• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My Journey to Getting Approved for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card

Juganta

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After a rollercoaster ride, I'm thrilled to announce that my application for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card has been approved today! šŸŽ‰ Here's a short thread sharing my journey:

1/ Starting Point: I decided to apply for the Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card on 5th March with the help of @coolguy1

2/ Upon submitting my application, I received a conditional Credit approval message, indicating that I was pre-approved for a credit limit ranging from 3.6 lakhs to 4.1 lakhs.

3/ After submission of application Amex asked for income docs, i provided Bank Statement, Pay Slip (90k salary). Then they asked for Form 16 or ITR, while i dont have form 16 but provided ITR with 5 Lac only, To my surprise, my application was denied shortly after the conditional approval, citing that my income did not meet their internal criteria.

4/ I reached out to American Express to provide updated income documentation, including my recent (ITR) 6.9 Lac, which reflected a higher income. I requested reconsideration of my application. (Rejected , and then i escalated to RBI BO)

5/ Today, I received the news I've been waiting for ā€“ my application has been approved! šŸŽŠ After a series of discussions and providing additional documentation, American Express recognized my eligibility for the Platinum Travel Credit Card.

8/ Conclusion: Despite initial setbacks, I remained persistent and ultimately achieved success.
Thanks to TF Community
. WhatsApp Image 2024-05-07 at 7.50.37 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,
Iā€™m new to credit card world and after knowing all the benefits of CCs I also want to own few cards like Amex Platinum Travel card.

For this card eligibility say we should be a credit card holder, is this requirement very strict? I donā€™t have any CC as of now.

If it is really required Iā€™m planning to apply for a lifetime free credit card just to be eligible.

Iā€™m self employed with six point five lac ITR since more than 5 years.

Please help.

Hi,
Iā€™m new to credit card world and after knowing all the benefits of CCs I also want to own few cards like Amex Platinum Travel card.

For this card eligibility say we should be a credit card holder, is this requirement very strict? I donā€™t have any CC as of now.

If it is really required Iā€™m planning to apply for a lifetime free credit card just to be eligible.

Please help.
It is advised that your first card shouldn't be amex, it's better to have an unsecured card before applying to their card. You do meet the income eligibility tho.

Hi,

Please help.
As a 1st step you should apply an entry level CC with the bank where you hold Current/Savings AC. for better approval chances.
or apply an Secured CC from any suitable bank.
After 3,4 months you can try for an Amex card .
Also check before applying whether your city comes under Amex serviceable city or not.

As a 1st step you should apply an entry level CC with the bank where you hold Current/Savings AC. for better approval chances.
or apply an Secured CC from any suitable bank.
After 3,4 months you can try for an Amex card .
Also check before applying whether your city comes under Amex serviceable city or not.
Gauhati se ho bhai?

@Infamous thank you for your response. Can you please elaborate on what do you mean by unsecured card?
Secured card means CC obtained against an FD.
Its difficult to get a first CC if you donā€™t have a good cibil score. So people apply for secured card to build up cibil and credit history.

If you have a good cibil score, you can apply for any credit card you like, the easiest one to get being Amazon Pay ICICI credit card.

After at least 3 months (ideally 6 months) of use of new credit card, apply for AMEX card. But dont apply platinum travel. Apply for MRCC since platinum travel is difficult to get for self employed. I am not saying you wont get Platinum travel, but its less probable.

When applying donā€™t hesitate to use my referral

Well its my time to express my gratitude to people who actually deserve them in helping me in getting Platinum Travel Approved.

A Big Thanks to @SSV

Right from helping me in taking the correct card based on my spends, a set of questionnaires that ensures that I actually have my docs ready , responding to every noob questions and helping with all the possibilities, I have got my Amex Platinum Travel approved today.

Applied on Saturday and could have been approved on Monday only but I had uploaded Salary Statement and Bank Statement based on which Amex asked me again to upload ITR and Form 26 AS.

Key Takeaways - Under documents requested from Amex , please upload ITR and Form 26AS to get the approval faster.

Looking forward to learn from the community and contribute based on my experience šŸ™‚ šŸ˜

Well its my time to express my gratitude to people who actually deserve them in helping me in getting Platinum Travel Approved.

A Big Thanks to @SSV

Right from helping me in taking the correct card based on my spends, a set of questionnaires that ensures that I actually have my docs ready , responding to every noob questions and helping with all the possibilities, I have got my Amex Platinum Travel approved today.

Applied on Saturday and could have been approved on Monday only but I had uploaded Salary Statement and Bank Statement based on which Amex asked me again to upload ITR and Form 26 AS.

Key Takeaways - Under documents requested from Amex , please upload ITR and Form 26AS to get the approval faster.

Looking forward to learn from the community and contribute based on my experience šŸ™‚ šŸ˜
Excellent .. Welcome to the Amex club..
Glad that I could help you in getting your first Amex card..

I always prefer to approach any task with careful attention and proper planning and execution.....
Glad that it worked out for you just like many others that I helped here in the past...

I am sure there is great wealth of information here to learn from and get benfitted from ....
Enjoy ...

Last edited:
Back