• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice on IDFC WOW Credit card

gowthamselvam

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Self received pre-approved FD back IDFC WOW credit card.
Self already hold IDFC Select Credit card.
Is it benefial to apply for WOW card ?
Kindly share your advice in this regard.
Thank in Advance.

Regards
Gowtham s

Attachments

• WOW Card.jpg
    WOW Card.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 54
Hi all,

Thank in Advance.

Regards
Gowtham s
it is a fd backed credit card so no point in taking it when you alreafy haveselect credit card

Hi all,

Thank in Advance.

Regards
Gowtham s
The only advantage of the Wow card is that it has Zero forex markup for international transactions. It is better than Select only in that aspect.

In case that is useful, you can take that. But you need to hold an FD against it.

Hi all,

Thank in Advance.

Regards
Gowtham s
If you have selected the credit card option, you will continue to receive emails prompting you to apply for the WOW card until you unsubscribe. However, the main unique selling point of this fixed deposit (FD)-based card is its Zero Forex feature. It offers Visa Infinite benefits, which can be attractive for individuals who don't have Visa Infinite on any of their existing credit cards. Additionally, if someone requires a ₹300 discount on two tickets on BookMyShow (BMS). Visa Singature offer that too be booked at 10am n 4pm.

Hi all,

Thank in Advance.

Regards
Gowtham s
WOW = Zero mark up fee for international transactions .. thats it.. If answer is yes - take it , if no- leave it .. as simple as that...
Every CC has its own USP. Some could be plain vanilla as well with no USP....
Every CC you consider depends up on your requirements ( usage or otherwise)..

The only advantage of the Wow card is that it has Zero forex markup for international transactions. It is better than Select only in that aspect.

In case that is useful, you can take that. But you need to hold an FD against it.
Self had the same thoughts. FD is for long term , so that wont be a problem.

If you have selected the credit card option, you will continue to receive emails prompting you to apply for the WOW card until you unsubscribe. However, the main unique selling point of this fixed deposit (FD)-based card is its Zero Forex feature. It offers Visa Infinite benefits, which can be attractive for individuals who don't have Visa Infinite on any of their existing credit cards. Additionally, if someone requires a ₹300 discount on two tickets on BookMyShow (BMS). Visa Singature offer that too be booked at 10am n 4pm.
Thank you for the information !!

WOW = Zero mark up fee for international transactions .. thats it.. If answer is yes - take it , if no- leave it .. as simple as that...
Every CC has its own USP. Some could be plain vanilla as well with no USP....
Every CC you consider depends up on your requirements ( usage or otherwise)..
Noted ! Thanks !

Hi all,

Thank in Advance.

Regards
Gowtham s
If you expect to travel abroad, I think the 0% markup fee would come in handy. Otherwise, WOW doesn't have any edge over Select.

Additionally more credit limit, a secured loan account might help your CIBIL a bit.

Please confirm my assumption is correct :-

If we withdraw money in abroad (Any country) we have to pay only 199+GST only and there is no interest for with in the credit period.

In that case this card could be alternate for forex card.

Please check FAQs. - Hope my understanding is correct.

What is a credit card for Forex?​

A credit card for forex helps International travellers transact easily. The IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card for forex is among the more popular forex credit cards, as it offers unique benefits like Zero Forex Mark-up fee and 0% interest on ATM cash withdrawal for 48 days. International travellers can save more and transact without limitations with the IDFC FIRST WOW Credit card.

Please check FAQs. - Hope my understanding is correct.

What is a credit card for Forex?​

A credit card for forex helps International travellers transact easily. The IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card for forex is among the more popular forex credit cards, as it offers unique benefits like Zero Forex Mark-up fee and 0% interest on ATM cash withdrawal for 48 days. International travellers can save more and transact without limitations with the IDFC FIRST WOW Credit card.
This is my understanding too. I have not tried it though. Was already carrying excess cash and did not need to withdraw. Do update us in case you try and if any other charges are applied.

Please confirm my assumption is correct :-

If we withdraw money in abroad (Any country) we have to pay only 199+GST only and there is no interest for with in the credit period.

In that case this card could be alternate for forex card.
Has anyone tried withdrawing cash from international ATM abroad? If so, please share if this works or not.
There might be atm charges of the bank you withdraw cash from, other than that, anything from IDFC except 199+GST?

Has anyone tried withdrawing cash from international ATM abroad? If so, please share if this works or not.
There might be atm charges of the bank you withdraw cash from, other than that, anything from IDFC except 199+GST?
Yes I have withdrawn Cash in Singapore earlier this year in ATM via this card. Works quite well. It is interest free till the due date payment and has zero percent markup. 199+GST is charged!

However if you withdraw using some foreign bank ATM, then one time fees of 8 dollars is also charged (as interchange fees by that bank). It may not be charged though for local bank ATMs like SBI etc. In some countries our banks have ATM machines, but not everywhere

Yes I have withdrawn Cash in Singapore earlier this year in ATM via this card. Works quite well. It is interest free till the due date payment and has zero percent markup. 199+GST is charged!

However if you withdraw using some foreign bank ATM, then one time fees of 8 dollars is also charged (as interchange fees by that bank). It may not be charged though for local bank ATMs like SBI etc. In some countries our banks have ATM machines, but not everywhere
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Back