• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My IDFC Wealth Card Success Story

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I got the IDFC First Select Card at my first attempt in March 2022 with a CL of 3L. Six months down the line I requested an upgrade to Wealth card. They said card cannot be upgraded to wealth with CL of 3L. They asked for my 3 months income proof for LE but after validating the same didn't even give any LE and declined the upgrade request to wealth. Tried again after another 6 months and again faced same story. After another 6 months they finally gave a LE of 30K but declined upgrade to Wealth. That is when I came across some threads sharing the trick to get the Wealth card. But as I had just taken a BT offer I had to wait till 10th May to get the rewards of the BT offer before I could close the select card. Reward redemption, payment of reward redemption fee took some time but finally got the Select card closed on 22nd May.

I tried applying for the Wealth card immediately after getting the card closure SMS but kept getting error message saying previous application is in process. As suggested in the other threads I used different mobile number but kept getting the same error so finally wrote to customer support. Surprisingly, they asked me to apply from the app and it worked. I entered monthly salary as Rs. 3,30,000 and selected existing card as HDFC Regalia Card with CL=8L. It showed me Wealth card with CL=10L.

I submitted my application on 24th May and completed VKYC. First attempt at VKYC was a failure as I tried from laptop and PAN card image was not captured well through the laptop camera. Tried again from mobile and this time VKYC was successful. Subsequently got SMS for CIBIL hit as well. But I kept on getting SMS for completing KYC and on clicking on VKYC link it was taking me to the new application page. Called customer care, they said status is showing as KYC pending.

So, finally on 28th May I decided to click on the home KYC link and scheduled a home KYC for 30th May. Till now application status was shown as VKYC after scheduling home KYC the status was shown as EKYC and Application Submitted status was ticked along with current date time stamp.

The person arrived much later than the scheduled slot. He did only Aadhaar biometric validation. Application verified was ticked with the date time stamp.

Next day afternoon got the SMS card is approved and I was able to see the card in the app.

Thanks to Technofino and fellow members for sharing the trick using which I finally got the card. Although the card has lost its glory after the recent devaluation, it still is my first Visa Infinite card.

1717232957093.png

Update:
3rd June: Card received through Bluedart.
4th June: Dreamfolks card received through Bluedart.

Last edited:
What is the benefit of Ashva card? Is it LTF?
Not LTF. Application Within 30th September Joining fees will be recovered. Rest benefits you can go through here.

Not LTF. Application Within 30th September Joining fees will be recovered. Rest benefits you can go through here.

Thanks. I was not aware of these card launches. But after going through it I feel it was better that I wasn't aware of these cards existence. I don't see any real difference with the existing cards sets of Wealth and Select. Why will anyone pay such fees for these cards? Totally redundant cards. Poor product strategy, unless they are going to withdraw Wealth and Select.

Back