• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mumbai to Denver Booking help

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Could someone tell me which would be the best airline mile program where I could book a ticket for me and my friend? The date of travel is 1 Oct to 3 November. Plus minus 5 days is fine on either side.

Any help or suggestion in terms of airline mile redemption would be highly appreciated.

I own a Magnus and I have my points in that only.
Ps. Given that axis Magnus devaluation may be around the corner I will just go ahead and book the flight, now only.

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Could someone tell me which would be the best airline mile program where I could book a ticket for me and my friend? The date of travel is 1 Oct to 3 November. Plus minus 5 days is fine on either side.

Any help or suggestion in terms of airline mile redemption would be highly appreciated.

I own a Magnus and I have my points in that only.
Ps. Given that axis Magnus devaluation may be around the corner I will just go ahead and book the flight, now only.
Since you are traveling to North America, you could use the Air Canada Aeroplan miles. They offer quite a good value. Typically the economy seat trades between 60-70k oneway from India to the United States and 90 - 120k for business excluding the taxes charged.

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
but, I am getting revenue for 1.10. Then spending 1.5 Lac miles plus taxes doesn't makes sense, Right?
Not at all, it will typically make sense for premium economy and above. And economy for immediate travel when revenue tickets are priced higher

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Check for star alliance flights in Turkish airlines. Could find for Oct 2nd at 34k miles + 14k tax which seems to be good value! 4 seats remaining.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715_005226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_005226_Chrome.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Check for star alliance flights in Turkish airlines. Could find for Oct 2nd at 34k miles + 14k tax which seems to be good value! 4 seats remaining.
Return available on Nov 4th for 34k + $128, so 68k miles + 25k taxes per pax.

Note: Do not search as round trip, it does not show availability.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Return available on Nov 4th for 34k + $128, so 68k miles + 25k taxes per pax.

Note: Do not search as round trip, it does not show availability.
Thanks.

Can I book it only for my cousin? As I may not be able to go for the trip because of some work.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks.

Can I book it only for my cousin? As I may not be able to go for the trip because of some work.
Yes, but it's a painful process to book through customer care! 😅 You will need to call them multiple times till you find a person who knows how to book star alliance flights 😂 Most of them just check for Turkish award flights and say that there is no flight available!

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, but it's a painful process to book through customer care! 😅 You will need to call them multiple times till you find a person who knows how to book star alliance flights 😂 Most of them just check for Turkish award flights and say that there is no flight available!
No, I can manage that. I stay in Mumbai. So I can even go to their office and all. But the question is whether I can book it for someone else. Even If I am not traveling. For united mileage plus, I can.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can, there is no restriction through customer care.
So should I call, mail, or chat? which is the best one? I have heard that have a hard time understanding English.

Two, Turkish is showing availability when I search one way. When I do the round trip for the same day it is showing not available. Have you also faced this kind of issue?

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So should I call, mail, or chat? which is the best one? I have heard that have a hard time understanding English.

Two, Turkish is showing availability when I search one way. When I do the round trip for the same day it is showing not available. Have you also faced this kind of issue?
Call. Mail will take time.

Doesn't show round trip as I mentioned above, book one way at a time.