• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My story with Accounts and cards

reach2dpg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am a salaried person for 10 years. Never cared about premium Savings accounts and credit cards. I was in a dream world (i.e., The matrix) and was very happy to beg ₹1-2 from CRED and 1% cashbacks from Credit cards. My Credit card portfolio till Dec 2023 was:

Citibank Rewards Card: Closed in Mid-2023 due to non-usage
ICICI Amazon: Primary card for all spends, CL: 2L (Eligible for 13.4L CL extension)
ICICI Platinum: Received in 2018, used for cashback offers, CL: 1.5L-2L(Eligible for 13.4L CL extension)
ICICI Rubyx Rupay: Received on Mid 2023 through salary account: CL shared with ICICI Platinum.
ICICI Coral: Received in Jan 2024, CL shared with ICICI Platinum
Applied for Tata Neu+ from the app

I thought getting ICICI Rubyx was a huge achievement. Then came my "Blue Pill" moment: The TF link for BEST 2024 CREDIT CARDS . And you can guess my reaction :D
And my next steps:
Salary account: Immediately switched to HDFC preferred. ICICI would have offered me Sapphiro which may be at par or less than Regalia.
Applied for Credit limit extensions to all existing cards.
Cancelled Tata Neu+ card on the day it was delivered. In cooldown period for next 6 months before applying for the next card. I was anyways getting a MB+ from HDFC. I guess this period will also allow me to build my profile through salary credits.
Applied Axis Airtel and received it within 2 weeks (Am I lucky?)
Applied for Amex Platinum Travel and it was approved last week.

Next up: HDFC DCB pvc/metal when offered. If not Regalia Gold. This will be the core card till I get something better 🙂

Among all this mayhem ICICI thought it fit to upgrade me to Wealth ... lol

Thought to share :)

All is well and good. Congrats to you.
Though for the following point "Applied for Credit limit extensions to all existing cards."; dont increase CL on all cards, just keep 2-3 cards with high limits at max. Let others remain with lower limits

Though for the following point "Applied for Credit limit extensions to all existing cards."; dont increase CL on all cards, just keep 2-3 cards with high limits at max. Let others remain with lower limits
Noted. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any specific reason for that?? Mostly we all jump at the LE offer as soon as it's offered... Reduces utilisation ratio... Anything I'm missing? Is it over leverage??

How u got it... Pre-approved or via contacting customer care.
It’s given to me due to my salary account. If you are an employee, check the dedicated bank POCs for your organisation. They may suggest a card based on your eligibility.

Could you care to explain why?

Whats the benefit to this ? I am increasing my credit limit in all my cards when they offer

Back