• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice in dealing with HDFC Credit Card Dispute team

sgoyal9

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I always said that these HDFC guys are airheads but this takes to a new extreme.

I had a Regalia credit card which closed back in early Feb. I got the confirmation for closure as well at that time.

Today, I get a statement for some payment due on that same credit card. I check to see how that is possible. In the online statement, I see that there is some charge made on it a week prior.
Now, I did not make this charge nor did I get any notification from the bank at the time this charge was made.

I also got an email saying that some dispute has been made regarding a credit card transaction. I did not raise any dispute and I replied to the email immediately asking what all this about and that the card is already closed. Have not heard back from them yet. It has been more than 48 working hours.

Could not call my relationship manager as it a bank holiday. I called the bank helpline instead. These guys are telling me that some payment has been made and you have to wait for our investigation. They transferred me over 3 times to a "senior", funny how banks are able to transfer you when it is their fault but not when you need some assistance, and still they cannot give me a straight answer after being on call for over 60 mins.

I am trying to figure out how I figure into all of this. It has been more than 60 days since the card has been closed. Why am I on the hook or part of any investigation that this bank wants to take up? I am also not able to understand how they allowed any charge to take place on a closed credit card.

My concern is two-fold. Since the statement due by is marked as "Immediate", can it hurt my credit score? How should I escalate it to RBI since I do not trust this shit bank and its incompetent people at all.

Greatly appreciate any and all advice on how to proceed. Thank you in advance. Cheers

Last edited:
First get details of transaction, I.e site, transaction Id, date, on which purpose.

It's already closed so why you fear, no cibil issue.

Just write a mail to rbi ombudsman after 14 working days, simply don't complain.

If you are lucky and bank does care complain to rbi also ask a compensation 100 per day as the card was closed too say it's hdfc scam or issue.

I always said that these HDFC guys are airheads but this takes to a new extreme.

I had a Regalia credit card which closed back in early Feb. I got the confirmation for closure as well at that time.

Today, I get a statement for some payment due on that same credit card. I check to see how that is possible. In the online statement, I see that there is some charge made on it a week prior.
Now, I did not make this charge nor did I get any notification from the bank at the time this charge was made.

I also got an email saying that some dispute has been made regarding a credit card transaction. I did not raise any dispute and I replied to the email immediately asking what all this about and that the card is already closed. Have not heard back from them yet. It has been more than 48 working hours.

Could not call my relationship manager as it a bank holiday. I called the bank helpline instead. These guys are telling me that some payment has been made and you have to wait for our investigation. They transferred me over 3 times to a "senior", funny how banks are able to transfer you when it is their fault but not when you need some assistance, and still they cannot give me a straight answer after being on call for over 60 mins.

I am trying to figure out how I figure into all of this. It has been more than 60 days since the card has been closed. Why am I on the hook or part of any investigation that this bank wants to take up? I am also not able to understand how they allowed any charge to take place on a closed credit card.

My concern is two-fold. Since the statement due by is marked as "Immediate", can it hurt my credit score? How should I escalate it to RBI since I do not trust this shit bank and its incompetent people at all.

Greatly appreciate any and all advice on how to proceed. Thank you in advance. Cheers
Your scenario is a dispute case open period but card closed
In such cases suppose if our dispute fails post 60 day’s investigation period then banks will add the disputed amount to our card account with effective date of original spending date
Attaching one of my charge dispute with hdfcbank for your reference
Had many disputes with other cards but I never missed since I have all evidences.
Just wanted to say all that if any charge disputes happened in a card don’t close it for next 90 days supposedly if one want to close a card due to huge fee getting charged next month then don’t raise dispute at that juncture
Hdfc 45 days but general banking terms for cards 60 days
IMG_2783.jpeg

In such cases suppose if our dispute fails post 60 day’s investigation period then banks will add the disputed amount to our card account with effective date of original spending date
Had many disputes with other cards but I never missed since I have all evidences.
Just wanted to say all that if any charge disputes happened in a card don’t close it for next 90 days supposedly if one want to close a card due to huge fee getting charged next month then don’t raise dispute at that juncture
View attachment 14954
Btw did you ever face a scenario where the dispute wasn’t settled in your favour?
Were you ever charged interest rate in that case? I saw a member charged this interest rate (SBI).
I have also raised a dispute with Axis 3 months back which they haven’t resolved yet. Worried if I will be charged interest if it’s not resolved in my favour.

When dealing with disputed transaction its best to clear the outstanding as per the statement, as such investigation can take long time to resolve.
Unpaid bills will attract interest as well as negative impact on the CIBIL. If the dispute resolution is in your favour you will get the disputed amount in your account anyway. And if its not you will save yourself from negative cibil impact as well as interest charges.

When dealing with disputed transaction its best to clear the outstanding as per the statement, as such investigation can take long time to resolve.
Unpaid bills will attract interest as well as negative impact on the CIBIL. If the dispute resolution is in your favour you will get the disputed amount in your account anyway. And if its not you will save yourself from negative cibil impact as well as interest charges.
During a dispute we get temporary credit limit, the member was probably charged for that. Even if we pay additional, bank might still charge us.
Hence wanted to see @Wealth is my birth right! faced any such scenarios or not because he said he had raised many disputes.

View attachment 14954
Thank you for the reference. I still do not get how HDFC managed all this in my case. How did they mange to charge a card 60 days after it was closed? If it was the other way around, that I disputed a charge and then closed the card, it would make sense.

Btw did you ever face a scenario where the dispute wasn’t settled in your favour?
Were you ever charged interest rate in that case? I saw a member charged this interest rate (SBI).
I have also raised a dispute with Axis 3 months back which they haven’t resolved yet. Worried if I will be charged interest if it’s not resolved in my favour.
If your card is still open, I think the best thing would be to make full payment first.

First get details of transaction, I.e site, transaction Id, date, on which purpose.

It's already closed so why you fear, no cibil issue.

Just write a mail to rbi ombudsman after 14 working days, simply don't complain.

If you are lucky and bank does care complain to rbi also ask a compensation 100 per day as the card was closed too say it's hdfc scam or issue.
Would you by chance have reference to any clause or rule which allows us to ask for compensation in such cases?

I am definitely going to write to RBI saying these guys are scammers. Total crap situation. I feel like it is just a way for them to push the responsibility and in turn the financial budget onto the customer rather than own up to whatever mistake happened on their end that allowed this to happen.

No so far I have not lost on any of my dispute issues
15yrs credit card usage and 8 disputes so far
Best in the industry for dispute resolution is Amex and worst is HDFC Bank
Until I have solid concrete view that I win then only I raise chargeback else banks will hit us
They can charge us for that extra money and time spent on dispute

Many years back, I bought a superfan online for around 3.5k, payment went through, merchant portal gave error. I sent the receipt to the merchant and they denied having received the payment. I forwarded the same email to HDFC keeping the merchant in CC, got credit for the transaction. After few days merchant sent another email acknowledging receipt and couriered the materials. Have not got debited for that transaction since.

In 2018, I wanted to purchase insurance for my car and somehow decided to do it with paisabazaar. The site timed out after inputting the otp. I waited for nearly 2 months for the refund of nearly Rs36000 to no gain. After escalating via their CC, was told I need to follow up with insurance company as PB is only a platform. Contacted Allianz who said that they didn't receive any payment. Then I decided to start a chargeback proceeding via my Card a RBL Titanium Delight. I had to wait 2 months but was worth it. An AVP from PB had called and apologised and the charge was reversed to my card. But in the meanwhile RBL didn't release the limit but did not make me pay the amount but I was assured since Mastercard was involved.

Pls find itView attachment 15026
My current dispute resolution still awaited almost another 40 days they said over email
I did a Chargeback request recently with HDFC Bank and They also Credit me the amount as Provisional CR and told me that they'll take the dispute with Merchant for 45 Days (Something Like That).

Did you received any mail after 45 Days From HDFC Bank confirming that the Provisional Credit is Permanent ??

I did a Chargeback request recently with HDFC Bank and They also Credit me the amount as Provisional CR and told me that they'll take the dispute with Merchant for 45 Days (Something Like That).

Did you received any mail after 45 Days From HDFC Bank confirming that the Provisional Credit is Permanent ??
Post 45 days I checked card statement and didn’t found any reversals so I thought the dispute is in favour of me
However no mails received as an update after 45 days
I hope if we lose the dispute then bank may send mail to recover the money from our card account

I disputed a transaction on hdfc cc. The refund was credited 15-20 days after orig transaction, and now today provisional credit is provided in cc even after refund. Should I report this? as they will surely reverse it in future, but there are chances they might also charge interest.

Back