• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia My First Credit Card Infinia Metal and Comprehensive Guide on How to Use It

Dear TF Family,

1. My Infinia Metal Credit Card Journey. I have received the 1st credit card of my life - Infinia Metal - and have activated it on 1st May 2024. My Infinia journey was quite short and sweet. The process started when I finally decided to go in for a credit card which I was so far avoiding due to various reasons. I just requested my RM to give me the Infinia Metal and he took about 2-3 days and then informed me that I was eligible, and the process started. My eligibility was possibly based on these factors - I have an ITR of Rs 50 L plus and have an Imperia account since June 2019. It is not my salary account. I have some FDs in the bank and some savings. I never had any credit card ever in my life and was using mainly debit cards, cash or PhonePe for my daily transactions. I had taken two loans - one a home loan way back in 2010 which finished in 2015 due to pre-payment by me. The other was a car loan again way back in 2014 which again finished in 2021. My CIBIL score (which I checked on 7th May 2024 after getting the Infinia) showed NH (i.e. No History). I also have a demat account in HDFC Securities with a portfolio of about Rs 6-8 L (it keeps on fluctuating based on the market upheavals). This will give an idea to the readers on the eligibility requirements for Infinia. With due procedures, I finally received the card along in a few days' time along with two Priority Pass cards and one Add-on card. The Add-on card holder is also having an HDFC Imperia Account with some savings in it and a demat account in HDFC Securities with a portfolio of about Rs 4-5 L. The Add-on card had a different number and CVV from the primary card. My Infinia Metal Credit Cards - Primary and Add-on both were based on Mastercard World.

2. How to Use Infinia. In the time period between the start of the issue process and receipt of the card, I scoured numerous sites to see how to use Infinia in the best possible manner. I also came across numerous threads on the TF site wherein numerous facets of Infinia were discussed thread bare. So, I decided to compile a comprehensive guide on how to use Infinia. Accordingly, I collated all relevant aspects of Infinia from myriad sites and compiled all the data in a guide.

3. Contents of the Guide. The contents of the guide are tabulated below:-

Chapter​
TopicPage
1Earning Reward Points (RPs)3
2Cappings on Earning RPs14
3Redeeming RPs16
4Cappings on Redeeming RPs23
5Transferring RPs24
6Card Offers and Benefits26
7Add On Cards36
8Priority Pass (PP) Cards37
9Lounge Access39
10Other Card Details42
11Fees and Charges45
12Credit Card Statement49
13Bill Payments51
14Miscellaneous Tips57
15Customer Support71
16References
72​

4. References. I have used numerous websites and my own personal experiences in the last 2-3 months for making this guide. Some important references are given below:-

5. My Own Infinia Experience. As my Infinia Metal Credit Card was activated on 1st May 2024 coupled with the fact that it is the 1st credit card ever of my life, I am still learning to optimize its usage, as I am new to this realm. However, based on my research so far, Infinia is definitely an excellent card even today, despite its devaluation over the years. Some experts on the subject may have a different perspective, based on their personal usage and experiences.

6. Comprehensive Guide on Infinia Metal Credit Card. I am attaching the PDF format of the guide. It is having about 72 pages. This guide is updated as on 1st July 2024. This guide may be of some use to some people who are using Infinia or planning to obtain Infinia. I have tried my best to include all aspects of Infinia and have also included some related issues like MCC, MDR, Credit Score, et al. I have used only information available on various websites/open sources available and have spiced up some aspects based on my personal experiences. I have not re-worded the information and have merely copy - pasted the same with some minor editing. I have given the references at the end of the guide.

7. Disclaimer. All the data in this guide has been sourced, collected and collated from open sources like various blogs, articles, threads, news, bank websites, etc. and/or through Infinia concierge/customer care/personal experiences. These details/data may change from time to time. All information in this guide is for mere reference and user guidance only for Infinia Metal Credit Card users.

I am sharing my own perspectives through this thread and am also attaching the comprehensive guide on Infinia Metal Credit Card in the PDF format for easy reference. I sincerely hope that it is of some use to the reader i.e. you.

Best wishes. :)

Attachments

@Virtual King
Thanks for the guide. I got Infinia Metal 2 days back and I want to know if we can get reward points on rent payment still via redGiraffe on Payzapp. I remember some hdfc circular last month where redGiraffe transactions would not fetch reqard points. I dont have HDFC bank account.

Not sure how I missed this thread. Will read n update my comments little later but initial impressions on the pdf looks awesome.

I also need to see how can I extract my infinia card to fullest benefit

Last edited:
APGC. If there are no vouchers on Gyftr for something you are going to spend on, then check if Amazon has APGCs for them. You can pay them via ASVs bought on Gyftr through Infinia. APGC is a convenient, instant and perfect gift for every occasion to your loved ones. It can be used to shop across millions of products across Amazon or pay on any of the Amazon Pay partner websites.

From your pdf ^

Here it is mentioned (link embedded) ->
However, you cannot use the existing Amazon Pay balance, Debit/Credit Card issued outside of India or a Gift Card to purchase another Gift Card.

How do you achieve this then?

APGC. If there are no vouchers on Gyftr for something you are going to spend on, then check if Amazon has APGCs for them. You can pay them via ASVs bought on Gyftr through Infinia. APGC is a convenient, instant and perfect gift for every occasion to your loved ones. It can be used to shop across millions of products across Amazon or pay on any of the Amazon Pay partner websites.

From your pdf ^

Here it is mentioned (link embedded) ->
However, you cannot use the existing Amazon Pay balance, Debit/Credit Card issued outside of India or a Gift Card to purchase another Gift Card.

How do you achieve this then?
Other brand ke shopping vouchers hum amazon shopping voucher se le skte hain but not using amazon gift card balance, yahi keh rhe ho na bhai.
1724405433524.webp
I think it differs from gift card to gift card, kuch pe kuch payment methods allowed hote hain kuch pe sirf amazon shopping vouchers apply hoga. Trial and error karke dekhna padega hume.

I had taken two loans - one a home loan way back in 2010 which finished in 2015 due to pre-payment by me. The other was a car loan again way back in 2014 which again finished in 2021. My CIBIL score (which I checked on 7th May 2024 after getting the Infinia) showed NH (i.e. No History).
this is impossible, are the loans on someone else's name?

I also have a demat account in HDFC Securities with a portfolio of about Rs 6-8 L (it keeps on fluctuating based on the market upheavals).
do these consist of MF's? if yes, any regular funds? asking since generally banks only issue those, if not ignore

Dear TF Family,

1. My Infinia Metal Credit Card Journey. I have received the 1st credit card of my life - Infinia Metal - and have activated it on 1st May 2024. My Infinia journey was quite short and sweet. The process started when I finally decided to go in for a credit card which I was so far avoiding due to various reasons. I just requested my RM to give me the Infinia Metal and he took about 2-3 days and then informed me that I was eligible, and the process started. My eligibility was possibly based on these factors - I have an ITR of Rs 50 L plus and have an Imperia account since June 2019. It is not my salary account. I have some FDs in the bank and some savings. I never had any credit card ever in my life and was using mainly debit cards, cash or PhonePe for my daily transactions. I had taken two loans - one a home loan way back in 2010 which finished in 2015 due to pre-payment by me. The other was a car loan again way back in 2014 which again finished in 2021. My CIBIL score (which I checked on 7th May 2024 after getting the Infinia) showed NH (i.e. No History). I also have a demat account in HDFC Securities with a portfolio of about Rs 6-8 L (it keeps on fluctuating based on the market upheavals). This will give an idea to the readers on the eligibility requirements for Infinia. With due procedures, I finally received the card along in a few days' time along with two Priority Pass cards and one Add-on card. The Add-on card holder is also having an HDFC Imperia Account with some savings in it and a demat account in HDFC Securities with a portfolio of about Rs 4-5 L. The Add-on card had a different number and CVV from the primary card. My Infinia Metal Credit Cards - Primary and Add-on both were based on Mastercard World.

2. How to Use Infinia. In the time period between the start of the issue process and receipt of the card, I scoured numerous sites to see how to use Infinia in the best possible manner. I also came across numerous threads on the TF site wherein numerous facets of Infinia were discussed thread bare. So, I decided to compile a comprehensive guide on how to use Infinia. Accordingly, I collated all relevant aspects of Infinia from myriad sites and compiled all the data in a guide.

3. Contents of the Guide. The contents of the guide are tabulated below:-

Chapter​
TopicPage
1Earning Reward Points (RPs)3
2Cappings on Earning RPs14
3Redeeming RPs16
4Cappings on Redeeming RPs23
5Transferring RPs24
6Card Offers and Benefits26
7Add On Cards36
8Priority Pass (PP) Cards37
9Lounge Access39
10Other Card Details42
11Fees and Charges45
12Credit Card Statement49
13Bill Payments51
14Miscellaneous Tips57
15Customer Support71
16References
72​

4. References. I have used numerous websites and my own personal experiences in the last 2-3 months for making this guide. Some important references are given below:-

5. My Own Infinia Experience. As my Infinia Metal Credit Card was activated on 1st May 2024 coupled with the fact that it is the 1st credit card ever of my life, I am still learning to optimize its usage, as I am new to this realm. However, based on my research so far, Infinia is definitely an excellent card even today, despite its devaluation over the years. Some experts on the subject may have a different perspective, based on their personal usage and experiences.

6. Comprehensive Guide on Infinia Metal Credit Card. I am attaching the PDF format of the guide. It is having about 72 pages. This guide is updated as on 1st July 2024. This guide may be of some use to some people who are using Infinia or planning to obtain Infinia. I have tried my best to include all aspects of Infinia and have also included some related issues like MCC, MDR, Credit Score, et al. I have used only information available on various websites/open sources available and have spiced up some aspects based on my personal experiences. I have not re-worded the information and have merely copy - pasted the same with some minor editing. I have given the references at the end of the guide.

7. Disclaimer. All the data in this guide has been sourced, collected and collated from open sources like various blogs, articles, threads, news, bank websites, etc. and/or through Infinia concierge/customer care/personal experiences. These details/data may change from time to time. All information in this guide is for mere reference and user guidance only for Infinia Metal Credit Card users.

I am sharing my own perspectives through this thread and am also attaching the comprehensive guide on Infinia Metal Credit Card in the PDF format for easy reference. I sincerely hope that it is of some use to the reader i.e. you.

Best wishes. :)
before all of that, kudos on the effort alone
looks very comprehensive and will take some time to completely go through

how were you able to generate the PDF? which tool did you use?

Thanks for preparing this detailed documents, must have put in massive amount time and efforts. Best Wishes!

I was checking Apple products through redemption of rewards points, seems not all the products are listed. Also the iPhone 15 is still listed for 80k where the prices have been reduced officially. Was looking to buy iPad 10th Gen by redeeming reward points, but couldn't locate the product in the redemption options, Or I am missing something?

Back