• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My journey to secure ICICI Sapphiro LTF

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello folks,

I see everyone shares their journey of securing Infinia or DCB or Emerald!!!

I don’t think I could get my hand on any of those super premium ones in near future… so I’m here to share my story of securing ICICI Sapphiro LTF to celebrate my success 😂😂😂

I have a long standing relationship with ICICI in the form of 11 year old salary account!!! Few days back when I logged into my net banking, I checked the colour theme is changed to black, it means my account is converted to WM account

I called my RM to know if I can get any special privilege for this upgrade

Initially I asked for WM visa infinite dc… which she denied quoting my account is not “fully” WM, hence I won’t get that card

I guess she was also not sure about this and tried to just make me understand something rubbish

I escalated this issue over email to Pno and got a call from her manager
She explained the things about WM (it has 3 variants and I was upgraded to the lowest one which apparently has no special value over the privilege account)

Still I tried to fight to get something out of nothing and demanded Sapphiro LTF… again I got denied and she said I would need to get min 2L salary credit for that

Then I threatened them to shift my salary account elsewhere and they were still indifferent…. So I dropped off assuming there is no sense of fighting on that

After an hour I got a call from her and she said I would get sapphiro LTF and her colleague processed my application then and there

I got the card within 3 days!!!!

Received my Sapphiro dual (MC AMEX)

Attachments

• IMG_7111.jpeg
    IMG_7111.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79

viswanath.t

TF Select
Contributor
What is the reward rate of the card?
2 reward points for rs.100 spend on visa&MC, 3 reward points for rs.100 spend on Amex in domastic. 1pt=25pais. if one spends 12lac it would be 0.9% return else 0.3%.
4pts & 6pts International spends though effectively gives negative returns.
basically these cards can be used for card offers, lounges(5k spend in previous quarter) and Bookmyshow BOGO(twice on visa, once on MC&amex each in a month and visa,MC gives instant discount upto rs.500 & amex gives cashback upto rs.500, that to only on request to customer because it isn't automatic).

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
2 reward points for rs.100 spend on visa&MC, 3 reward points for rs.100 spend on Amex in domastic. 1pt=25pais. if one spends 12lac it would be 0.9% return else 0.3%.
4pts & 6pts International spends though effectively gives negative returns.
basically these cards can be used for card offers, lounges(5k spend in previous quarter) and Bookmyshow BOGO(twice on visa, once on MC&amex each in a month and visa,MC gives instant discount upto rs.500 & amex gives cashback upto rs.500, that to only on request to customer because it isn't automatic).
If I apply for add on card on sapphiro, shall I get another dreamfolks physical card for add on international lounge access?

viswanath.t

TF Select
Contributor
If I apply for add on card on sapphiro, shall I get another dreamfolks physical card for add on international lounge access?
i don't know about it as i haven't applied , but for sapphiro even addons are eligible so it should receive df card i think and u need apply separately for each variant.
pleases let me the status after u receive addon, thank u

Chitra007

TF Select
Did they tell u that it would be a LTF card when it was actually a paid card?

Then I need to check as well!!!
Should I wait 30 days for auto-cancelling of this credit card without activation or should I close by informing customer care?

I'm worried that the charges will be levied before the next statement so before that I want to be sure this credit card should be cancelled or converted to ltf.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Should I wait 30 days for auto-cancelling of this credit card without activation or should I close by informing customer care?

I'm worried that the charges will be levied before the next statement so before that I want to be sure this credit card should be cancelled or converted to ltf.
Suggest you to connect with ICICI Pno and get the written confirmation

Their pno Helpdesk doesn’t generally delay a lot!!!