• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Must have Credit cards

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I have credit cards from the following banks now - HDFC, ICICI, SBI, Axis, IDFC, Stand Chartered and AMEX. Apart from these, is there any other bank's CC is good to have for offers?
I think I should add AU as I see lot of offers for it. Any other recommendations? What's your collection?
PS: Not looking to get all the bank's LTF CC. Just the most important ones.

Is Indusind legend ltf worrth it? I have got the pre approved offer for this card but didn't apply it yet.
Because I don't see many offers from Indusind in e commerce or offline stores .
It is good, to open a 0 balance select sb account, which provides a DC which gives CB on other CC payments..

This is very strange..everyone opens a SB account to get a good CC..
But in this case, reverse gear..
We apply for a CC first to get a reasonable DC..

Is Indusind legend ltf worrth it? I have got the pre approved offer for this card but didn't apply it yet.
Because I don't see many offers from Indusind in e commerce or offline stores .
IndusInd doesn't give much offers but never say no to a LTF card. IndusInd gives good credit limit. It matches the credit limit to your highest credit limit available on your CIBIL.

I have a thing for LTF cards that Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Must have cards as per me if you get LTF (or at least fee reversal)
ICICI Amazon Pay/Sapphiro/Emeralde
HDFC Tata neu infinity/Regalia Gold
Axis Magnus/Select
SBI Elite/Prime/SimplyClick/Cashback

Thanks for the thread. I have a similar question.
I have a confusion whether to have multiple credit cards (5+) or just a max of 2-3 cards is enough. My thoughts are like this -
  • Influencers will have 40-50 credit cards, they are a different league altogether, leave that, and let's talk about common people.
  • Common people - if you have more than say 8-10 cards, your reward points will be spread across all these, sometimes you may not be able to reach the spending milestones for the fee waiver, etc.
  • Instead of that, keep just 2-3 cards where you spend the max and collect all reward points in those 1 or 2 cards so that it will accumulate everything together in one place.
  • Also having many cards, it is difficult to track multiple bills, due dates, reward point expiry date and so on.
  • You can easily reach the milestone, and you can redeem it together so no separate redemption charges.
  • For this purpose, don't take cards left and right, choose premium or above cards with good benefits and high credit limits
  • Just because a card is LTF, should I take it and keep it in my wallet - without any use?
  • I have been taking and canceling many cards, because after I get it, I realize that practically it is adding complication only, no use otherwise.
  • Less rewarding cards are basically useless. Like for petty reward points, why take all this effort?
Help me take some good cards. I currently have only these 2 cards, both LTF
1. Amazon Pay ICICI - 10 L limit. All my expenses are through this card. Both Amazon and outside. On an average monthly I get around 2.8 - 3%. cashback on the bill amount as Amazon pay balance I think it is pretty good.
2. ICICI Sapphiro LTF - shared limit. Just took this because I have a salary account with ICICI and they gave it LTF to me. Having a core ICICI card helps during offers and also it has lounge access.

What else should I take to maximize the benefits? It's general day-to-day expenses, bill payments, grocery and shop purchases, online purchases, utilities etc. Travel is not that often. Maybe one domestic flight in 2-3 months.
Please help me to optimise.

Reactions: SSV
Thanks for the thread. I have a similar question.
I have a confusion whether to have multiple credit cards (5+) or just a max of 2-3 cards is enough. My thoughts are like this -
  • Influencers will have 40-50 credit cards, they are a different league altogether, leave that, and let's talk about common people.
  • Common people - if you have more than say 8-10 cards, your reward points will be spread across all these, sometimes you may not be able to reach the spending milestones for the fee waiver, etc.
  • Instead of that, keep just 2-3 cards where you spend the max and collect all reward points in those 1 or 2 cards so that it will accumulate everything together in one place.
  • Also having many cards, it is difficult to track multiple bills, due dates, reward point expiry date and so on.
  • You can easily reach the milestone, and you can redeem it together so no separate redemption charges.
  • For this purpose, don't take cards left and right, choose premium or above cards with good benefits and high credit limits
  • Just because a card is LTF, should I take it and keep it in my wallet - without any use?
  • I have been taking and canceling many cards, because after I get it, I realize that practically it is adding complication only, no use otherwise.
  • Less rewarding cards are basically useless. Like for petty reward points, why take all this effort?
Help me take some good cards. I currently have only these 2 cards, both LTF
1. Amazon Pay ICICI - 10 L limit. All my expenses are through this card. Both Amazon and outside. On an average monthly I get around 2.8 - 3%. cashback on the bill amount as Amazon pay balance I think it is pretty good.
2. ICICI Sapphiro LTF - shared limit. Just took this because I have a salary account with ICICI and they gave it LTF to me. Having a core ICICI card helps during offers and also it has lounge access.

What else should I take to maximize the benefits? It's general day-to-day expenses, bill payments, grocery and shop purchases, online purchases, utilities etc. Travel is not that often. Maybe one domestic flight in 2-3 months.
Please help me to optimise.
SBI CB to start with

SBI cards are not given LTF and hence I have not taken them yet. Most of my spending is on HDFC Infinia ( LTF). Only now days SBI has offers on Amazon during Diwali sale( but thankfully didn't have to buy anything specific and hence didn't feel necessity of SBI card.

Regards,

Balpreet
We can make SBI cards LTF, please see the appropriate thread.. times are changing ,so SBI also has to…

What are better benefits of Axis Airtel over Axis Flipkart. I have flipkart variant sitting idle for years now

Regards,

Balpreet
10% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato on Bigbasket upto 500
10% cashback on all utility bills upto 300
25% cashback on airtel mobile recharges, broadband and DTH upto 300 (some people claim to have received 25% on other mobile recharges as well)

SBI cards are not given LTF and hence I have not taken them yet. Most of my spending is on HDFC Infinia ( LTF). Only now days SBI has offers on Amazon during Diwali sale( but thankfully didn't have to buy anything specific and hence didn't feel necessity of SBI card.

Regards,

Balpreet
We can make SBI cards LTF, please see the appropriate thread.. times are changing ,so SBI also has to…

Here it is, you can go thru this for LTF SBI conversion...

Back