• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Multiple Loan fraud using my Brother in Law's PAN

My BIL, a student, received an email yesterday about a loan sanction of Rs 9800 with benficiary mentioned as Samsung.
The poor guy has never availed of a loan in his life.
He came to me and we jointly logged in to his CIBIL account dispute section, through which you can view your CIBIL report for free.

To our surprise, his score is 620 and he has 10 loans, 4 of which have been closed.
All BNPL loans, taken without his knowledge and with unknown numbers showing in his contact information.
Even a Bajaj Finance vehicle loan has been taken for Rs 70000 .

Just need general advice as to the steps we can take for rolling back these errors.
Your case also suggest that everyone holding PAN must check their Credit scores monthly or at least quarterly to know about errors quickly..

Never give pan and adhar to anyone without signing on it and also mention on page, the purpose for which one is giving his pan and adhar..

My BIL, a student, received an email yesterday about a loan sanction of Rs 9800 with benficiary mentioned as Samsung.
The poor guy has never availed of a loan in his life.
He came to me and we jointly logged in to his CIBIL account dispute section, through which you can view your CIBIL report for free.

To our surprise, his score is 620 and he has 10 loans, 4 of which have been closed.
All BNPL loans, taken without his knowledge and with unknown numbers showing in his contact information.
Even a Bajaj Finance vehicle loan has been taken for Rs 70000 .

Just need general advice as to the steps we can take for rolling back these errors.
this is a serious issue, raise a complaint in near PS and lodge a complaint to respective bnpl cc

am waiting for the CIBIL dispute results to come back so that I can file a report with the ombudsman and PS with proper documentary trail.
in my experience, though cibil has their dispute form, the reply that they give is 'contact the financial institution'.
basically they take inputs only from the banks and financial institutions, and so they can pass on the blame/responsibility to these institutions.

good that you have formally raised a dispute, keep the reference number handy - will help you with your case. but don't depend on them to take action.

in my experience, though cibil has their dispute form, the reply that they give is 'contact the financial institution'.
basically they take inputs only from the banks and financial institutions, and so they can pass on the blame/responsibility to these institutions.

good that you have formally raised a dispute, keep the reference number handy - will help you with your case. but don't depend on them to take action.
my main motive was to establish a document trail. next step is contacting financial institution, then ombudsman and police case simultaneously.

my main motive was to establish a document trail. next step is contacting financial institution, then ombudsman and police case simultaneously.
why not filing police case first? ombudsman requires 30 days after you contacted the institution.
institution will take at least 2 working days to reply for every query. the smaller institutions will take even more time.
during this time if any more frauds happen then banks/police will ask why didn't you file a police complaint when you found out the fraud?!

why not filing police case first? ombudsman requires 30 days after you contacted the institution.
institution will take at least 2 working days to reply for every query. the smaller institutions will take even more time.
during this time if any more frauds happen then banks/police will ask why didn't you file a police complaint when you found out the fraud?!
oh. i hadn't thought about that. i think it's time to drag my BIL with me to the PS. will keep you all updated.

When my friend pulled his CIBIL Report for the first time, he found that there's a loan from Dhani loans which he never availed. Mailing to their customer support and following up there helped him remove those entries from CIBIL Report.

Pathetic Slaypay opened overdraft facility when i tried to check credit score from their app.
Mail or call to their customer care team to cancel the facility.Donot check your score anywhere just for shake of free better take a subscription of cibil (as per plan upto daily refresh)or One score app(Free of cost but monthly refresh only)
Mail at-care@slaypay.app

On the other side,

If we see, we have to get CIBIL Subscription to check whether the entries have been removed or not.

Or simply rely on multiple websites to get CIBIL report (many times this is summarised report).

Would not that be another burden on us? (Rs. 1200 a year) apart from the mental agony.

On the other side,

If we see, we have to get CIBIL Subscription to check whether the entries have been removed or not.

Or simply rely on multiple websites to get CIBIL report (many times this is summarised report).

Would not that be another burden on us? (Rs. 1200 a year) apart from the mental agony.
I think people who are into Credit card system and constantly apply for cards and other credit products for them subscription might be a must have item.

Back