• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My SBI UNDERTAKER Credit Card

Sachs

TF Select
Have been trying to write this post for quite sometime. But here it is finally.

My first CC was SBI simply save. It was the card with which I had paid mimimum balances. It was the card on which I made two payment defaults. It was the card with which I learned what is a Credit Card. It was the card with which I learned what billing cycle means. But with time I realised this was not the card for me as I upgraded to SBI prime & later got many other rewarding cards like Amazon Pay, HDFC Regalia, Flipkart Axis etc. Last year I downgraded my SBI prime to Simply click (just for the festive offers). Very recently when I got to know that I will not get RP after 10% discount, I decided to get a fuel card which which I obtained by converting to SBI BPCL Card.

When 5% CB card came up. I wasted no time in applying via SBI sprint. After about 20 working days, 9 to 10 "verification calls" & physical verification by two guys, multiple confusing SMSes from SBI. (All of them said the same thing, "your card is approved you only need to verify the details & agree to the limit") my application got rejected. Also after a few I found out that my application was rejected my CRED app told me that I had annual fee which was reflected on a card.

I was shocked. A card that was no more had come back from the dead. I was reminded of my childhood WWF wrestling prodigy "The Undertaker"

When I called the customer care, the naive sounding lady told me my card application was rejected because I already hold two cards.
I was astonished. She had a different story to tell me. She told me that this Simply Save Card was never closed. I had (according to her) applied for a fresh card when I got PRIME. I was for a moment stunned.

I recovered after a moment. I asked her how come I have not recieved any statement in 2020 or 2021. I asked her why I have not been charged annual fee for these two years?

Now it was her turn to be perplexed. After a gap she said she does not know & she told me that she can take a request for fee reversal followed by card closure. After one week of follow up another executive told me that this card does not exist which probably meant my request had gone through.

I was flabbergasted by this card which had literally risen from the dead. On one hand my CB card got rejected. On the other hand I had to call the useless SBI customer care multiple times to get this card closed.

I recently casually checked in the SBI cards website.
"Lo and behold........!!!!!"
The Undertaker simply refuses to die....!!!!

The simply save card was still showing in the website. I called custcare again. But the executive simply told me there is only one card showing in the system.

As a child I was thrilled to watch the Undertaker. But this card is not at all thrilling.

I dont know when I will be able to apply for CB card again (SBI sprint simply takes me to complete my old form again telling me I have an application in process, which ends up telling me the golden words "I dont satisfy their internal criteria")

Any advise about when to apply for the Cashback Card & how to ensure card closure(Who knows after 1 or two years this card can come back from dead again:ninja:🤷‍♀️) is welcome 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Attachments

• Undertaker CC.jpg
    Undertaker CC.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 44
  • undertaker-eyes.gif
    undertaker-eyes.gif
    621.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
This is no undertaker or John Cena.
Card will show under SBI cards. But it will be inactive if you have already closed the card.

How much cards you have under the mobile number registered it will all be listed no matter if its closed or not.

As you already told you haven't got any statement or annual fees then no need to worry.

Peace :)

Have been trying to write this post for quite sometime. But here it is finally.

My first CC was SBI simply save. It was the card with which I had paid mimimum balances. It was the card on which I made two payment defaults. It was the card with which I learned what is a Credit Card. It was the card with which I learned what billing cycle means. But with time I realised this was not the card for me as I upgraded to SBI prime & later got many other rewarding cards like Amazon Pay, HDFC Regalia, Flipkart Axis etc. Last year I downgraded my SBI prime to Simply click (just for the festive offers). Very recently when I got to know that I will not get RP after 10% discount, I decided to get a fuel card which which I obtained by converting to SBI BPCL Card.

When 5% CB card came up. I wasted no time in applying via SBI sprint. After about 20 working days, 9 to 10 "verification calls" & physical verification by two guys, multiple confusing SMSes from SBI. (All of them said the same thing, "your card is approved you only need to verify the details & agree to the limit") my application got rejected. Also after a few I found out that my application was rejected my CRED app told me that I had annual fee which was reflected on a card.

I was shocked. A card that was no more had come back from the dead. I was reminded of my childhood WWF wrestling prodigy "The Undertaker"

When I called the customer care, the naive sounding lady told me my card application was rejected because I already hold two cards.
I was astonished. She had a different story to tell me. She told me that this Simply Save Card was never closed. I had (according to her) applied for a fresh card when I got PRIME. I was for a moment stunned.

I recovered after a moment. I asked her how come I have not recieved any statement in 2020 or 2021. I asked her why I have not been charged annual fee for these two years?

Now it was her turn to be perplexed. After a gap she said she does not know & she told me that she can take a request for fee reversal followed by card closure. After one week of follow up another executive told me that this card does not exist which probably meant my request had gone through.

I was flabbergasted by this card which had literally risen from the dead. On one hand my CB card got rejected. On the other hand I had to call the useless SBI customer care multiple times to get this card closed.

I recently casually checked in the SBI cards website.
"Lo and behold........!!!!!"
The Undertaker simply refuses to die....!!!!

The simply save card was still showing in the website. I called custcare again. But the executive simply told me there is only one card showing in the system.

As a child I was thrilled to watch the Undertaker. But this card is not at all thrilling.

I dont know when I will be able to apply for CB card again (SBI sprint simply takes me to complete my old form again telling me I have an application in process, which ends up telling me the golden words "I dont satisfy their internal criteria")

Any advise about when to apply for the Cashback Card & how to ensure card closure(Who knows after 1 or two years this card can come back from dead again:ninja:🤷‍♀️) is welcome 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Nice humorous write up...
To get SBICB card use different mobile and partner/spouse PAN freshly.
Closed cards different banks treat differently and so far ICICI is best in that aspect, I closed a couple of ICICI cards and immediate next month those reflected in CIBIL which i took SS for future records.

This is no undertaker or John Cena.
Card will show under SBI cards. But it will be inactive if you have already closed the card.

How much cards you have under the mobile number registered it will all be listed no matter if its closed or not.

As you already told you haven't got any statement or annual fees then no need to worry.

Peace :)
But I did get a statement after two years that reflected annual fee. I had to get it reversed

Nice humorous write up...
To get SBICB card use different mobile and partner/spouse PAN freshly.
Closed cards different banks treat differently and so far ICICI is best in that aspect, I closed a couple of ICICI cards and immediate next month those reflected in CIBIL which i took SS for future records.
My Experian credit report is showing as closed only. THat report predated all this drama

Back