• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards Need Help - HDFC swiggy card blocked before activation

hemant89

TF Select
I applied for the HDFC Swiggy card via the Swiggy app (LTF) a few days back and got the mail that it's approved (even in the Swiggy app it was showing approved).
Today I received the physical card but when I tried to activate it in HDFC cards it said that the card was blocked.
I tried to reach out to CC and they said that it is permanently blocked as they decided that they cannot issue the card after dispatching. I never heard that a bank would block the card after dispatching and how they come to the decision of non-issuing after dispatching the card.
Hence reaching out to the technofino community for suggestions. Did anyone ever face this issue? Is there anything that can be done here?

Looks like a false approval of your application. This has happened in the past to other users from other banks as well.

Wow. My card is also approved yesterday and it is not showing in mycards or netbanking. I think the same thing will happen for me. I will assume the worst so that I will not be disappointed.

We can't even complaint because of t&c. Atleast try to get the enquiry removed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.
Btw, is there a t&c regarding this? I haven't even started using it and they have even sent me the physical card. If they have sent the card they should follow with that or at least send a notification that it was a false approval and your card will not work.

Last edited:
Only this stupid HDFC Bank can do :

Beg to get applications.

Illogical processing.

Highly erratic n incorrect trackings.

Issue, courier AND then BLOCK. Even before delivery of card.

Accept Ativation of card AND then BLOCK.

Every month screw up the working App n netbanking App.

Refer everything to Chennai.

Except Chennai, everyone else is a courier in this louzy bank.

CustCare teams doesn't know anything.

Chennai office don't care a damn.

This in a nut shell is HDFC.

The ONLY team which works lightening fast, n contributes more than 600% to 1000%, is that which do hard hits on CIBIL.

With 16-18 hits in exactly one year, this team ALONE is the MOST EFFICIENT TEAM in HDFC.

It's another matter that even after that stupendous effort by that Team-par-excellence, a CC may not get approved.

It seems your card became a part of collateral damage....Currently, HDFC is blocking all the swiggy LTF cards issued fraudulently by sharing fake screenshot....You may complain to nodal officer ask for the reason of cancellation after being issued...If not satisfied with response then approach RBI banking ombudsman.

It seems your card became a part of collateral damage....Currently, HDFC is blocking all the swiggy LTF cards issued fraudulently by sharing fake screenshot....You may complain to nodal officer ask for the reason of cancellation after being issued...If not satisfied with response then approach RBI banking ombudsman.
Source of the info?

My card is already blocked....They told me that you shared tempered screenshot of LTF
Please post this in the group where they are encouraging this.

Please post this in the group where they are encouraging this.
I already shared complete details in this group

Thanks, I will try that. I have already sent an email to them and waiting for their response.

Back