about a loan sanction of Rs 9800 with benficiary mentioned as Samsung.
He came to me and we jointly logged in to his CIBIL account dispute section, through which you can view your CIBIL report for free.

To our surprise, his score is 620 and he has 10 loans, 4 of which have been closed.
All BNPL loans, taken without his knowledge and with unknown numbers showing in his contact information.

Just need general advice as to the steps we can take for rolling back these errors.

First of all raise a dispute in CIBIL using control number .
Take that dispute copy and Cibil copy and file a cyber cell and file a complaint for online PAN Card Identity theft .

Take that complaint copy and Cibil copy and file a FIR in normal police station against all those BNPL who have sanctioned a loan without full kyc

My friends Brother-in-laws Pan card is wrongly update by SBI CARDS to another person's card account . Both have same Names. 860 score reduced to 740 as the another person took loan and has defaulted.

can you also check with him if he evsr shared any otp with anyone?
I would like to know how big a loophole this is.

My friends Brother-in-laws Pan card is wrongly update by SBI CARDS to another person's card account . Both have same Names. 860 score reduced to 740 as the another person took loan and has defaulted.
This can be quickly fixed , raising a Cibil dispute and filling a irresponsible behaviour complain against SBI

You have told his score is 620..That means you are able to access his score...Do following points...
1.Note down the lenders name as per cibil and approach them directly through customer care or nearest branch available of bank/NBFC.
2. Dispute all the accounts in CIBIL As account doesnot belongs to me using cibil portal or from where you are checking score or via cibil customer care . its flag a concern because CIBIL forward the case to bank and chances are there lenders reverify the customer.
3.If phone and email id is there in Cibil then contact the person byself and aprehend him.
4.Approach police and cyber cell and lodge complaint there for forging of identity and financial fraud..

Police Alone cant make your case reach desired result.You have to act proactively to deal with such cases.

Last edited:
You have told his score is 620..That means you are able to access his score...Do following points...
1.Note down the lenders name as per cibil and approach them directly through customer care or nearest branch available of bank/NBFC.
2. Dispute all the accounts in CIBIL As account doesnot belongs to me using cibil portal or from where you are checking score or via cibil customer care . its flag a concern because CIBIL forward the case to bank and chances are there lenders reverify the cuatomer.
3.If phone and email id is there in Cibil then contact the person byself and aprehend him.
4.Approach police and cyber cell and lodge complaint there for forging of identity and financial fraud..

Police Alone cant alone make your case reach desired result.You have to act proactively to deal with such cases.
i would advise against point 3 for safety reasons.

2. Dispute all the accounts in CIBIL As account doesnot belongs to me using cibil portal or from where you are checking score or via cibil customer care . its flag a concern because CIBIL forward the case to bank and chances are there lenders reverify the cuatomer.

Police Alone cant make your case reach desired result.You have to act proactively to deal with such cases.
In my CIBIL report loan from RNVPTECH is showing which is opened and closed in Jan 2023, but I didn't take any loan from RNVPTECH. I have raised dispute in CIBIL and also emailed them and asked them to remove loan account. I have threatened them with RBI complaint and FIR. Let's see what happens.

In my CIBIL report loan from RNVPTECH is showing which is opened and closed in Jan 2023, but I didn't take any loan from RNVPTECH. I have raised dispute in CIBIL and also emailed them and asked them to remove loan account. I have threatened them with RBI complaint and FIR. Let's see what happens.
As per you the loan status is closed..Not a serious concern and you already have initiated the corrective measures to remove it.Wait for the cibil respose..
Suggesting also mail this company with whatever info available on cibil.This company app is available on google play store .You can get their email from there.

As per you the loan status is closed..Not a serious concern and you already have initiated the corrective measures to remove it.Wait for the cibil respose..
Suggesting also mail this company with whatever info available on cibil.This company app is available on google play store .You can get their email from there.
I already mailed them today. Let's see what is their response.

Reactions: Rkr
Back