• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My IDFC Wealth cc journey from 5 cibil enquiries to approval

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My biggest wish is to get a ltf premium cc and going with the hype I selected IDFC wealth CC{1 year back}

9 months back I applied Online,
First i entered sal 3L & existing cc 6L icici and gave nearest serviceable pincode, I got select cc only - 1st cibil enquiry done
Then came back & I changed sal to 4L, still select cc came. - 2nd enquiry done
Then i understood idfc algorithm that it doesn't due to income and its due to pincode. Finally i gave metro city pincode of my frd, then i got select cc without docs, wealth cc with docs. - 3rd enquiry done

I thought with docs in the sense i can give any good bank statement and c2c statement and proceeded with wealth with docs. Submitted application, did vkyc. I told wfh during office verification, my frd managed home verification. Then one fine day, idfc auditor called and said we need ur salary slips and statement showing 3L above credits. He instantly rejected my application.

Then i gave up online application and wanted to go through preapproved route.
Opened idfc salary account online and kept good funds. Still no luck for 3 months.

Then in this TF forum, one guy shared rm details who can upgrade to wealth account and apply wealth cc. He cheated me by upgrading to select account instead of wealth account. And for wealth cc, he applied using my 2nd no., even though i said don't do it, still he proceeded by saying its different. He entered my aadhar pincode which is not serviceable and got wow cc option. Such a dumb guy. 4th enquiry done.

Then I contacted local RM and BM and pressurised them by saying I'm maintaining good funds, I want wealth cc or I would close account. He talked to credit card supervisor and he's sure of getting it too. To my bad luck, when he searched using my pan card, all these 4 applications pulled up, so he said we can't do right now u need to wait for 6 months.

Then fed up and removed all balance in IDFC and ignored idfc for 5 months.

On Jan 22 2024,I finally wanted to try my luck as recently i got LE in icici from 6L to 12L. So I'm confident of getting wealth without docs.

I filled application, put salary 3.5L & existing cc icici 12L,gave my frd home and office addresses as they are metro pincodes. 5th enquiry done.
To my surprise, I got directly wealth without docs with limit 8.97L (quite odd).
Selected rupay cc at end of the application because of combined statement feature. After 4 days, home verification done as my frd attended on my behalf. Luckily no office verification.
Yesterday i.e on 1st feb my wealth cc along with rupay cc approved with same 8.97L.

Sorry for the long story 😉. Its quite a journey 😁

Himanshuch

TF Buzz
I got idfc wealth card in one shot. Entered my actual salary which is way below 3 lakhs per month, but it seems my existing credit card with 11.4 Lakhs limit did the trick. Card was approved within 2 days and it should be delivered by this week end.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I got idfc wealth card in one shot. Entered my actual salary which is way below 3 lakhs per month, but it seems my existing credit card with 11.4 Lakhs limit did the trick. Card was approved within 2 days and it should be delivered by this week end.
congrats for wealth card bro...

is it new IDFC application or closed existing IDFC credit card and reapplied for wealth card??
is 11.4L ur highest limit??? card used for C2C?
cibil score??

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Good info. So it also depends on pin code. My non serviceable pin code always gave me wow. Btw Did you had to contact them each time to delete your pending application?

Himanshuch

TF Buzz
congrats for wealth card bro...

is it new IDFC application or closed existing IDFC credit card and reapplied for wealth card??
is 11.4L ur highest limit??? card used for C2C?
cibil score??
It was a new application.
11.4L is the highest limit yes. I applied online and it showed me wealth card automatically. Cibil close to 790.

SonyTom

TF Premier
Had applied for wealth. Showed select (with no income proof). On scrolling down, it showed wealth 5L limit, but I have to submit income proof. Submitted it. Do they do office and home verification?

cardio_guy

TF Ace
It also depends on PAN I think. I have always got WOW card. Even after trying with all sort of existing card and salary limit, it shows WOW only. Maybe a combination of PAN, PIN code, salary, existing card, and maybe mobile number too. :)

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Had applied for wealth. Showed select (with no income proof). On scrolling down, it showed wealth 5L limit, but I have to submit income proof. Submitted it. Do they do office and home verification?
with income proof option , they pakka do office verification. After physical verification, they will ask salary slip and bank statement

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It also depends on PAN I think. I have always got WOW card. Even after trying with all sort of existing card and salary limit, it shows WOW only. Maybe a combination of PAN, PIN code, salary, existing card, and maybe mobile number too. :)
Getting wow card everytime means it's only due to your pincode unless you are very new to credit with no history.