• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Advice : Close Millenia and Then Apply for DCB or wait for per-Approved offer

Akshays

TF Select
So as the Title Suggests, I need advice on best path forward to get Diners Club Black.

I currently have LTF Millenia. I sent mail to grievance redressal team seeking for an upgrade to DCB. My Millenia limit is 3.49L. It does not meet their C2C upgrade criteria but My net salary credit does meet the DCB criteria. Inspite of that the grievance redressal team rejected upgrade request. In my original mail, I did mention that my salary meets their DCB requirement, still on the reply, they didn't ask for salary slip or anything.

" We infer from your e-mail that you are interested in upgrading your Millennia card into Diners club black Card.

We take this opportunity to inform you that, the credit cards are offered, basis usage and payment pattern on the card account. We have reviewed your queries and regret to inform you that, we are unable to accommodate your request for an upgrade credit card at this point of time. We seek your kind understanding and co-operation in this regard."

1. What's the way forward for me? should I simply close Millenia, wait for 90 Days and reapply for DCB as new card basis the income? Is there a guarantee that they will issue DCB as new card?

2. I already have Tata Neu Infinity too, will this further create problems to get the core card from them since after closure of Millenia , I won't be having core card from them?

3. Wait for an offer from them? Come to think of it, I have recently opened preferred banking account with them. When and Where do the pre-approved Credit card offers show up on the Netbanking? So far I cannot see anything on netbanking.

Thanks a bunch to many people on the thread, in lieu of any clarity from bank side as to what their 'Internal Criteria' are, this is the best place to get some direction for future course of action.

First I'll attempt via RM, he kinda owes me a favor so hope he tries his best to get it done. If there is no luck then

I'll attempt limit enhancement by printing form and sending it to Chennai office with 3 month's salary slips. Since my income has almost tripled from the time I got millennia initially, i hope my income proof will do the trick to shoot the limit above 5L.

Then I will ask for upgrade to DCB.

Hopefully this will do the trick. If not then, well, I might have to resort to spamming nodal email IDs... and hope it sticks...

If not then screw HDFC, I'll focus on Amex Trifecta and Atlas(while axis is still not screwing it up)
True bro , even I am in same boat and getting feeling like SCREW HDFC DCB and INFINIA , let's concentrate on other premium such as AMEX TRIFECTA cards and maximise earnings

I was in the same boat. First, I mailed Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com for upgrade to DCB. Denied.
Then, I mailed for credit limit enhancement with salary slips and bank account statement. They increased my limit from 3.25l to 6l.
Then, I mailed again for upgrade to DCB and this time it was accepted.
All thi happenes within 1.5-2 months.
Hey..
I got Millenia card recently(less than 90days) as NTB(new to bank) customer..... Though i have other CCs with >8.5L(ICICI), 5L ( IndusInd) ,6L (Amex) they approved with 25k limit....
I cant even touch the quarterly milestone of 1L ...
Thinking of taking the above route mentioned.... not sure.. if they will approve CLE.... as its a new card...

But one other misstep I did now is i moved my salary account to HDFC.. thinking it might add value... but from other threads.. this might be a wrong move...

Thanks a bunch to many people on the thread, in lieu of any clarity from bank side as to what their 'Internal Criteria' are, this is the best place to get some direction for future course of action.

First I'll attempt via RM, he kinda owes me a favor so hope he tries his best to get it done. If there is no luck then

I'll attempt limit enhancement by printing form and sending it to Chennai office with 3 month's salary slips. Since my income has almost tripled from the time I got millennia initially, i hope my income proof will do the trick to shoot the limit above 5L.

Then I will ask for upgrade to DCB.

Hopefully this will do the trick. If not then, well, I might have to resort to spamming nodal email IDs... and hope it sticks...

If not then screw HDFC, I'll focus on Amex Trifecta and Atlas(while axis is still not screwing it up)
Were you able to get DCB with this route... ? Kindly update...

Also, by any chance.. they will consider other bank CCs spend of 6L in last six months ??? even after getting Millenia(25k limit) ... I had other higher spends on diff CCs..
Not sure , if 25k limit can be moved greater than 3L in one shot...

I wished to get DCB sooner... but now that they launched metal version... chances of this card become obsolete are higher..

Were you able to get DCB with this route... ? Kindly update...

Also, by any chance.. they will consider other bank CCs spend of 6L in last six months ??? even after getting Millenia(25k limit) ... I had other higher spends on diff CCs..
Not sure , if 25k limit can be moved greater than 3L in one shot...

I wished to get DCB sooner... but now that they launched metal version... chances of this card become obsolete are higher..
Sent application for Limit Increase with Upgrade last week through branch route. No response yet, hopefully will hear something back this week.

Update :

I shared my income documents (more than 1.75L salary credit in HDFC account itself) along with Limit Increase + Upgrade form via Branch route 2 weeks back. Got the email from HDFC today, stating they are unable to provide me the Upgrade to DCB (bank's internal criteria). Limit increase was done though, from 3.5 to 4.5L. BTW, I had 3.5L limit when my income was less than half of what I make today.

Seems most of the 'Internal' criteria has to do with Credit Card usage rather than income eligibility or Cibil Score (I am eligible on income and my Cibil is 750+). My spends on my current core card, Millenia, have been about 70k or so in last year.

It has been 3 months since I opened Preferred banking relationship with them. So far no pre-approved offers.

Can you guys advice what's best course of action from hereon? Should I try again? I don't think they'll entrtain another uopgrade request in 1-2 month's time. right?

I am again contemplating closign my Millenia and applying for a fresh card after 3-4 months.

In any case, Spending more on Millenia is not an option, I have Atlas, Magnus, Platinum Travel, SBI Cashback etc.... These are better cards than Millenia any day. Not likely to spend more on Millenia than other cards, just to seek an upgrade.

Update :

I shared my income documents (more than 1.75L salary credit in HDFC account itself) along with Limit Increase + Upgrade form via Branch route 2 weeks back. Got the email from HDFC today, stating they are unable to provide me the Upgrade to DCB (bank's internal criteria). Limit increase was done though, from 3.5 to 4.5L. BTW, I had 3.5L limit when my income was less than half of what I make today.

Seems most of the 'Internal' criteria has to do with Credit Card usage rather than income eligibility or Cibil Score (I am eligible on income and my Cibil is 750+). My spends on my current core card, Millenia, have been about 70k or so in last year.

It has been 3 months since I opened Preferred banking relationship with them. So far no pre-approved offers.

Can you guys advice what's best course of action from hereon? Should I try again? I don't think they'll entrtain another uopgrade request in 1-2 month's time. right?

I am again contemplating closign my Millenia and applying for a fresh card after 3-4 months.

In any case, Spending more on Millenia is not an option, I have Atlas, Magnus, Platinum Travel, SBI Cashback etc.... These are better cards than Millenia any day. Not likely to spend more on Millenia than other cards, just to seek an upgrade.
These are the criteria's I was asked for to get an upgrade to DCB:
1. 1.75 lakhs salary per month
2. 5 lakhs limit on existing card
3. 4 lakhs spends in last 6 months on existing HDFC card.

Since you have just now enhanced the limit so you won't be getting it again before next 6 months. Now the only option is if your RM can help to pull some strings otherwise wait for 6 months and ask for another LE and try again for an upgrade.

These are the criteria's I was asked for to get an upgrade to DCB:
1. 1.75 lakhs salary per month
2. 5 lakhs limit on existing card
3. 4 lakhs spends in last 6 months on existing HDFC card.

Since you have just now enhanced the limit so you won't be getting it again before next 6 months. Now the only option is if your RM can help to pull some strings otherwise wait for 6 months and ask for another LE and try again for an upgrade.
I suppose , if I didn't hold any HDFC card then no. 2 and 3 won't come into picture?

That's why i feel it's easier to try for DCB as a new customer, rather than going through hassles of meeting the spends criteria, because let's face it I am not sure If i will spend 4 lakhs on Millenia, especially considering cards I have.

I suppose , if I didn't hold any HDFC card then no. 2 and 3 won't come into picture?

That's why i feel it's easier to try for DCB as a new customer, rather than going through hassles of meeting the spends criteria, because let's face it I am not sure If i will spend 4 lakhs on Millenia, especially considering cards I have.
So true....
I do not have the Salary criteria..
But I have 2 & 3 in other bank cards.....
Not sure, on what basis they gave just 25k limit on Millenia...!!

I assumed even if DCB paid is offered, I would be able to get annual fee waiver with 5L spend based offer easily...!!
But now, as DCB metal is launched... not sure... if they still offer DCB pvc... also 8L spend waiver would be a bit stretch ....

Also to be noted, in the new CLE form(Oct) only DCB there.. metal version not mentioned...
Hope they do not devalue pvc to encourage metal version in near future: (

Stupid because it’s hassle for no reason. My negotiation approach was wrong in my opinion. People have upgraded from millenia to Infinite directly. My credit limit at that time was 2L, in some cases HDFC does issue Regalia to people below 3l limit but usually 3L credit limit is required for upgrade to regalia. I should’ve rather negotiated with HDFC for limit enhancement and upgrade thereafter.
I have one question based on your other thread about you applying for Regalia and getting an IOCL, What was your path to get the correct card and how much time did it take for them to acknowledge they issued different card than you applied for and eligible for and reissue the one you wanted.

Who resolved your problem , grievance redressal or priority redressal or PNO?

I have been denied DCB twice in 1.5 months now. Problem is my limit was 3.5 L and my spends on millenia were very less , may be about 70k in last year or so. Now they granted me a 4.5L limit with my recent Upgrade+LE request, but denied DCB upgrade. My RM is pretty much clueless on how he could get this done. After they rejected upgrade recently I even wrote an email explaining that I have more spends and I will shift if a better cards

The way I see it, I only have 2 practical options.

1. Spend 4-4.5L on millenia in next 6 months, hope HDFC issues another LE offer in between to bump my limit above 5L, then reapply for Upgrade and Hope they approve it that time. There's no gurantee of that either.
2. Close Millenia and apply for DCB fresh 2 months later, again, hope they actually give me the card I applied for, if they don't then it'll be waste of time again.

I have one question based on your other thread about you applying for Regalia and getting an IOCL, What was your path to get the correct card and how much time did it take for them to acknowledge they issued different card than you applied for and eligible for and reissue the one you wanted.

Who resolved your problem , grievance redressal or priority redressal or PNO?

I have been denied DCB twice in 1.5 months now. Problem is my limit was 3.5 L and my spends on millenia were very less , may be about 70k in last year or so. Now they granted me a 4.5L limit with my recent Upgrade+LE request, but denied DCB upgrade. My RM is pretty much clueless on how he could get this done. After they rejected upgrade recently I even wrote an email explaining that I have more spends and I will shift if a better cards

The way I see it, I only have 2 practical options.

1. Spend 4-4.5L on millenia in next 6 months, hope HDFC issues another LE offer in between to bump my limit above 5L, then reapply for Upgrade and Hope they approve it that time. There's no gurantee of that either.
2. Close Millenia and apply for DCB fresh 2 months later, again, hope they actually give me the card I applied for, if they don't then it'll be waste of time again.
you have atlas and sbi cashback combo, no need for dcb
if you really want it, close hdfc card and apply offline through an agent

you have atlas and sbi cashback combo, no need for dcb
if you really want it, close hdfc card and apply offline through an agent
I want DCB Metal as a stepping stone for eveentual upgrade to Infinia. Getting DCB Metal, spending 8L or more on it in 6 months at least made more sense as DCB Metal is just a 16L version of Amex Plat Travel. By that I mean, with new Quarterly milestone of 10K points on 4L spends, there is decent enough base reward rate on that card to both, do necessary spends for Infinia upgrade request and also get rewarded while doing so.

I have been holding back on at least 5L spends so that i could do them when I get a great credit card. I can't keep postponing those 5L spends forever.

I want DCB Metal as a stepping stone for eveentual upgrade to Infinia. Getting DCB Metal, spending 8L or more on it in 6 months at least made more sense as DCB Metal is just a 16L version of Amex Plat Travel. By that I mean, with new Quarterly milestone of 10K points on 4L spends, there is decent enough base reward rate on that card to both, do necessary spends for Infinia upgrade request and also get rewarded while doing so.

I have been holding back on at least 5L spends so that i could do them when I get a great credit card. I can't keep postponing those 5L spends forever.
DCB is great if you are able to actually spend 8L+ in 6 months as the acceptance level is low. if you are sure you will be able to spend that amount, talk to an agent and cancel millenia and proceed with offline process. don't apply online again

So I finally got the DCB metal, Closed down both of the HDFC cards I had (Millenia and Tata Neu Infinity) on 27th November (took 4 days to fully close) and then applied for DCB Metal via my CSRM as a new card on 14th December. I got confirmation on 24th December that my card is approved. Today I can even see it in netbanking. It will mostly get delivered on or before Thursday.

HDFC works in funny ways, on November 9th They issued me a limit increase on my Millenia on basis of my Salary slips and account number in HDFC. The limit went from 3.5L to 4.5L. A month later, on basis of same income, my DCB metal comes with 7L limit.

There are lot of people here who advise against closing HDFC card to get better variant, It might be based on their experience or policies of HDFC in past. All I can say for sure is you don't need to wait to reapply after closing HDFC card, just make sure closure is fully done and you might as well apply very next day for another variant that you actually want.

So I finally got the DCB metal, Closed down both of the HDFC cards I had (Millenia and Tata Neu Infinity) on 27th November (took 4 days to fully close) and then applied for DCB Metal via my CSRM as a new card on 14th December. I got confirmation on 24th December that my card is approved. Today I can even see it in netbanking. It will mostly get delivered on or before Thursday.

HDFC works in funny ways, on November 9th They issued me a limit increase on my Millenia on basis of my Salary slips and account number in HDFC. The limit went from 3.5L to 4.5L. A month later, on basis of same income, my DCB metal comes with 7L limit.

There are lot of people here who advise against closing HDFC card to get better variant, It might be based on their experience or policies of HDFC in past. All I can say for sure is you don't need to wait to reapply after closing HDFC card, just make sure closure is fully done and you might as well apply very next day for another variant that you actually want.
I had moneyback+ before which I upgraded to millennia but wasn't LTF, hence since I wasn't able to convert, closed the card, and had the UPI card which I recently closed again. I want to get Regalia Gold LTF, but how do I apply it now? I don't think there is any preapproved as of now. But I only want it with LTF, my salary matches for Regalia, and my employer has close relationship with HDFC so they generally offer the cards on LTF basis. The branch was like wait for 3 months now and then directly apply for Regalia once there is an offer.

I had moneyback+ before which I upgraded to millennia but wasn't LTF, hence since I wasn't able to convert, closed the card, and had the UPI card which I recently closed again. I want to get Regalia Gold LTF, but how do I apply it now? I don't think there is any preapproved as of now. But I only want it with LTF, my salary matches for Regalia, and my employer has close relationship with HDFC so they generally offer the cards on LTF basis. The branch was like wait for 3 months now and then directly apply for Regalia once there is an offer.
If you want the credit card at the time of your liking, then chances of LTF are pretty slim. I got Millenia LTF due to my employer tie ups with HDFC.

If LTF is what you seek, then there are ways to make card LTF without waiting for offer, even when you get it as paid. You can look for thius kind of thread on this forum. If you spend that amount within first 90 days, the card will be LTF. For Regalia it's 1L spends within 90days of card issuance.

I am not sure whether same applies to Regalia Gold and also whether that spend based criteria has changed in last 2 years. You can alternatively mail the priority redressal after getting card stating your employer and request hem to convert it LTF but that's a chance game and they may or may not entertain that request, that's their discretion.

If you want the credit card at the time of your liking, then chances of LTF are pretty slim. I got Millenia LTF due to my employer tie ups with HDFC.

If LTF is what you seek, then there are ways to make card LTF without waiting for offer, even when you get it as paid. You can look for thius kind of thread on this forum. If you spend that amount within first 90 days, the card will be LTF. For Regalia it's 1L spends within 90days of card issuance.

I am not sure whether same applies to Regalia Gold and also whether that spend based criteria has changed in last 2 years. You can alternatively mail the priority redressal after getting card stating your employer and request hem to convert it LTF but that's a chance game and they may or may not entertain that request, that's their discretion.
So, the spend based criteria has been off for quite a long time, I confirmed this while I was getting my millennia, now the smartPay feature is also off. The things is the bank person also quoted that bank isn't offering any card on C2C basis now too. So, that's bummer. The problem is even if I wait for pre approved offers there may or maynot be Regalia, hence that would be another gamble. The other way of getting Regalia and then stating employer, for that too, how do we apply for a specific card if it has not been offered?, generally while applying it we get recommeded cards, that might not have regalia too. And will just create another cibil inquiry.

Please Share Ur Journey

So, the spend based criteria has been off for quite a long time, I confirmed this while I was getting my millennia, now the smartPay feature is also off. The things is the bank person also quoted that bank isn't offering any card on C2C basis now too. So, that's bummer. The problem is even if I wait for pre approved offers there may or maynot be Regalia, hence that would be another gamble. The other way of getting Regalia and then stating employer, for that too, how do we apply for a specific card if it has not been offered?, generally while applying it we get recommeded cards, that might not have regalia too. And will just create another cibil inquiry.
For your last point, do not apply online, Simple. Contact your RM and get him to apply it offline, or seek out your CSRM (if your RM is useless like mine). They are usually more professional. You can find your CSRM by looking into your first few emails you got when you opened account. (assuming you opened as a salary account). Alternatively, just get in touch with your branch and ask them CC point of contact. That person can also apply it for you.

This way, you won't get it as LTF and you will have to then request PRiority Redressal, Grievance Redressal etc. to make it LTF stating your relationship with HDFC and your employer. But keep in mind , It's their discretion at the end of the day.

Please Share Ur Journey

I got Millennia in October 2022. Was issued as LTF without even requesting.

Mid-September 2023:

I wanted Infinia after Magnus devaluation. So planned to get it against FD but that route was closed by HDFC in first week of September. The only way I could have Infinia in near future was with an existing card Upgrade by having 10L + limit and maintaining required usage in 6 months span before upgrade request.
I requested upgrade with income proof to Grievance redressal as I was eligible for DCB based on Salary. They outright rejected it without giving any reason but it was mostly that 4L spends in last 6 months criteria. My millenia was sparingly used.

Last week of October 2023:

Went via branch route this time. Requested LE and Upgrade along with my salary slips and account number of HDFC. They gave LE from 3.5L to 4.5L on Millenia but rejected upgrade again. Probably for the same reason. Got to know about rejection by November first week.

November 2023 :

On this thread, Got suggested to close HDFC cards and reapply for DCB via offline.

HDFC had already launched DCB metal by then.

Sought out my CSRM for the first time. Oh, and just in case i forgot to mention, My dedicated RM is utterly uselss. CSRM suggested the same approach, so I colsed my cards on 27th November. CSRM then arranged someone to get my signature on the form on 10th December.

1. 14th December - Application submitted by CSRM
2. 20th and 21st December - Two separate CIBIL hits
3. 22nd December - Card Approved in Principle, subject to internal checks message.
4. 24th December- Card Approved message.
5. 28th December - Card got delivered.

Last edited:
Back