• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My personal experience with raising an issue with RBI Ombudsman

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just sharing my personal experience with issues related to Axis credit card and Sbi loans.

SBI Issue
Around 5 years back opened joint home loan with SBI. Apparently they have also added another joint home loan account in my name without me knowing anything about it. I had no clue about credit report back then and no idea about all these. Last year end when getting credit report for 1st time was shocked to see 2 home loan in my name. Straight away went to SBI and they said its a misreport and promised to get it resolved in a week. One week later sure enough account is gone in net banking and i left the issue thinking it got solved. Again credit report this year and the loan account was not removed and again saw the same loan account in closed/matured section in net banking even though i can see the person paying EMI still. So they just marked it as closed in my account and not removing it all together.

This time sent mail to SBI grievance and customer care and they promised to resolve and nothing after that. Again went to branch manager and he said it was removed and after showing its still in account, he again promised he will remove it again. And a month passed by and nothing happened, this is when I raised issue with RBI Ombudsman. And the very next day, the same branch manager called me in my personal number and asked me to check in net banking, now they removed it all together in net banking. And a week later it got removed in credit report too. This same guy said there was no issue and account got removed and all this nonsense and after RBI complaint, it gets resolved in a week! And SBI have also made 5 hard enquiries during all this process and I'm still debating whether to raise a complaint again.

Axis Issue

In case of Axis, they decided to add a not-activated credit card to credit report. Hit them an email and they acknowledged it and said it will be removed from credit report in a month. After following up for 2 months decided to raise issue with RBI. As expected someone calls me the next day but this time they started saying bullshit to me to cancel my card. I was adamant Axis has to cancel card on their own and remove in credit report but Axis said they can't do that. Not sure why they tried to do that. They even sent an email that i was wrong and all credit cards even if not activated will get reported in credit report which got me really confused if Axis is right. After confirming with some members in this forum, i googled for RBI rules and sent them the link in reply mail and said i'll further escalate with RBI and ask for compensation. Well they immediately replied and apologized and told me CC will get removed in cibil report. In a single day it got removed in credit report. Not sure why Axis chose to play it like this.

So anyway if you are in similar situation with bank complains, just create an issue with RBI. Banks will call you to fix the issue!

Well, sometimes B.O. are deafs & they listen to only bank's opinion, what they say.
Yes you are right I have recently raised a complaint with rbi asking for a specific reason why my credit card is rejected bank responded to rbi saying it's depend on multiple criteria they can't disclose any specify reason. Rbi closed the complaint as non appealable. Huge waste of time. Rbi made a regulation that specific reason has to be disclosed but they itself not following it.

Yes you are right I have recently raised a complaint with rbi asking for a specific reason why my credit card is rejected bank responded to rbi saying it's depend on multiple criteria they can't disclose any specify reason. Rbi closed the complaint as non appealable. Huge waste of time. Rbi made a regulation that specific reason has to be disclosed but they itself not following it.
True. Same happened in the case of Sumanta's ICICI credit card annual fees case.

B.O. closed the case un appealable.

My experience is that the B.O. don't verify the bank's claim. Simple close the issue as soon as they receive a response from Bank.

HDFC informed B.O. that the inquiry is removed. But it is not really removed. B.O. didn't bother to check, simply closed it under non-appealable clauses.

Same thing with SBI, informed B.O that they have initiated inquiry removal and B.O. closed the issue under non-appealable clauses. Had to file another issue against SBI and CIBIL for lying. Then it was resolved. Took 3-4 months.

Axis is the worst, they have some setting inside RBI I think. I have filed 2 cases against Axis, but both got closed by CRIF. No even a email or phone from Axis. Case acknowledgment says case filed against Axis bank, the closure intimation says case against CRIF is closed. Never filed case against CRIF.

Back